• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Smoking Ban

Do you Agree with the PDGA ban on smoking at majors?

• Yes

Votes: 67 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 39 36.8%

• Total voters
Stud has the view that if RP were to win the presdeincy he would legalize all drugs. However, Dr. Paul only wants to change our country's approach towards drug users to a more social issue and not criminal. But the smoking ban is alittle annoying, Im almost certain you can smoke on the course during PGA rounds.
John Daley. They try to make sure the camera doesn't show it. They're successful 95% of the time.

Well good job wrecking this thread that was destined for train-wreck-ocity from the get go.

I want to know their reasoning for only banning cigarette smoke? Why not other things that annoys people? Stuff like this is why I would probably never play a pdga event. Everything I read online just sounds so ****ing stupid. I would definitely end up punching somebody in the face that tried to bitch at me about some stupid **** you guys talk about on here all the time.

Im not here to debate whether or not he said he was going to legalize herion, he's leaving that to the state. If you believe its the government's right to tell you what you can and cannot do to your own body than thats your opinion. Just remeber that all drugs were legal in the early 20th centrury.

Im not here to debate whether or not he said he was going to legalize herion

It's not a debate.
If you watch the video, he says it quite plainly.
The point is, such a ban, like the 'smoking ban' of the PDGA would be illegal, it would be against the philosophy of Liberty, and thus not only could we smoke while we DG in PDGA tourneys if Ron Paul wins, but we could do heroin if we so choose.

Yea Liberty!

I think the ban is bull. I'm a non smoker and don't enjoy second hand smoke, but out of doors chewing tobacco and e-cigs are really inoffensive. I really resent the PDGA's overreach on this one.

It's not a debate.
The point is, such a ban, like the 'smoking ban' of the PDGA would be illegal, it would be against the philosophy of Liberty, and thus not only could we smoke while we DG in PDGA tourneys if Ron Paul wins, but we could do heroin if we so choose.

Yea Liberty!

No it wouldn't be illegal. How can you really be so dense? You have the right to not play in the PDGA event or not. If YOU DECIDE to play in the event, then you are making the FREE CHOICE to play by whatever crazy **** they come up with.

No it wouldn't be illegal. How can you really be so dense? You have the right to not play in the PDGA event or not. If YOU DECIDE to play in the event, then you are making the FREE CHOICE to play by whatever crazy **** they come up with.

In the words of Ron Paul, "It's a First Amendment thing."

sounds like most of the posters didn't bother to actually click on the pdga link and bother to read it...

the smoking ban is still only on major tour events. and there will actually be areas designated for smoking at these events.

from PDGA:

PDGA Majors and special areas are both key phrases in this new policy. PDGA 2012 Majors are the only tournaments that this policy applies to. They are as follows: Pro/Am World Championships, U.S. Amateur National Championships, Stockholm Open, U.S. Masters Championship, U.S. Women's Championship, PDGA Championship, and the USDGC. Also, special areas are areas designated for smoking by the Tournament Director. As the policy states, these areas will be out of the public eye. So it's a big "no no" to go behind a tree or bush and sneak a drag----there will be consequences.

I have an idea.

All the smokers of the PDGA unite.
And say if this is not repealed, we are all leaving the PDGA.

I would say that would be over 50%.

Or, rock the vote, and put all pro-smokers in leadership.

I read the link, and though i prob wont be playing any majors, i dont agree that is the right road to go down for the sport. So i will just play unsantion, leauges, and casual.

There is another way to look at this. It would make the PDGA look like they know what they're doing so some will disagree just because of that. :)

They can now say they are doing something about smoking in the sport, which is one of the many pc things going on in society today, so they look good doing that by banning smoking in their major tournaments.

They can also say they are listening to the players and banning smoking only in their major tournaments.

One of the big appeals to me when i started was dg's acceptance of all.
While we can talk about the details of it holding only at majors, i feel this is just the beginnig.
I wont fiscally support that line of thinking.

Disc golf needs to act like it just got hired at a job. Be on your best behavior for a little while, get in good with the big wigs, and sell ppl on the sport. Then u can f**k up and only hurt yourself and not the whole sport because it will be established.

Quote for truth.

Ok they chew in baseball they smoke tobacco in ball golf and people are always testing positive for drugs and hgh in major sports. Putting a ban on smoking is not gonna make it a publically recognized sport. It will take time look at old videos of baseball you see babe ruth with a fat cigar in his mouth warming up in the on deck circle still made it as a sport and one of the greatest to ever play the sport. In summary time for people to realize it takes skill to play dg not because you took peoples freedom of smoking away. If its legal to smoke you should be able to smoke......p.s. this is from a non-smoker.

Ron Paul, and the big H. aside,

If you're that concerned with smoking outdoors, then there are bigger problems in your life than a ban at a disc golf event.

Will you guys STFU about Ron Paul?

I played in the Ams last year and watched 50% of the field have very agitating rounds. I have NEVER looked forward to the 18th hole in a round, aside from that week. I hated it.

Afterwards, I told myself that I would not play in any more majors. Now, I'm going to use my money elsewhere. The PDGA can frankly kiss my a$$. Sure I'll have to give up a "rating", and an awesome quarterly rag, but this isn't something I want to sign up for.

It seems that the majority, in fact seems to resent the PDGA's decision, not support it. Many non-smokers here are also wondering WTF? When the elections were held, only one person mentioned the smoking ban in their list of stances. How are we supposed to know who supports our voice?

Meh. I'm a drop in the bucket, but it's not a very big bucket.

See you on the course. I'll be the guy having fun.

It's not a debate.

Yea Liberty!

I guess the responsibility of freedom is too much for some people. Just because something is legal doesn't mean everyone will run out and do it.

Yes, thank God there are laws against heroin otherwise we'd all be hopelessly addicted to it right now! :wall:

I can legally smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol and yet I somehow managed to do neither in my 27 years of living.

I don't understand your logic one bit. Just because someone like Ron Paul doesn't think it is right for an authoritarian government to arrest old ladies with cancer who use marijuana to relieve their pain or to SWAT team people who produce raw milk doesn't mean that he wants everyone shooting up with heroin.

He just happens to not be consistent in believing that you have a right to your own body, whether you do bad things to it or not.

Laws can't force good habits, otherwise no one would be addicted to such substances. He actually has compassion and doesn't think you should throw someone into federal prison just because they made a bad decision about what to put into their own body and treat them medically for addiction.

Wow, what a kook!

Latest posts