• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] PDX

Lol it looks like he bombed it pretty stinking far. I don't know what kind of power you have but I'm sure I wouldn't see that kind of turn

That throw was around 140 meters, so 450-460 feet.

the swedish national tour champion can assuredly throw some booming drives. disc looks and sounds plenty overstable to me. by more stable pd, do you mean less overstable?

I mean that it's a more overstable version of the PD. It flies farther and faster aswell.

yeah that sure doesnt look like 0 turn. but, for my meager arm, that is actually good news.

I don't know if I got a freak or something, but I hoped that it would be more OS. I'll try out some other PDX's aswell to see if there's any difference.

That vid is Not too promising on the flight for me,I didn't think it would have much if any turn. Especially in a right to left wind

I threw it on a hyzer and it flipped up and flew far. But as you say, I didn't think it would turn that much either. But maybe I got a freak or something. I'll try out other PDX's aswell.

Thanks for the clarification, hagman, very helpful! Give that I'd probably be throwing it in the 350 - 375 range as a control driver, I'd guess it would have 0 turn for me, but you never know until you try one I suppose. Given how hard that fade was in the video, I'm guessing these would actually make great discs for big flex lines.

For anybody worried about the stability of it, don't. Unless you have 450+ worth of power, this thing will have the 0 turn. I let a kid throw it yesterday that can throw in the 400-450 range and he even stated he was surprised by it's ability to hold into a headwind. I usually throw in the 375-400 range and this thing has plenty of stability. Will be a great control driver for most.

I am waiting on my X-Outs to get here so I can try one with the flashing removed to see how much that affects the flight.

wait these things are 40$.....? Ill pass

The World Tour fundraiser version was $20 each when they were in stock (https://store.discmania.net/index.php/dgwt-cline-pdx.html). Looks like they've put out a few stamped "prototype" and are charging $40 each, which I agree is ridiculous, although I'm sure they'll find a few people to buy them (which is all they need since they only have 12 in stock).

Lol I guess I didn't really pay attention to it embeing a big rip,I just saw the turn and was more focused on why that happened. Sounds like I'll be pretty happy with these then. I can probably get some good use out of these

threw one around yesterday. I dont have a big arm, but even for me this was more a controllable stable disc that you can shape lines with (i.e. it will not come out of an anhyzer immediately like some really OS discs do) rather than a OS hog. Nice disc, gorgeous plastic, but no business trying to get into the bag. I have discs already for this :)

The World Tour fundraiser version was $20 each when they were in stock (https://store.discmania.net/index.php/dgwt-cline-pdx.html). Looks like they've put out a few stamped "prototype" and are charging $40 each, which I agree is ridiculous, although I'm sure they'll find a few people to buy them (which is all they need since they only have 12 in stock).

They started with 24 in stock, easy pay day for them! They even sold out of the $50 dollar first run PD2's they just had laying around a couple months ago. Luckily the Discmania collectors market keeps the value on discs pretty low, except second run FD's. I am thankful we haven't pulled a Legacy collector market and hyper inflated any limited release. I guarantee you can pick up a proto 25-30 shipped a in couple weeks once someone realizes they spent too much :D

Anyone notice how incredibly similiar these are to Sexton DD's? Makes me think they just molded them up in Jolly Launcher and put PDX on them.

Attachments

• Attach3279_20151231_171223.jpg
    Attach3279_20151231_171223.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 108
It's not the greatest angle for comparison. But they do look similar?

Wouldn't be surprised, either.

Got my X-out in today, ordered a pink one and it ended up being almost ice clear. Plastic feels amazing and really feels like a pd in the hand. If you guys don't like yours send me a pm and I'll take one off your hands :) Also, my x-out had a prototype stamp, anyone get one like that?

After wearing down the flashing and getting a chance to throw it on different lines on the course, the PDX has made it into my bag for the time being. I found that the extra speed makes it long enough to make it useful on several holes that I've been unsure of whether to power up a PD/control driver or risk sending a high speed distance driver too far in the past. It has a nice flight path, I'm definitely getting the 0 turn at my 385ish feet of power, still has a more pronounced fade than my PDs.

As far as the PDX/Sexton DD comparison, I can't say whether they're the same disc or not, but I can't really see the PDX being run in anything besides the C line plastic. Any other plastic would wear in to something that overlaps too much with the DD for it to make any sense for Discmania to feature both in their production lineup. But hey, I could be wrong and the name alone or the idea of an all PD driver family could be appealing enough to players to make both molds profitable.

It's not the greatest angle for comparison. But they do look similar?

Wouldn't be surprised, either.

I threw them side by side today, I took the flashing off the PDX and it throws almost identical. I spoke with the Discmania rep and he insists they aren't the same mold. Either way I love the flight and they make perfect back ups for my purple Sexton DD's.

Like it!

I throw 450 to 500 on a good day and I tested this on a cold(35) not windy day.

When I rip this thing full power with an 8 o clock hyzer for me it pops to flat turns a tiny bit gets plenty of distance and fades out.

On higher lines I got a really nice hyzer finish and skip. On lower lines it tended to sit down softer and not skip too far to the left.

Really enjoy this disc especially on low power lines. I was getting between 375-425 with this very consistently.

I do not think it will make the bag as I don't know if theres much of a gap between my felon/pd/thunderbirds and my destroyers/pd2s but nothing against this disc I just have a system that works for me.

Can't say that I've thrown a sexton dd but I can say this is a great long stable driver

I have a JL C-DD (crush stamp) and that thing is seriously overstable. its my longer firebird. PDX is more mellow but still plenty stable at my power. I also have a FR SDD in the bag and playing around with a G-DD too so I am pretty much set. Also dont want to bag another rare.expensive disc.

My 2 cents to the JL DD business.

Latest posts