• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA World Championships 2022

Kona didn't demand anything

Didn´t she? In her first DD video McCabe said "She drew out a number and we worked with her"
And in another video she talked about Kristins contract and that she wanted that number to.

But i´m going to drop it, this subject is to sensitive - -

Didn´t she? In her first DD video McCabe said "She drew out a number and we worked with her"
And in another video she talked about Kristins contract and that she wanted that number to.

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup: It really has nothing to do with World's.

Just hearing Doss continually say how AG has been throwing the exact same hyzer nuke all worlds long is a bit of a problem to me. From watching and hearing comments like that. It seems like this worlds might not be testing the players like a world championships should. I've got nothing against AG but you shouldn't be able to just throw the same shot the whole weekend and just win worlds. The course should force you to show how rounded your game is. Emporia disc golf is not doing that right now.

I that a bottle opener on the top? :gross:

If that's a bottle opener, maybe there's a slot in the top portion of the basket so your cap can drop in the barrel. Every Disc Golfing Sailor I know would want one, including myself :D.

Paul looks frustrated and they talk about his bad putting. . .but he is just two of the lead and he is 100% C1

really? :\

mVj8e1c.jpg

It's not a bottle opener. It's a globe, man! World champ, get it?? Lol.
Those are local b-tier worthy trophies.

Could it be nicer? Sure. But who really cares?
They're playing for the "x."

They field is gonna be littered with players who'd love to put that b-tier worthy thing on their mantle.

Last edited:
Playing ECC on a near perfect weather day and -9 gets you a three stroke lead over the goat?

Who would predict that?

Note, UDISC is still giving Paul the nod at 37% to 33% win chance for AG.

McBeast is within striking distance. When he steps up to the 1st tee tomorrow, the Jaws music is gonna be playing in my head. Can't count Calvin or Matty O. out either.

But yeah, whooda thunk Aaron G. would be sittin' in the cat bird seat right now?
Wonder how he'll sleep tonight.

Last edited:
Historically, sometimes the fancier the individual trophy, the smaller the purse. What they do need to produce is a traveling trophy like they do for annual events in many states where the winner's name gets engraved, but it hasn't been developed for Worlds yet.

No, it's not a sensitive subject...it's just that you just keep whining over and over and over about how Kona shouldn't be getting paid what she is getting.

People are tired of hearing you crying about it after every tournament.:thmbdown:

If the players don't care about getting a trophy, why make one? Or make your 4 year old make one? Looking forward to some one hoisting that on ESPN.

Kinda looks like the trophy creation was hired out to an 'artist' with no disc golf background.

Unrelated: In behind the scenes hot mic commentary on practice rounds, podcasts, etc… AB is speculated to be the longest thrower of the disc (outside a high-wind desert environment). I thought he'd be higher on the list than 12th.

Kinda looks like the trophy creation was hired out to an 'artist' with no disc golf background.

Unrelated: In behind the scenes hot mic commentary on practice rounds, podcasts, etc… AB is speculated to be the longest thrower of the disc (outside a high-wind desert environment). I thought he'd be higher on the list than 12th.

Pretty sure Drew Gibson said that during the Jomez practice round with Paul and Jerm. He said AB throws further than anyone on tour, hands down. Problem is that doesn't equate to consistency, or any other aspect of the game being perfect. He's still young though, give him some time to reign in his game and we'll see him in the hunt for Worlds/USDGC soon.

He's not the best putter which kills him, it's either in or he's 3 putting with his style. He can still crush drives but....

I just watched it for the first time. Is the drop zone the same for MPO and FPO? Last year the drop zone was by the creek and a pretty challenging throw. This year it's ~10' from the island? I'm not sure how anyone is making a 6 or 7 on that. With that DZ, I would never layup. Sure, likely to miss the island, but looks like a 4 should be about the worst case.

The throw from the layup (far side of the creek) is risky.

Drop zone on Jones 1 had I think 1 made putt during DDO because it was so far away people just laid up on the island. Moving it closer gives players incentive to run the putt, but an elevated basket with OB behind it maintains the danger.

Latest posts