• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Smoking Ban

Do you Agree with the PDGA ban on smoking at majors?

• Yes

Votes: 67 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 39 36.8%

• Total voters
Bull$hit. Just like people that claim they are allergic to onions when they just don't like them. I understand you don't like cigs, but why lie? Huh? Why? Why lie?

Not lying. It's true I don't like any cigarettes because they smell like crap, but I actually like cigars and pipe tobacco. I'm only allegeric to certain cigarettes, not exactly sure which ones, but I know when I start sneezing uncontrollably. I've never had a reaction to cigars or other tobacco though. I avoided bars here until they banned smoking because I would just sneeze non-stop in that environment.

pen-style-electronic-cigarette-rn4072--1162636651.jpg

I found a lot like this which looked like pens but I know one of my friends has one that is all in a little box.

You should read the whole post...where I covered that

Lol...I forgot public urination is not legal and is banned in all parks, that's why it reads that way to me. Unless there are parks where it is legal to urinate in public?

What about the parks that don't have any restroom/portapotty...what you supposed to do then?

Lol...I forgot public urination is not legal and is banned in all parks, that's why it reads that way to me. Unless there are parks where it is legal to urinate in public?

What about the parks that don't have any restroom/portapotty...what you supposed to do then?

Break the rule because it lacks efficacy.

The little bars displaying the poll numbers at the top look like E-Cigarettes.

Wow this topic really blew up since...yesterday.

I was JUST outside, and some very ninja-like smoke crept up on me, and I breathed in the SMALLEST amount and instantly :gross:

Here's the key sentence in the original link:

The PDGA survey clearly shows that more members agreed with the smoking ban than not.
The dues paying members have spoken. More of their money wants the smoking ban so they're doing it. The hand full of members who attend several of these events don't have the voting power to affect it and apparently smokers are either in favor of the ban or aren't numerous enough to matter. People saying that smoking won't adversely affect the popularity of the sport apparently don't understand what "popular" means. When it comes to popularity the majority is, by definition, right.

Comparing an emerging sport to a well established one doesn't make much sense in this case. Smoking is becoming less and less socially acceptable so it will be tolerated less. Established sports with rules allowing smoking will be able to allow it for a while becasue they already have popularity, but emerging sports won't have that luxury. In other words, established sports will eventually have to abide by what's socially acceptable (and have in the past), but new sports have to be more proactive about it to help increase their popularity. They can't afford to do unpopular things becasue they don't have the established base to support it.

If people aren't happy with the PDGA's decision, they're always free to make it known with their pocketbooks and not give them any money next year. Wish I could do the same regarding my taxes.

If people aren't happy with the PDGA's decision, they're always free to make it known with their pocketbooks and not give them any money next year.

.....or run for the board on a "Pro-Smoking" platform.

:) Read below:

Anybody been paying attention to the news with the MLB:

"The day before game one of the World Series, Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) and other senators are asking Major League Baseball to ban players from using tobacco products at games, especially smokeless or chewing tobacco.

"Tomorrow night, an expected 15 million viewers, including many children, will tune in to watch the first game of the series. Unfortunately, as these young fans root for their favorite team and players, they also will watch their on-field heroes use smokeless tobacco products," wrote Durbin and other senators to MLB executive director Michael Weiner.

"During the upcoming negotiations over the bargaining agreement, we write to ask that the Major League Baseball Players Association agree to a prohibition on the use of all tobacco products at games and on camera at all Major League ballparks. This would send a strong message to young baseball fans, who look toward the players as role models, that tobacco use is not essential to the sport of baseball.""