• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Penned *CM what is it?

jfurbs

So a friend of mine received an Innova Mid Range, team stamped disc with Nates Signature at a raffle.
He's not sure what it is and I haven't been able to help much.
The bottom was penned *CM
I only saw it very briefly but felt Roc-ish. Seemed like a mix between a Roc and a Rocamonga I got years ago in a player pack.
I'm at a loss, and the disc code was not on innova's website
Thanks!

Why did the Commander die off so quick again?

I picked one up to try. Its a weird disc. Very wide diameter - Fast than a mid - Funky shape.

It was OS, but more like a speed 6 disc, it was fast, but Glidey? and really OS. it was weird, like it has a parachute attached when you throw it cuz its so wide and kinda domey.

I has a fine flight but wasn't the most comfortable disc and there are so many other more comfortable discs and popular discs that it was overshadowed. I owned it and sold it after trying it out for a few rounds .

Because it doesn't have Roc in its name. It was also only available on the Hyzerbomb website for a while (not sure if it ever popped up anywhere else).

They had them at the Innova Proshop. Dunno if they still do.

The Commander was a disc I passed on trying. It appears to be a disc that is a solution in search of a problem to solve. I never heard anything really positive about it, and I don't know of any pros that carry it. It was a swing-and-a-whiff for Innova.

The Commander was a disc I passed on trying. It appears to be a disc that is a solution in search of a problem to solve. I never heard anything really positive about it, and I don't know of any pros that carry it. It was a swing-and-a-whiff for Innova.

Not in the Innova Factory outlet.

Because it doesn't have Roc in its name. It was also only available on the Hyzerbomb website for a while (not sure if it ever popped up anywhere else).

I remember in 2016 it being on the Innova Factory Store. It was in the part of Limited Release discs and only in the one plastic it was made in. Disc was supposed to be a disc for Armed forces Charity places, portion of the sales go there but the disc was so unusual and a bad seller they put it with the other discs, they had too many to sell and right now if you want one Disc Golf Center online has I think the last 13 of them for sale still. They bought out the rest of Innova's stock. They will sit there till somebody hordes the disc due to it's price gone way up. Also Hard to get the Zephyr and Disc Golf Center has a feeling the disc might be going oop.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68847&page=125 #1243 post.

Wow SD, you actually managed to pass up ordering a disc to try out, and even you can't figure out a slot for it if you had tried it, so it must be a really useless disc then.

Wow SD, you actually managed to pass up ordering a disc to try out, and even you can't figure out a slot for it if you had tried it, so it must be a really useless disc then.

I was going to try the disc but it felt so off in my hand that I passed. I thought it would be a more disc golf like Condor but I was wrong from that dud. Others that Innova made that were duds were the Foxbat also only the last few on Disc Golf Center.

Yep. Don't rush out to that briar patch to buy one...

I was going to try the disc but it felt so off in my hand that I passed. I thought it would be a more disc golf like Condor but I was wrong from that dud. Others that Innova made that were duds were the Foxbat also only the last few on Disc Golf Center.

The Foxbat is not a bad disc, especially for beginners. It's fun to throw. It just doesn't do well in the wind.

Yep. Don't rush out to that briar patch to buy one...

The Foxbat is not a bad disc, especially for beginners. It's fun to throw. It just doesn't do well in the wind.

When you live in South Dakota, Northern Plains you have nothing but wind. So if the lowest you have is regularly 5-10 mph then the disc in a no go. Reason why I stopped using the Stingray last year.

When you live in South Dakota, Northern Plains you have nothing but wind. So if the lowest you have is regularly 5-10 mph then the disc in a no go. Reason why I stopped using the Stingray last year.

Agreed. On wooded courses in North Georgia, shielded from the wind, the Foxbat is good. The Plains States? Mebbe not so much...

Not in the Innova Factory outlet.

https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/star-commander.html

Latest posts