• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Smoking Ban

Do you Agree with the PDGA ban on smoking at majors?

• Yes

Votes: 67 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 39 36.8%

• Total voters
Its not a smoking ban...lets be PC:sick:...its a "non-smoking policy".

Call it what you want. Its good for the sport and the majority of people wanted it. 'nough said.

Smoking or not is one of the differences between a hobby and a sport.

This is one I more or less think is just a joke. I don't smoke cigarettes often, but I think that in the case of being OUTSIDE, people should lighten up about people lighting up if they so choose. It's not like you have to stand a foot away from someone who's smoking, and the smoke isn't going to build up heavily with no roof above your heads.

Just taking away freedom of choice one more lame rule at a time if you ask anyone else.

I don't smoke, but I certainly don't care if someone is smoking near me OUTSIDE!

Don't smoke in my house. Don't smoke in my car. Otherwise... enjoy!

I'm down with a ban at that level, however the 'out of the public eye' part is kind of sketchy and makes it come off as an illicit drug. At Disneyland, you must smoke in designated areas but even in that case, the smoking areas are in desirable locations well within the public eye. It's up to the parents to teach their children why they should avoid these areas.

It's getting to the point where we seem to forget that we need to be EDUCATING our children about bad habits, instead of hiding them. On a global scale, this strategy will massively backfire because the kids will end up becoming curious about where all the 'cool' people are running off and hiding to. They DO state that it IS about the kids, right?

Its not a smoking ban...lets be PC:sick:...its a "non-smoking policy".

Yeah, I don't like how the PDGA official spokesman begins by wanting us to immediately engage in double think. :wall:

That sends an awful message.

Not only that, but just because a majority of PDGA members didn't mind the ban does not make it a good policy. A majority of members are not affected by the ban as they didn't play in the Worlds and will probably not be playing in a major. I'm not a smoker but I have a hard time telling others they can't smoke in the middle of an open park.

This is less about smoking cigarettes and more about " medicinal herbs" in my opinion. They just dont want the public to see that 80%+ (including the top pros) use medicinal herbs. My numbers maybe off a little but not much. Sponsors dont want to give money to "medicine heads". I have nuthing aginst ppl that smoke or use medicine, it just puts a bad aura on the sport.

We need to get rid of the "hippie game" persona that the sport has. This is a good first step exspecially for a sport thats trying to breakthrough.

I know baseball,football ect have steroids and blah blah drugs but they are already established.

Disc golf needs to act like it just got hired at a job. Be on your best behavior for a little while, get in good with the big wigs, and sell ppl on the sport. Then u can f**k up and only hurt yourself and not the whole sport because it will be established.

/rant

if i can't do a shot of tequila at every tee then people shouldn't be allowed to smoke either

Hmmm, one is against the law, that may have something to do with it...

At any rate, what is the deal with chew and e*cigs? Can anyone give me a logical explanation for banning those?

if i can't do a shot of tequila at every tee then people shouldn't be allowed to smoke either

Why stop doing shots at the tee? What's wrong with the fairway, OB, rough, and putting circle?

At any rate, what is the deal with chew and e*cigs? Can anyone give me a logical explanation for banning those?

That didn't stop a few people from getting fairly drunk at Crown College, a dry Christian college last weekend.. :sick:

Banning e-cigs and chewing tobacco doesn't make much sense either.

But hey, they didn't outlaw candy cigarettes!

Latest posts