• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA World Championships 2022

I doubt it. He had just 3 holes earlier landed the island with full "World Title on the line" pressure. Why change up the game plan when you just executed the island shot in almost identical conditions?

Apparently he saw the first place trophy after making his putt on 18 and decided he'd rather have second place.

AG admitted he was trying to park it and avoid the death putt from the wall he had not made all week. He felt he had to birdie 16 in the playoff or Paul would, so he tried to take a little bit off the shot and simply didnt go as planned. Little bit of nerves mixed with an altered game plan.

Makes sense, especially when, all week prior to worlds, he probably practiced just blasting that zone into the back wall at least 20 times and taking the easy 3 maybe 2 if he gets close enough. Tried to execute a shot he never practiced, while Paul went with his typical game plan of getting on the island and I'll make it from anywhere attitude.

Last edited:
Ultiworld Disc Golf/Upshots interview with Kristin about Worlds and other stuff:

https://youtu.be/Rhw56tixmbg

Thanks for linking that. I'm well aware that, for the most part, all we know about these players is what they choose to let us to know. And you can tell Kristin's thinking about what she wants to say (can't blame her).

But she just comes across as very thoughtful, honest, aware, and quite likeable. Excellent command of the English language, as well. Nice to see all the hard work pay off for her!

Quik calc. and it look like 25% of the players missed the island in that last round...so it IS a risky shot.
Is the layup safer/easier? I really dont know but looking at the hole it looks easier/safer.

But did he practice that shot.. maybe not, i do think he practiced the DZ.

Why does it seem safer? You think he practiced laying up on #16?

If you layup, your layup could come up short (from the dock tee now); it IS NOT easy to get close to the drop zone. You're likely 40-60' back of the drop zone and with an angle going across the island WITHOUT the benefit of the wall. As Kristin stated, laying up brings double bogey into play.

Besides if Paul tries to layup, he'll have to throw his second shot first because he'll be short of the DZ. And depending upon where his throw lands, AG could make a percentage play if Paul's approach isn't close enough that it's automatic.

Last edited:
Another thought about 16–maybe some of the landscaping gurus could comment.

With water levels down, it seems like an opportunity to stabilize the island and minimize future erosion. Do a layer of spray concrete between the normal water line and the current low level.

Has the added benefit of being a permanent and explicit OB line.

Remember it's still a golf country club…

Still kinda blown away with the year Ohn Scoggins is having, finishing solo 7th at World's.

... on tracks where distance (not her forte) is an asset.
... noticeably limping at times.

Bonus points for every player saying how much they like being on her on their card.

Still kinda blown away with the year Ohn Scoggins is having, finishing solo 7th at World's.

... on tracks where distance (not her forte) is an asset.
... noticeably limping at times.

Bonus points for every player saying how much they like being on her on their card.

Thinking about her injury (limp) makes her putting performance that much more impressive.

Thinking about her injury (limp) makes her putting performance that much more impressive.

Kristin's arm.
Paul's leg.

I think Ohn was looking for a strategic advantage. :|

Makes sense, especially when, all week prior to worlds, he probably practiced just blasting that zone into the back wall at least 20 times and taking the easy 3 maybe 2 if he gets close enough. Tried to execute a shot he never practiced, while Paul went with his typical game plan of getting on the island and I'll make it from anywhere attitude.

Exactly. He mentioned in his interview by that last round he had lost a little faith in the putter on those 25-30 footers. A little tight, little nervous in the final round. Come playoff time he said he had more faith in the drive than making a 30 foot death putt so he tried to get it closer and get an easy putt.

Kristin stays in bounds. She plays golf instead of the go-for-it version IMO has developed in FPO. PP may have been the first modern version of that type of FPO player (King, Ryan, Handley) but placement and putting will win over power most every time.
Stats for the top 12 FPO players show Europe's avoided OB better America's best. The Euro's averaged 8.3 OB strokes. Our women were nearly double that, averaging 15.6, and that's with Ohn and Missy making it quite a bit more respectable.
(zoom in to see on your phone)
attachment.php

Even more impressive when you consider Henna and Evaliina can bomb, and when not in pain, Kristin's got plenty of distance, too. And for most of the event, Emporia's wind was fairly tame.

Maybe the Euro's make better decisions about when/how hard to step on the gas better? That, and the Euro's came to play!

If either of the young Finns can lock down their putting before their distance falls off much, they could definitely win this title. Henna's Strokes Gained Tee to Green is head and shoulders above everyone else's.

Last edited:
Fun to see Pauls latest video about worlds. . i did not know that Paul and Kristin stayed at the same house during worlds

For some that cannot yet read Jolt's mind. :D

its not THAT hard to search for "paul Mcbeth" on youtube and to find the latest one. . .i´m 50y and can do that so i just asumed most of the people here could do that in their sleep

. .but this vide looked a bit different than the ones Hannah edits. . did he hire a pro to make this video?

Fun to see Pauls latest video about worlds. . i did not know that Paul and Kristin stayed at the same house during worlds

I think the Estonians have shared Airbnb with the McBeths several times on tour this year. At least I know they also did that during Champions Cup. I know Hannah mentioned that on her and Christines podcast The Par Tee after CC.

Also not that hard to search for and find....even for a sleeping 50 years old.....:cool:

touché :)

But i didnt read the expanded description in the video. . and didnt think about who made it until i made the post on this forum. . but sure i could have looked it up.

So Paul made a video on his Worlds. . and won . . .Paiges last year hade a worse ending ;)