• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth signs 10 year, $10 000 000 contract with Discraft

Ford-Mustang-four-door-Jan-4-1963.jpg

:eek::sick::sick::sick:

That's dumb!

Let's hope Paul doesn't do what Tiger did Tuesday morning.
I'm pretty sure a McLaren Spider doesn't have the protection of a Genesis GV80.

You might be surprised.
https://www.menshealth.com/technology-gear/a26990660/mclaren-supercar-crash-safety/

"There's a one-piece carbon-fiber safety cell under here," a McLaren engineer said later that evening at Pebble Beach, rapping the side of a 600LT, the newest model to emerge from the company's Woking production line. "This MonoCell is virtually bombproof. You'll survive just about anything in a McLaren."

Credit McLaren's multi-championship Formula One team for the pioneering invention.

You might be surprised.
https://www.menshealth.com/technology-gear/a26990660/mclaren-supercar-crash-safety/

"There's a one-piece carbon-fiber safety cell under here," a McLaren engineer said later that evening at Pebble Beach, rapping the side of a 600LT, the newest model to emerge from the company's Woking production line. "This MonoCell is virtually bombproof. You'll survive just about anything in a McLaren."

Credit McLaren's multi-championship Formula One team for the pioneering invention.

Wow.

Reading that article makes me wish they made a minivan.

Even if he isn't still playing in 10 years, he will be a highly visible active representative of the sport in 2031. He's a business man. I'm sure he already has plans in motion for his brand beyond his playing years. He's building a course, right? Imagine a Paul McBeth Open disc drop in the same way they do ledgestone drops. There should be no worries. His name is goin move plastic for a long time

It's also kinda like in sports with these generational athletes.

He's probably worth more than a million for the first half of that and probably worth less for the back half.

It makes sense for discraft to lock in that deal now and get as much as they can before the age 35 hits and it obviously makes sense for Paul to get as much for as long as he can.

PFT Commenter and Big Cat of Pardon My Take talk about this on their latest podcast, starting around the 25:00 mark. If you're fans of their show, you'll appreciate it.

If not mentioned, at 3:49 of the video there is a baseball trophy from 2002 with Pablo McBeth on it. I recon this is his name, no?

I kinda feel for Climo.
Dude peaked before long before the game did.

I dunno what Innova pays him, but it ain't enough to buy a McClaren.

I kinda feel for Climo.
Dude peaked before long before the game did.

I dunno what Innova pays him, but it ain't enough to buy a McClaren.

Without him being an active player anymore I don't know about straight salary, but I would imagine having your name on the Teebird, Firebird, Roc, Aviar, and Wraith brings in a few bucks.

I wonder how much the rest of the Elite team get´s?

But i guess Paul and Paige stands for +90% of "player costs" and the rest get´s more a "tour series disc" kind of money

Maybe this contract is a big weight on Pauls sholders, Two Discaft players beat Paul this weekend. . .i bet they don´t make even close to 10% of that kind of money.

No way signing a 10mil contract will increase your drive to succeed.

Mentally he feels he's already succeeded so no reason to turn on the burners. Maybe even subconsciously.

^^The above is just my opinion and no I have no link or inside info for it. :)

Sure, if he get´s the money no matter what.. .why practice every day?

Mentally he feels he's already succeeded so no reason to turn on the burners. Maybe even subconsciously.
There's also another possibility (as Jolt mentioned)... the added pressure of earning the contract.

Last edited:

^^The above is just my opinion and no I have no link or inside info for it. :)

Sure, if he get´s the money no matter what.. .why practice every day?

Everyone is different, but I never bought into the professional athletes losing motivation with the increase in money. IMO, most athletes at the top of their games have a special drive. I don't know if it is internal, competition, narcissism, ego.....or a combo of many things. I just don' t think money takes many of them out of play.

I do think McBeth quit yesterday. Once a few mistakes, took winning off the table, it looks like he just quit. I am not impressed by quitting. Of course, that is just my take....I do lack the inside knowledge of one of our posters. ;)

Who knows when this deal was really agreed to...meaning I'm pretty sure it was intentional to announce it directly before for the first DGPT event of the season...for the biggest impact.

Latest posts