• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA's New Disciplinary Process

Thank you for that, Jugular.

I should try to remember that in the current climate, both in here and in the world generally, we aren't allowed the luxury of vague defenses of our stupid opinions.

Freely stipulated: I don't always achieve the level of precision with language that I'm going for. I blame television. And Hilary, of course, because everything is her fault. :\

ah right, it's just a fake advantage. I got you now! :doh:

ah right, it's just a fake advantage. I got you now! :doh:

Careful with that head, sir. Precious cargo contained within.

Not sure if I need to say it differently, but here goes:

I am very sorry, Robdeforge, for being careless. I really did not think of any advantage at all to missing the marked lie by an inch or two one way or the other. When it was pointed out to me that there is an advantage in not thinking about the lie, it put a whole new spin on it for me.
I could have spent a little time trying to explain that I DO think about the mark, even though I don't care to look at the success or failure rate of others to stay within the proscribed distance. I could have said a bunch of stuff about how intent is such a huge part of any infraction, be it in our game, or in societal norms; and that the key phrase in those Rules, in my estimation, is "willful or purposeful circumvention."
I could have gone on for two or three paragraphs, easy.

But I was lazy. Or pressed for time. Sometimes, the former is an inference resulting from the latter. I hope I have made it a bit clearer, so that you and I may continue in our fellowship without rancor. Or something.

In any case, I remain,

apologetically yours,

and your humble servant,

=ER=

If the committee members' identities are not publicly known that's bad operations and a bad look. A secret cabal should not be making disciplinary decisions. The PDGA really makes me scratch my head sometimes.

I could have said a bunch of stuff about how intent is such a huge part of any infraction, be it in our game, or in societal norms; and that the key phrase in those Rules, in my estimation, is "willful or purposeful circumvention."

that is just referring to player misconduct. you don't apply that standard of intent to calling each and every rule violation. :thmbup:

that is just referring to player misconduct. you don't apply that standard of intent to calling each and every rule violation. :thmbup:

But...but...if the verbiage is "willful or purposeful circumvention of the rules," it's ALL about the intent. And as it applies to a silly foot fault, I feel like I can go ahead and shut my pie-hole now.

Y'all have an excellent day!

Discussions like this reinforce my interest in stand and deliver.

I'm sure you also don't support blocking in football, since people hold, defense in basketball, since people foul and passing in hockey since people pass illegally.

Team sports with referees, not self policing individual activities. Apples to cumquats.

You are right.

I forgot that stand and deliver would cure it all. There's no chance anyone would ever have a falling putt, not place their foot correctly not accidentally hit their disc on release.

You are right.

I forgot that stand and deliver would cure it all. There's no chance anyone would ever have a falling putt, not place their foot correctly not accidentally hit their disc on release.

That's not the point. Time and time again people boast of their apathy in regards to opponents foot faulting. Far too few people want to be "that guy" to their card mates. But whatever. I just made a flippant comment mostly in response to how dull I find foot fault discussions. Of course, by doing so, I've been drawn into a dull foot fault discussion. This all could have been avoided if we had stand and deliver.

I'll leave my two cents on the counter.

But...but...if the verbiage is "willful or purposeful circumvention of the rules," it's ALL about the intent. And as it applies to a silly foot fault, I feel like I can go ahead and shut my pie-hole now.

Y'all have an excellent day!

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. "willful or purposeful circumvention of the rules" does not need to happen to call a stance violation, out of bounds, courtesy violation, etc. If you break the rules, you get called on it, and receive either a penalty stroke or warning.

IF you break the rules on purpose, you can be disqualified from the tournament.

you have an excellent day too!

Latest posts