• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pet Peeves

Nemmers

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I haven't been playing very long and Lord knows there's very little about me or my game worth bragging about, but I'm nothing if not considerate.

DG is a great game....and one worth enjoying. I have no qualms whatever about guys on the course taking their time to get every shot right, make every put count, and work their tails off to make their game tip-top. Be you. Do what you do, brother, and tweak that game into a National Championship.

However....

What I absolutely HATE is dudes who have NO consideration for other people. For example, today I was playing The Castle with three of my buddies. We were a foursome and apparently the twosome in front of us started on the back 9. Slow on 10....okay. Might be a bad hole. But no! We're waiting at 11 and they're literally 25 feet in front of the tee-box throwing TWO DISCS EACH. No "Hey, y'all go ahead" or, "Feel free to play through." Just looked back (no courtesy wave even) and then WENT TO FIND THEIR DISCS. Didn't even know where they threw them.

This went on until 17. My foursome waited on every single hole for those two doucherockets. Finally on 17 we're waiting. After five minutes one of them walks out of the woods and says, "You can play through...we're looking for a disc."

As I walked up to my drive I saw the douche who didn't have a beard mad-dogging us seeming to expect us to offer to help find his boyfriend's disc. Nothin' doin', son. F#@! yo couch. Walked on like the Man in Black and birdied that bad boy like it was my job.

I guess the point to this post that I took the scenic route to is that I hate inconsiderate people. If you're slow and people are constantly waiting on you, let 'em play through. Doesn't matter if they have more people....if they're playing faster, stand aside and let 'em go.

That's my pet peeve: Inconsiderance. And yes, I just made that word up. What's yours?

Yes! A pet peeves thread!

I miss Prerube. :p

A huge pet peeve of mine is being thrown on, especially without yelling "fore."

As I walked up to my drive I saw the douche who didn't have a beard mad-dogging us seeming to expect us to offer to help find his boyfriend's disc. Nothin' doin', son. F#@! yo couch. Walked on like the Man in Black and birdied that bad boy like it was my job.

Hahaha. Well said, sir. Were they new players, by chance? Maybe they didn't know to let you play through?

Pretty common issue we all are forced to deal with. Lots of patience, some good sportsmanship and a healthy dose of friendly communication seems to solve nearly all these type deals. Once in a great while you will come across an honest to goodness knucklehead, but hey they are all around, right? When this happens, employ the"acknowledge and move along" philosophy. If they are really dbags, you are not going to reach them anyway. We are all out for a good time, my take is try to help everyone achieve that goal.

I'm sure many people will agree but...
When people say they can throw WAY farther than they actually can. :mad:

Yes! A pet peeves thread!

I miss Prerube. :p

A huge pet peeve of mine is being thrown on, especially without yelling "fore."

Funny you say that.

One of the guys in my group threw on the group in front of us at #1. It was his third time playing ever and, with the basket a few hundred feet ahead with more trees in the way to make an incident not only improbable but downright unbelievable, we told him to throw. Being a softball-playing, homerun-hitting machine, he's got some power....we just didn't figure he'd get as lucky as he did. Handicap-parked that B five feet from the basket whilst the group in front was still putting. His bad. I claim no responsibility. I don't even know that guy. :doh:

At any rate, props to the guy in front playing with his wife and daughter for throwing up the field-goal-good arms and acting harder than Clinton's Johnson in the Oval Office. We apologized for our rudeness, as we should have. Playing into people without permission is douche-y.

Hahaha. Well said, sir. Were they new players, by chance? Maybe they didn't know to let you play through?

Don't know. It's possible, I guess. I just figured that letting faster groups play through was common knowledge. But then, I'm in the Navy; "common" sense isn't so common.

#jaded

I refuse to keep peeves as pets, they just don't have the redeeming qualities that cats and dogs do.

To the OP...Sometimes people just have to learn the hard way. You see, I throw by myself a lot, so I run into this problem quite frequently. Maybe they don't know to let people throw through, maybe their just being jerks. But with me.... If I'm on your tail and you don't ask if I wanna play through, you have about a 3 or 4 hole leeway until I'm throwing down on you. If that makes me a douche...oh well.

People that don't see the value in gaining distance
People who tell me to work on my putting

And of course, people who post in pet peeve threads.

It always amazes me how few people are willing to just ask to play through. Not everybody was introduced to the sport by someone with good etiquette. All it usually takes is a friendly "mind if we play through?" to solve that issue for me, and it's way easier on my blood pressure than sitting behind them for half the course getting angry.

I can throw way farther,but I actually can.True Story. Sorry had to say it. :D

But there are some people who are absoloutely ridiculous. I saw a kid on youtube who said he threw on average about 500ft.
And other people you can just tell.

All it usually takes is a friendly "mind if we play through?" to solve that issue for me

In my experience, here, it takes something other than that. I'm not sure what, though.

I AM glad that it works well for you! But likewise, I found my solution that makes rounds much more enjoyable for me.

My pet peeve is lack of tact and class in a tournament. All the time really but especially in tourneys.

Had two issues with guys last week in a tourny. One was on my card in advanced. Dude kept missing putts and it started with cussing and talking down to us on his card. Then it all came to a head when he missed a putt on the second to last hole. He took his putter, spiked it into the ground, threw a fit then walked across an adjacent parking lot and put it in the porta potty that was there. The dude was a few years older than me and a more pronounced golfer in our area. On the last hole I told him to grow up and take the good with the bad. He really freaked out and walked off the course.

Another pet peeve is disc selection. Specifically when bad players have super expensive or super rare discs. No need to have a ce teebird and only throw it for like 250ft short drives.

Another pet peeve is disc selection. Specifically when bad players have super expensive or super rare discs. No need to have a ce teebird and only throw it for like 250ft short drives.

Maybe they like the way it feels in their hand? Maybe they just throw it better than their other drivers? Maybe it was a gift? I'm not sure why something like this would be a pet peeve for you. Why do you care what "bad" players (there are no bad players) carry? Are you simply envious that you don't have the same cash flow? What others are throwing should have zero effect on your game. I actually sort of feel sorry for you that this kind of thing bothers you.

My biggest pet peeve in this sport is listening to people complain about the less talented players regarding their discs, time of play, how silly they look, etc. Newer players are vital to the advancement and recognition of the sport. This is supposed to be a game for everyone. Derogatory speaking about lesser players will only discourage them from wanting to play the leagues and tournaments that your course depends on for the finances for course improvement. At some point you were just getting started too, and at some point someone made a decision to either ridicule you for not being as good as them, or they gave you a few pro tips that made you the player you are now. Sorry about your penis bro, but be nice or go away.

Latest posts