• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] PDX

They really could have called it the DDx since its as close to a DD as it is a PD. DDx may have actually made more sense.

I think they called it a PDx because they built it from the PD as their base. I think if it were the DDx, it would be faster than than DD. But since it's not, it wouldn't really be an x.

I don't recall specifically, but I remember reading that the PDx was made to fill a niche left by first run PDs being harder to find.

...also, for some reason, my browser didn't tell me there were ten more pages, so this is certainly LTTP.

Would be surprised if his first run PD stock dried up that quick - but very cool! What a marketing dream it would be if he hit an ace during the DGWT with the DGWT exclusive mold. I hope they produced extras for sale :)

Is he still throwing Teebirds? I bet PDx's will work better with them than PD's...more separation.

Is there a stock run of these yet? I haven't kept up with the thread.

He said he had 2 PDXs which kicked out PDs, 2 TB3s which kicked out TBs, 2 monsters which kicked out FBs, and still had two thunderbirds, 8 destroyers, 6 roc3s, and 2 mako3s.

He said he had 2 PDXs which kicked out PDs, 2 TB3s which kicked out TBs, 2 monsters which kicked out FBs, and still had two thunderbirds, 8 destroyers, 6 roc3s, and 2 mako3s.

Surprised he stuck with the Monsters.

Last edited:
Nah, thunderbirds are definitely more overstable and noticeably faster. I have a metal flake TB3. A TB3 is more like a slightly worn TB with slight turn which is very easy to throw dead straight and a thunderbird is more like an overstable Brinster TB you know? What I think is cool is the progression he has now from TB3 to thunderbird to PDX. A big increase in speed and overstability each time. I know a lot of people consider a PD or especially a PDX a "driver" but Paul considers them fairways.

Knowing what Paul throws is cool. But throwing 500' would make it more relatable. So, I'm out :p

I'm guessing. Pdx is faster, more OS than pd. but not as much as pd2?

Knowing what Paul throws is cool. But throwing 500' would make it more relatable. So, I'm out :p

That's the word on the street. Hopefully a production run will emerge soon so I can justify buying a couple.

just gotta make this joke:
PDX will fly most anywhere in Portland
;)

Any news on when this mold will go into regular production? After reading the review on AllThingsDiscGolf I am really excited to give this one a shot for my WraithOS slot. Not really looking to move away from my Crush but I'd like to field test this one for sure. I guess any excuse to make my bag more mixed than it already is.

anyone bagging the PDx regularly? I've thrown it for some casual rounds, haven't tested it out a ton. It's pretty damn beefy, my first run PDs (not max weight) weren't even this beefy.

If that's what these are, they would be too close to a firebird for me. My CPD is already my go to overstable disc, I don't have a cannon but I'm not a noodle arm either. I couldn't imagine needing a more overstable CPD, especially since I have a scythe and xxx for those kind of shots.