• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Asks Golfers to not play courses...

Played a threesome yesterday at a course that's always pretty empty west of town. We were the only ones there. Have driven by a couple courses in town and they've been pretty packed, no interest in playing them presently.

^ This, more than anything else, is what is keeping me off the course. I can still toss putters around the yard, practice putting, and take the dogs out for exercise.

Yep. I still played, but I picked up every shot within 30 ft of the basket and moved on. I just didn't see enough reward to offset the admittedly very low risk of putting. How incredibly stupid would I feel, if somehow I found out that's how I contracted the disease, after all the other precautions I too? :doh:

If people aren't putting out and are out on courses alone or in small groups, save putting for your back yard. Practice rather than play. Go to an empty field and practice different throws, then get back home. Practice!

Re: membership dues

The value of the membership is sold to us in terms of individual perks but the full benefit of the PDGA goes beyond those perks. If we all requested refunds because we weren't getting the individual perks, that could put the PDGA in a tough financial spot (I said "could" because I'm really talking about member dues in a broad way and don't know PDGA budget matters) and we could lose the benefit of and benefits of PDGA as an organization. Our "dues" contribute to something bigger than just the individual perks, so I would argue we should be generous in relinquishing whatever ownership we feel over our contributed portion of the dues. You're really paying into a collective action, like that idea or not. And if you still value the collective organization that results in part, from those dues, then you say, "No really, keep it."

Current World Champ plays DG round and doesn't practice social distancing...

How's that for controversy?

That was filmed before the social distancing ball got rolling. It says that in the first few seconds of the video.

It said it was recorded before the stay-at-home order. People were social distancing prior to being ordered to stay at home.

They were aware enough to avoid touching each other's discs,so they should have been smart enough to avoid:
1) handling the same cards (which the video clearly shows a couple of times).
2) get as close as they did quite a few times.

At least two of them were holding the phone at times, and chances are it was all recorded on the same phone.

Without knowing the specific date the round was played, it's hard say how aggregious we'd have thought it was at the time. It's amazing how much attitudes and behaviors have changed in just a few weeks.

Last edited: