• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2019 Delaware Disc Golf Challenge 23-Aug to 25-Aug-2019

I don't really see it as a contradiction for Paige. When she says she doesn't play if she doesn't feel she can win, I understand that to mean when she plays, she wants to give it her all (mentally and physically). In the FPO division, that means playing to win because her best is the best in the division. But going to USDGC, she's going to play her very best but understands that even shooting her best possible round four times in a row isn't very likely to be good enough to win. Not against a few dozen players that out-rate her by 50-80+ points. She's only got two rounds in her entire career that are rated higher than McBeth's current average. She's driven to be the best she can be but she's not delusional.

I don't really see it as a contradiction for Paige. When she says she doesn't play if she doesn't feel she can win, I understand that to mean when she plays, she wants to give it her all (mentally and physically). In the FPO division, that means playing to win because her best is the best in the division. But going to USDGC, she's going to play her very best but understands that even shooting her best possible round four times in a row isn't very likely to be good enough to win. Not against a few dozen players that out-rate her by 50-80+ points. She's only got two rounds in her entire career that are rated higher than McBeth's current average. She's driven to be the best she can be but she's not delusional.

I agree with you that's probably what she's thinking. However, that's not how she described it.

It seems to me like she doesn't know how to put what is in her head into words for this specific idea. That's not a critique of her at all; we all do that more than we probably know or want to admit.

Risk/Reward decisions in terms of money cost/benefit, health and personal goals of these touring players are not known by most of our viewers with some, like health, changing from week-to-week. We can only speculate. For instance, Paul has occasionally mentioned he would like to reach a 1060 rating. What courses and his chance to practice them in advance may occasionally be a factor in his choices.

Risk/Reward decisions in terms of money cost/benefit, health and personal goals of these touring players are not known by most of our viewers with some, like health, changing from week-to-week. We can only speculate. For instance, Paul has occasionally mentioned he would like to reach a 1060 rating. What courses and his chance to practice them in advance may occasionally be a factor in his choices.

If McBeth keeps shooting his average the past tournaments, he could hit it by the end of the year. Not saying he will, but if he keeps up the torrid pace of the last few months (1062 golf the last 2 tourneys), he could. He only plans to play 5 or so more events this year, so another 20ish rounds and he could get it. Anyone want to do the math of what he'd need to average the rest of the year to hit 1060? idk the formula well enough.

Here are his last two tourneys:

Worlds (not counted in the last ratings calculation):

European Open

Latest posts