• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul Mcbeth Luna review

OK, i will drop it. . .but i still think any Business should "make them while they´re hot, not when they´re not"

I agree, but they're going to do what they're going to do. And with the 4x (soon to be 5x?) Champ directly answering my inquiry, I gotta think there's some things to this collaboration that we don't know about, but might bear fruit for the McBeth line of discs in the future. Time will tell on that... :popcorn:

the McBeth line will probably be quite large, i´m kind of surprised that we have not seen more Apparel and Accessories with his logo.
It takes time to make a new disc. . but it´s easy to put the logo on a t-shirt or hat and just sell

OK, i will drop it. . .but i still think any Business should "make them while they´re hot, not when they´re not"

And, when you run your own disc company you can do that.

You are only seeing the finished product and have no clue what might go on behind the scenes in making them. Often Discraft hasn't made certain models available in certain plastics because of the problems running them. If you make a run of 1000 discs say you get under 50 rejects from that batch. Those 50 get reground and will make there way into another run of discs. If its a problem run maybe you get 100 rejects. Or 200 or 500+ all of which adds to costs of the discs.

This is just speculation on my part as I have no actual knowledge, but was a former worker in a plastics industry. I do think I remember hearing a post from someone at Discraft saying they had issue hot stamping the big Z Luna's which is why there are so many misprint double/triple stamps out there.

Yes, i reacted when REC ROB said there were 900 made + 500 misprints . .that´s alot of misprints for such a small batch

But i like blanks ;)

Let´s hope for a nice swirly ESP LUNA in 2020 then. . Discraft looks to experimenting with some fun swirl plastics so hopefully they can find a plastic that works for the LUNA

McBeth can throw something like the Groove if it were Discraft and a lot of people would be throwing them.

I guess one good thing that I dont even pay attention to the pros.

In terms of Macbeth's line of discs, I was told by a pretty reputable source his original contract was 5 molds, one for each disc category. So far we have the putter, Hybird driver and distance driver. My guess the mid will be next potentially stable to understable as he hasn't found a disc he has liked for that slot yet and then lastly a fairway driver potentially tee bird 3ish. Something with a bit more stability than the undertaker with a more comfortable rim. That was just in the first year. Who knows what is to come next year

In terms of Macbeth's line of discs, I was told by a pretty reputable source his original contract was 5 molds, one for each disc category. So far we have the putter, Hybird driver and distance driver. My guess the mid will be next potentially stable to understable as he hasn't found a disc he has liked for that slot yet and then lastly a fairway driver potentially tee bird 3ish. Something with a bit more stability than the undertaker with a more comfortable rim. That was just in the first year. Who knows what is to come next year

Discraft needs an os fairway driver. Way too big of a gap between Zone & Raptor. I guess they've alway felt that the Teebird is too good so why challenge it?

The Mcbeth Mid will be interesting, Discrafts mid setup is quite "full"

Fairways are easy, Discraft dont have a single 1,7-1,8mm OS one. . .Undertaker, Raptor, Anax,Predator. Vulture are all in that 1,8-1,9 speed 9 Control driver slot.

But then again i kind of feel like the 7-speed discs are becoming less popular. . people jumps from 5-speed mids direct to 9-speed discs

As a old "old school" player i´m used to 7-speed disc. but even i dont bag them anymore

Last edited:
But then again i kind of feel like the 7-speed discs are becoming less popular. . people jumps from 5-speed mids direct to 9-speed discs

As a old "old school" player i´m used to 7-speed disc. but even i dont bag them anymore

McBeth and Simon throw putters longer than I throw anything. Going from mids/putters to 9/10 speed discs makes sense for them. When I can throw a Buzzz 400+ then I might consider dropping the FD from my bag.

Never mind, no way I'm dropping the FD from my bag.

Sad but tru. Paul could throw his LUNA further than my longest ever drive. . . i don´t throw far. but i still like to play

But for someone like me i don´t really get big difference between each "disctype"

I can throw a LUNA 250feet pretty easy . . . but only get a 100 more feet with my longest driver

The Mcbeth Mid will be interesting, Discrafts mid setup is quite "full"

Fairways are easy, Discraft dont have a single 1,7-1,8mm OS one. . .Undertaker, Raptor, Anax,Predator. Vulture are all in that 1,8-1,9 speed 9 Control driver slot.

I was the opposite; I went from approach discs to speed 7 discs, with only the Pink Panther as a utility disc; ergo, the Leopard3 and an overstable disc (Banshee/Exodus/J.A. Teebird). Now I'm bagging more mids, but still keeping the Leo3 and OS disc in the bag for shots I have dialed in on the home course...

I was the opposite; I went from approach discs to speed 7 discs, with only the Pink Panther as a utility disc; ergo, the Leopard3 and an overstable disc (Banshee/Exodus/J.A. Teebird). Now I'm bagging more mids, but still keeping the Leo3 and OS disc in the bag for shots I have dialed in on the home course...

I do love the Leo3, especially the Luster and Hanna Swirl Star. . . BUT i can trhrow a mid almost as far and with more precision

I do love the Leo3, especially the Luster and Hanna Swirl Star. . . BUT i can trhrow a mid almost as far and with more precision

I have HL Swirly Stars and recently got a Drew Gibson Luster Leo3, but I've become a big fan of the Hannah Color Glows. I usually throw the Leo3 in relatively open terrain, and mids in more technical/wooded situations.

And McBeth threw Novas and now Lunas farther than I can throw anything without the aid of a small cannon, so it all becomes relative: whatever works, whatever creates the most fun...

All this talk about how far Paul & Simon can throw putters. Whatever. I bet Uncle Rico could throw a putter clear over them mountains.

If you don't understand this then you're not cool.

Just got this new run of Luna. It feels much better than the proto plastic. The proto plastic is like a Frankenstein mix of McPro, gravel & crayon. Just awful. This new blend feels just like a firm version of Jawbreaker. Huge improvement & it looks a lot better than the first runs. It's got a nice consistent color across the disc without those blemish splashes of odd colors you get from the proto/first-runs & Jawbreaker.

I'm looking to use this as my approach & really long putt option. My Jawbreaker Roach is too good for putting & it grabs the chains so well. I think they'll pair well.

Attachments

• IMG_20190719_174310.jpg
    IMG_20190719_174310.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts