• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA World Championships 2022

what hole?

Hole 16.

She let one bleed a few feet OB in the tall grass. Volunteers look for disc and can't find it. She doesn't look for disc. She marks lie where she and the card thought it went out (which was way short). Spotter basically stops her mid approach to tell her it was a lost disc and she gets frustrated with him and explains OB rules.

Something about hole 1 that I hate. I get the risk/reward aspect, but a straight 275ish foot hole (or whatever it is) should NOT be seeing pros carding 6's and 7's. It is just ridiculous. Even some 'layups' go OB. On a hole like this, the premise should be rewarding REALLY good shots, NOT severely punishing mediocre shots.

There is just WAY too much weight being put on one shot, IMHO.

A simple change would be simple hazard rules if you don't land on the island. This rewards the good shot, without over-penalizing a less than perfect shot.

I know all the purists will say, but its great score separation. But does the end justify the means? Is someone taking a 2 really 4 shots better than someone taking a 6?

Good call, I didn't even think of that.

Now that viewership numbers and paying spectators are a fairly large factor now I wonder if that was a fairly large oversight?

Who idea was to hold it during a holiday weekend?

This might be the first time in 10 years of disc golf that I absolutely don't care about Worlds.

Funny thing is I will be driving right through Emporia on Thursday in I35 and have zero intention of stopping to watch even though I have enough time on my roady that theoretically I could spend half a day there...Nah...Hard pass.

Hole 16.

She let one bleed a few feet OB in the tall grass. Volunteers look for disc and can't find it. She doesn't look for disc. She marks lie where she and the card thought it went out (which was way short). Spotter basically stops her mid approach to tell her it was a lost disc and she gets frustrated with him and explains OB rules.

Deservedly so. That is way overstepping the bounds of being a spotter.

Something about hole 1 that I hate. I get the risk/reward aspect, but a straight 275ish foot hole (or whatever it is) should NOT be seeing pros carding 6's and 7's. It is just ridiculous. Even some 'layups' go OB. On a hole like this, the premise should be rewarding REALLY good shots, NOT severely punishing mediocre shots.

There is just WAY too much weight being put on one shot, IMHO.

A simple change would be simple hazard rules if you don't land on the island. This rewards the good shot, without over-penalizing a less than perfect shot.

I know all the purists will say, but its great score separation. But does the end justify the means? Is someone taking a 2 really 4 shots better than someone taking a 6?

I can't stand the hole. I think Eric does a really good job for the most part of coaxing good courses out of land that is not all that great but this one is a big swing and a miss for me.

I can't stand the hole. I think Eric does a really good job for the most part of coaxing good courses out of land that is not all that great but this one is a big swing and a miss for me.
And on cue...lead card goes 3 OB, and one layup. Yeah, great hole. Not sure what Ricky did, but last 3 world champs all went OB on that hole today.

In FPO hole 1 should be a automatic lay up. . .only 4players in the top 30 got a birdy. .but 14 players got a bogey or worse

It may not play very well to a tournament (for some people) but it is an absolute blast of a course to play.

McBeth looks like he has changed his driving form. He no longer is "patting" the disc with his off hand during his run-up. I don't think I've ever noticed him doing that. His form is looking more similar to Chris Dickerson now. Hard to question the 5x World Champion, as I expect him to take 1st or 2nd yet again, but odd timing to make such a change.

Last edited:
I'm looking on udisc live, and can't see who's in first? I can see a bunch of people tied for 2nd at 10 under, but now who is in first place

Latest posts