• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA iPhone app

I really love the app!!!

It would be nice to know the exact calc for the ratings.

God bless america and all that, but the whole world doesn't work on imperial measurement (feet&in)

can we have a metric option?

Jesse
UK

On behalf of the development team, we really appreciate the feedback. We worked very hard in this project for the last 9 months. We had a large group of testers helping us. We compared our core features, especially the fundamental scorekeeping, against all of the apps previously released.

We know our 1.0 release isn't perfect, and we have a long list of features identified for future releases. We feel that we have done a good job of implementing the basics, and we are committed to providing regular updates, which will be free to anyone that buys a copy.

We appreciate your support and encourage you to spread the word. If we have good sales numbers, we'll be able to reinvest in the development, including major new features.

If you like what we are doing and want to help, please submit a positive review on the app store!

And we are starting work on an Android version soon! (This was sent from my Droid X!)

Theo Pozzy

I really love the app!!!

It would be nice to know the exact calc for the ratings.

God bless america and all that, but the whole world doesn't work on imperial measurement (feet&in)

can we have a metric option?

Jesse
UK
/
I will add it to the feature list!

First off, love the app. Used it for the first time yesterday and it worked very well. However, I feel like there should be an option to edit more of the hole information. I play a course that has 38 holes, and many of the holes have been added in between the traditional ones. For example, there is a hole 11, and then an 11A, 11B, and 11C before proceeding to 12 (This also happens 2 other times on the course adding 10 holes total). Generally, I don't play all 38 holes in one outing, and would like a way to better keep track/save hole information without having to edit it each time I play. Is there something like this in the works for the app?

Also, is there a way I could load a custom course? That way I could designate which layout I wanted to play of a course that has more than 18 holes?

App reviewer wanted

First of all, congrats to the PDGA for launching this app. I hope this attracts more attention to the sport, and I know the competition in the DG scorekeeping space will encourage innovative new features that benefit the community as a whole.

Question: Would someone be willing to do a comparative review of the latest and greatest scorekeeping apps?
I'd love to see PDGA vs. Discasaurus vs. Disc Golf. I'd do it myself, but I helped develop one of the apps, so an objective third party would probably write a better review ;o)

I found another little glitch today after my round. I don't know if it's just my phone, but when after my round I clicked the email score option and my phone just went straight back to my home screen and completely closed the program. I tried it a few more times with the same result. But I must say, keeping score with it was a breeze.

Worth $5 for what it offers? Bad reviews on itunes so far...

It will be worth the money once a few updates are done. There was some beta testing done, but with the wide release, the number of folks using it has increased exponentially and a number of small bugs have been discovered.

V1.03 is apparently going through soon. I'll gladly pay for the app when we get to version ~1.10 or so and all of the initial bugs are worked out.

I think it is an awesome app! It lets you keep score and calculates your rating at the end, and while it might not be an official rating it is still cool to see how I played.

My only problem is that I tried to calculate a score for a 12 hole round and it said that it couldn't do it because the round had to have at least 12 holes??:doh: So I'm guessing someone accidentally left an if (x>12) instead of the correct if (x>=12)

but wouldn't it just toss it into the else if (x>=9) statement and give you a really weird round rating? Sounds like it's a little more messed up than just a botched boolean...

It will be worth the money once a few updates are done. There was some beta testing done, but with the wide release, the number of folks using it has increased exponentially and a number of small bugs have been discovered.

V1.03 is apparently going through soon. I'll gladly pay for the app when we get to version ~1.10 or so and all of the initial bugs are worked out.

why not spend the $ now....and help find any bugs to make the program better, faster?

just purchased the application, looks like it has a lot of potential, I'll give a test after work. also my java related suggestion was useless, I didn't know you selected specific courses...

I will most likely purchase this app sooner than later I just wanted to know of some of this issues in advance to be aware of them. I am glad that there is an app of this caliber for disc golf. I wonder if the made a lite version for free for people to test out, then maybe they would sell more. Easier to send $5 when you have tested it out and know you like it.

My friend has been using the app, and he thought it would be cool if the 'around me' option showed wind speeds at each of the closest courses. Thought I would throw it out there :)

i believe the android one is only $1.00. there is an app on android that says it gets the pics and details from this site. is it the same one everyone is talking about?

First of all, congrats to the PDGA for launching this app. I hope this attracts more attention to the sport, and I know the competition in the DG scorekeeping space will encourage innovative new features that benefit the community as a whole.

Question: Would someone be willing to do a comparative review of the latest and greatest scorekeeping apps?
I'd love to see PDGA vs. Discasaurus vs. Disc Golf. I'd do it myself, but I helped develop one of the apps, so an objective third party would probably write a better review ;o)

What did you have in mind cuz I have almost all of the apps for my phone. If you want like a 1-10 with a 10 being good rating on all of them then its DiscGolf - 8 PDGA - 5 Discasaurus - 1

If you want me to do a more in depth one then I could