• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth Signature Disc

I'm not sure a flat top champ rancho would actually sell that well, especially if it was kind of straight. At the very least it's going to be outsold many times to one by both KC pro Rocs and Dx Rocs because those are the most well reputed by Roc throwers. Also, those break in much faster, meaning people need to keep buying them. The only real coveted premium Rocs are the original CEs and the old Kenny glows that are flat but very overstable.

Factory second

They had a bunch of these at the Winthrop pro shop:
McBethRoc.jpg

Weight: 178g. Factory second because it has two small black specs in the rim

great roc!! Has nice glide and good stability. Theres one in the lake at Winthrop gold on #5 in the corner by the trees, if someone wants to go swimming. Glad I got 2. I hope it goes into production, though it does sa limited edition.

These are not like any Rocs I have thrown before. I expected a more stable flight, but found it very neutral. And ( imo ) one of the problems with Rocs is having to " break in" a disc instead of getting one off the shelf that does just what the last one did immediately. If players find that these are durable and still consistent they could catch on quickly.
I'm not sure a flat top champ rancho would actually sell that well, especially if it was kind of straight. At the very least it's going to be outsold many times to one by both KC pro Rocs and Dx Rocs because those are the most well reputed by Roc throwers. Also, those break in much faster, meaning people need to keep buying them. The only real coveted premium Rocs are the original CEs and the old Kenny glows that are flat but very overstable.

If you haters truly don't think Paul deserves a Champ Roc as his signature disc, why don't you go talk to Dave in his PDGA thread about it instead of slamming one of our members for "not being worthy"? He's probably the one who OK'd it.

Wow, harsh. I didn't mean to ruffle so many feathers and for realz didn't mean any disrespect to McBeth. His a world champion, a great player and seems like an all around great guy from the little that I talked to him when he was in town. He deserves all that he gets, no doubt. No hatin from me, sorry if it was taken that way.

I thought that the point of my post was clear, but maybe it wasn't :doh: that was my surprise at the fact that obviously Dave D. okayed it and I'm sure that champions past have asked for a champ roc and been denied b/c champ rocs have been a USDGC exclusive item for so long. You know others must have asked for a production champ roc in the past and been shot down, it makes just makes sense, right? People have been wanting premium rocs as long as premium plastic has been around. We finally got stars and now it looks like we'll get champs.

I'm just really, really surprised that Dave would a) change his griplock stance on champ rocs being USDGC only and b) when they do get put into production, finally, let them be a sig disc immediately upon release. I haven't been playing that many years, but it seems like when sig discs are released they are already models/plastic in regular production and then get a sig stamp added to them later, except for KC pro plastic of course. I could be wrong about that tho, no doubt.

I was really surprised when I saw that disc and maybe I worded my opinions too strongly. I'm way more surprised by Dave D's decision to run these than anything. That's all I was meaning to say.

there is a champ roc to combat the ti plastic buzz and wasp. its not hard to figure this out, mcbeth or not it was a matter of time. especially since they can run it in the new champ formula.

innova may remove my wasp now

I have two non factory seconds.

Saving them for a rainy day.

Gonna be worth a lot one of these days.

Yeah but what do those pics mean? Will the new champ roc fly like a wasp? They look close

I was just posting them for comparison. I am going to throw them tomorrow and test the Roc's stability. They are really close in profile and feel so that's what has me interested in comparing them.

I threw my F2 today and I must say that they are a really nice roc. Not as overstable as a TI wasp or a champ rancho though. More like a new San Marino in my opinion. The roc had less fade than a wasp and less turn than a new max weight crystal buzzz, with about the same fade. My roc is 180g scaled. Definitely nowhere close to a Kenny glo.