• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pay for an Ace?

what do you pay for an ace?

• Pat him on the back and say, "Way to go!".

Votes: 58 65.9%
  • Give him a dollar.

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • give him 5 dollars.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • give him your car, and you will pay him a gazillion dollar in installments.

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
...how the hell is an ace run a bad shot? sorry if 20' putts scare you

An ace run is not a bad shot if that is your intention...however...in most cases...in holes over 250ft...if the ace didn't hit chains you are looking at a nice 50+ft come back shot.

20 foot putts are gimmie's for me...30 foot...not so gimmie...but 25' and in should be money.

But I think we are playing the course from two different mindsets...I play tournaments and all my casual rounds are militantly played by PDGA rules. I use my mini, call myself on OB, play from the shule, and hole out on every putt...even when I'm the only one out there...because I have to keep that mindset....most people here seem to be playing casual rounds with friends...and I understand that...and I'm happy they enjoy playing disc golf and hope they promote the sport to their friends.

That's kinda BS. There are lots of really good players who have been playing for years and never hit an ace, and I have been playing for less than 2 and hit 3. Poor logic again 80played. No offense.

So I guess you think an ace/ace run is a bad shot?

Check the other thread about respect. I'm not smart enough to link things. Basically, bad shot for tourney play, good shot for casual play.

I kind of agree with that. I play for birds alot more in tourneys then running at aces, unless Im way out of it or way ahead, like I was this last weekend. I still wouldnt call it a bad shot. It cant be that bad if you hit what your trying to hit.

I just went and played a round (-9 with 3 discs, but at Cornwallis regs for those who know it), and after talking to my friend and partaking in other DG activities I changed my mind. People should not sign the baskets. Here is my new logic:

The baskets are public (usually), which means they belong to everyone. Thus, while I might not mind my portion of the basket being signed, the majority of you would rather it not, so others should respect your wishes and not sign it. That being said, when I own my own course I will encourage basket signing on aces.

Sorry for being a bit of a d-bag, and for the thread jack. Now you know why I don't have any friends :D

Back to the thread topic, we also do 5-1 here in Durham, North Carolina.

ththgoodpost.gif

If there is no ace pot and a guy in your group aces, you give him $5.00. If he hits metal, give him a $1.00. If you are not on his card but witnessed the ace, give him a $1.00. If you are not on the card and see him hit metal, tell him "nice shot" when you get close enough to talk to him.

If there is an Ace pot...no gratuity needed.

I agree if it's a tourny, if your playing cassual $1 for an ace is acceptable.

kerplunk you make no sense and bragging about a -9 at cornwallis is like bragging about taking candy from a baby..name someone who everyone knows that has no aces and is a good player...an ace isnt a bad shot, it is a good shot with some luck..

kerplunk you make no sense and bragging about a -9 at cornwallis is like bragging about taking candy from a baby..name someone who everyone knows that has no aces and is a good player...an ace isnt a bad shot, it is a good shot with some luck..

That is why I said "BUT at Cornwallis regs"= not bragging.

And I don't know any good players with no aces, but I know there are plenty on DGCR with no aces that might consider themselves good. Are you saying they aren't?

I'll sign the persons disc, if I see them ace.

"51" is a common game played on a lot of courses. The problem is that a lot of people won't pay up when you hit metal, and especially when you ace. When everyone has agreed to 51, and then people don't pay up, it just creates animosity and takes the fun out of playing.

Personally....I'd rather play skins, than 51.

being a college student, I dont have the money to give someone for getting an ace, but it would be nice to be able to expect money everytime I aced a hole

Latest posts