• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Perfect Round Disc Golf - Available on Steam Early Access March 12th

rorlick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIIoH6LS0iM

Well it took about a year longer than I initially thought, but the day is almost here. I'm pressing the button to release Perfect Round Disc Golf on Steam on March 12th!

I've been working on this game myself for nearly 2 years, and while it is still a beta in some respects I think it offers a fun value proposition and I'm stoked to finally get some wide feedback. The game will be in Early Access for approximately a year. At launch it will be singleplayer with 5 courses and real DGA equipment, and over the course of early access I plan to add local multiplayer plus more courses and characters. Along with bug fixing and quality of life changes as I receive feedback.

Thanks for reading! If you want to follow the game's development please wishlist on steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1029570/Perfect_Round_Disc_Golf/

Thanks!
Rob

Is it bad I have no idea what stream even is? I mean....I stream stuff on a Roku stick....and I often throw frisbees into a stream...but I don't think it's the same.

Is it bad I have no idea what stream even is? I mean....I stream stuff on a Roku stick....and I often throw frisbees into a stream...but I don't think it's the same.

Steam, not stream lol ;)

It's probably bigger then what I think it is. But when I upgraded my computer it would no longer play civ 4 from a CD so I had to go buy it from Steam.

They sell games, probably more then that but idk.

Steam, not stream lol ;)

It's probably bigger then what I think it is. But when I upgraded my computer it would no longer play civ 4 from a CD so I had to go buy it from Steam.

They sell games, probably more then that but idk.

Oh wow...and I even pride myself on my reading comprehension skills lol

Either way, doesn't matter. Never heard of it either way haha

If you're unfamiliar with it, think of Steam like a Nintendo system, only on the computer. It's a platform that hosts thousands of games you can purchase and play.

I'll check it out on the 12th, Rorlick. I play a couple of games via Steam with my kids already, so I'll wishlist it when I get home.

Took a look at the video and I still think the developers of these games (2 now that look similar) are making mistakes of trying to make it look "real". If I want real disc golf I'll go out and play it. If I want to play disc golf on my computer or gaming device, I'd like something a bit more fun looking, super easy to play, etc, maybe something my family who doesn't play the real game wouldn't mind playing once in a while, etc. None of my extended family golf or goes bowling, but we all enjoy playing the Mario golf, bowling games once in a while for example.

I like that it makes use of 3-click, and the putting animations look pretty good in the trailer. Those throws from off the tee, not sure what I was looking at there...those funky arm animations need work.

Stoked to give it a try, happy to support a DGer making neat DG stuff happen. A ton of work for one person too! Best of luck.

Took a look at the video and I still think the developers of these games (2 now that look similar) are making mistakes of trying to make it look "real". If I want real disc golf I'll go out and play it. If I want to play disc golf on my computer or gaming device, I'd like something a bit more fun looking, super easy to play, etc, maybe something my family who doesn't play the real game wouldn't mind playing once in a while, etc. None of my extended family golf or goes bowling, but we all enjoy playing the Mario golf, bowling games once in a while for example.

That was my idea when I started making this, I was playing a lot of Hot Shots Golf with my girlfriend, who is not a gamer, but the game was easy enough to play and fun enough that she enjoyed it. From there I realized I wanted a disc golf version of Hot Shots. After Early Access launch I will start working on local multiplayer, and from there do something like Slot Mode from Everybody's Golf where the trailing player gets power-ups randomly each hole, balancing the playing field against less experienced players.

I like that it makes use of 3-click, and the putting animations look pretty good in the trailer. Those throws from off the tee, not sure what I was looking at there...those funky arm animations need work.

Stoked to give it a try, happy to support a DGer making neat DG stuff happen. A ton of work for one person too! Best of luck.

Thanks! The animations are actually motion captures of me, using my Xbox One Kinect. If I make some money to invest in the game there are much better solutions out there I could purchase, including some where I could get different players(pros??) swings mocapped much smoother.

Looks like fun. Hoping my old computer with a GTX770 can run it. I tried playing the Tree Ind. one and my computer still hasn't forgiven me...

I have a working graphics options menu, so it should be fine at lower settings. I am setting up a discord where I can get feedback once it launches so definitely let me know if you have problems

Animations look a bit wooden but i will definitly keep it on my wishlist and follow your progress. It's about time that we have a new disc golf game. The last playable one was in "Sports Champions" released right at the release of the PS3.

Latest posts