• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pay for an Ace?

what do you pay for an ace?

• Pat him on the back and say, "Way to go!".

Votes: 58 65.9%
  • Give him a dollar.

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • give him 5 dollars.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • give him your car, and you will pay him a gazillion dollar in installments.

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
You can pay for school, but you can't buy class.

I didn't actually pay for school, and neither did my parents. Free ride all the way. And there are a whole lot less classy things than signing a piece of metal. Really people, it is basically harmless and there are way bigger things to be worried about.

And just for the record, I did not sign the metal on any of my aces, as the basket is OUTSIDE and the marker will eventually wear off. Makes more sense to sign the disc, but I have no problem with those that sign the basket.

I may not agree with your way of doing things but I will defend your right to do it if it doesn't hurt anyone else.

I'm about 6 months from having a PhD in genetics, have a genetics BS with a 3.8 from Texas A&M (no grade inflation for Aggies), was valedictorian of a class of 200 and a National Merit Scholar. How bout you Mr. mental compacity (I think capacity is what you were going for genius)?

and your point is? book smarts don't keep you from being stupid...and myself having a technical degree (BSME) i would think you would not be so quick to judge someone, then say you were valedictorian of the class of 200...just saying we all make mistakes, and yes, you are acting about 9 years old...

And there are a whole lot less classy things than signing a piece of metal.
i think the class comment was aimed at you bragging about your education and putting the other person down, Mr. PhD...just my .02

Its vandalism. And it looks like crap. Get your disc signed and leave the park alone.

Yes, it may look like crap once you get closer than 15ft, although I think it gives the basket character, like good graffiti on an empty wall . But again, you usually cannot even tell if the basket is signed until you get close.

It's no one's right to break the law.

Funny side note: Actual screen shot of your profile shows your age as "1". Anyone else find this ironic? (see below)

Attachments

• nice.jpg
    nice.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 14
It's no one's right to break the law.

Funny side note: Actual screen shot of your profile shows your age as "1". Anyone else find this ironic? (see below)

also states that "kerplunk has not made any friends yet"...sorry couldn't resist that one...

and your point is? book smarts don't keep you from being stupid...and myself having a technical degree (BSME) i would think you would not be so quick to judge someone, then say you were valedictorian of the class of 200...just saying we all make mistakes, and yes, you are acting about 9 years old...

I was not saying anyone else was not smart (except maybe Mr. Mental Compacity), only that I am not stupid. And I admit is was overdone, but it really bothers me that people get so worked up over something that has no negative effect on anyone.

Gosh, between Mental Compasity and a guy who graduated 1809 years ago, I don't know who to side with...

If i were the hole sponsor for that basket and saw writing all over my 400 dollar investment, i might not be very happy about it...not that i personally have a problem with it, just playing devil's advocate...

I was not saying anyone else was not smart (except maybe Mr. Mental Compacity), only that I am not stupid. And I admit is was overdone, but it really bothers me that people get so worked up over something that has no negative effect on anyone.

Doesn't hurt anyone except the person who paid really good money for the baskets. Its not about anything other than respect. You didn't pay for them, so just be glad that they allow you to use them in the first place. Be respectful of the people who make it possible for use to play and leave their things they way you find them.

Hey look someone else cant type! My mental compacity figured that out though.

Last edited:
Alright, my age being one and having no friends is pretty funny, I can admit that.

And I just want to say, I do not litter and in fact I usually pick up trash, I always call numbers when I find or even buy marked discs, and I am always encouraging people to come play our local doubles. All in all I believe I am a good ambassador for the sport, but it looks like I'm not making any friends on this issue.

Hey look someone else cant type!

lol, karma

pot-kettle-black.jpg

Gosh, between Mental Compasity and a guy who graduated 1809 years ago, I don't know who to side with...

Now thats funny stuff right there. Thanks for the laugh.

The funny thing is that the word in question has been F'ed up 2 times in the matter of 20 minutes. Where else can you get this kind of laughs for free

The groups I play in have never really talked about it, but we do have an unwritten rule, that who ever gets an Ace is going to get dinner on us.

The funny thing is that the word in question has been F'ed up 2 times in the matter of 20 minutes. Where else can you get this kind of laughs for free

lol, I didn't even see I typed Compasity. This is why I never call people out on grammar or spelling online. Stupid public school education of mine...:mad:

Several of us here do the 5150 thing. $5 for an ACE, $1 for chains, and $0.50 for metal (pole, basket, chain hangers, or numberplate). We pay for skip ACES but no other skips. We all know who's in and who's not at the start of the round. A few of us have been doing it for many, many years so we don't even have to acknowledge it prior to the start. Nobody's getting rich off of it, it just adds some excitement. Some of us have it as a standing rule at events we are in together, even if we're not on the same card. We DON'T pay if we're not in the same event as the ACE maker, since there is no way to even it up with your own ACE.

As a side note: We do have a SHORT GAME (putter game) that involves the 5150 rule plus other means of gambling that can really get expensive, or really lucrative, depending on which side of the payoff you're on.

lol, I didn't even see I typed Compasity. This is why I never call people out on grammar or spelling online. Stupid public school education of mine...:mad:

Me too, I made the same mistake. Thats what I get for doing not thinking beforehand and guess what oh well. It did make for a fun half an hour:eek:

Latest posts