• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA WORLD'S in Charlotte 2012

It's nice. Just don't be surprised when he makes you sleep on the futon because he's too lazy to "remake the bed" in the morning. :mad:

tumblr_l8oyyvezNF1qb15o4.png

In! $115 for advanced plus lots of options. Hat size, shirt size, 4 field games at $10 apiece (mini golf, putting, long drive, skillshot), hole sponsorship for $100, flymart table, banquet ticket for $25, etc.

You must have passed the PDGA officials test and have a current PDGA membership to register.

(mini golf, putting, long drive, skillshot), banquet ticket for $25, etc.

Can anyone with more experience add some details about these events? There was no detail/explanation during sign up. When is the banquet? Who typically attends and what kind of stuff goes on? When do the field games typically occur?

Can anyone with more experience add some details about these events? There was no detail/explanation during sign up. When is the banquet? Who typically attends and what kind of stuff goes on? When do the field games typically occur?

Yeah, I was a bt tentative there. Assume its possible to enter the skill competitions later, if I figure out I want to.

Just saw that Invitees need to be PDGA current (duh) and be a certified official. Is this a requirement of everyone or just the invitees?

All players in NTs and Worlds must pass the official's exam. I'd find the rule somewhere, but I'm too lazy drunk.

All players in NTs and Worlds must pass the official's exam. I'd find the rule somewhere, but I'm too lazy drunk.

http://www.pdga.com/rules/3-1-general

"
E. All players will be required to take and pass an online tournament rules assessment test before being able to compete in any Elite Series/National Tour or Major PDGA sanctioned event. This test will be based upon the PDGA Official Rules of Disc Golf and the PDGA Competition Manual.
"

Worlds is a Major event - to make that clear. :)
http://www.pdga.com/pdga-major-events

Just signed up for Advanced!

The last 2 years I skipped most of the extra-curricular stuff and probably will again in favor of practicing Adv courses or playing some of the Pro ones.

Want to Play, may never get to.....Understand the ropes but still will make an attempt

If you are a fan, it is well worth it to go play Winthrop Gold, even without the ropes.

All the tees and baskets are in position (with the exception of #6 not being on the beach). The concrete and the lake and the fences are all still there. Sure, the rope is missing, but who cares? Imagine the rope is there, and then imagine it even tighter, and at that point you've almost imagined it as tight as it really is. The course is actually a lot more "fun" to play without the rope, and still a good challenge for anyone <970ish.

But the most important thing: Get a map! Or a guide. Or both. The course isn't un-marked, it is MARKED WRONG. It is pretty-much impossible to play the correct holes in the correct order without a thorough understanding of the map.

Banquet is on 7/18 at the Blake

Field games are at Renny on 7/15

Wonder when we can see who signed up on the event result page.

I did officials exam in May last year... didn't tell me I needed to do it again. Hope it lasts a year and I don't need it to sign up for this event.

Wonder when we can see who signed up on the event result page.

I did officials exam in May last year... didn't tell me I needed to do it again. Hope it lasts a year and I don't need it to sign up for this event.

i believe its good for 2 years from the date you took it

Latest posts