• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pet Peeves

It was meant as a funny pet peeve that someone throws such a old and rare disc for such a simple shot that almost any disc could do. I dont understand how that is putting down a player. chill.

I suck and I know it. I've only been playing a few months. I am sure there are people who talk trash about pretty sunsets who talk trash on me- but if they said it to me, I'd just ask what they think I could do to improve more rapidly. I would invite them to come out to the field with me to throw, teach me their skillset, give me encouragement. I would kill them with love.

If they still wanted to be dicks, that's completely out of my control. I play a lot, and have gotten better than I used to be, and plan on getting to be better than I am today. But crappy people are just crappy people- I don't care what they have to say about my disc golf talent. I have a lot of other skill sets that I would blow them out of the water, I am confident in myself and know I will improve over time- once I learn the muscle memory, understand my discs better, and begin to gain confidence (especially in putting) I will gain ground on them.

My biggest pet peeve is trash on the course. If you brought it on, take it off. There is no reason for bottles to be all over the course. I want to keep the sport free, but if I had to pay $5 for a clean course as opposed to playing a landfill I would do it in a heartbeat.

My biggest pet peeve is people with a DGCR Number right around 37643.

I suck and I know it. I've only been playing a few months. I am sure there are people who talk trash about pretty sunsets who talk trash on me- but if they said it to me, I'd just ask what they think I could do to improve more rapidly. I would invite them to come out to the field with me to throw, teach me their skillset, give me encouragement. I would kill them with love.

If they still wanted to be dicks, that's completely out of my control. I play a lot, and have gotten better than I used to be, and plan on getting to be better than I am today. But crappy people are just crappy people- I don't care what they have to say about my disc golf talent. I have a lot of other skill sets that I would blow them out of the water, I am confident in myself and know I will improve over time- once I learn the muscle memory, understand my discs better, and begin to gain confidence (especially in putting) I will gain ground on them.

My biggest pet peeve is trash on the course. If you brought it on, take it off. There is no reason for bottles to be all over the course. I want to keep the sport free, but if I had to pay $5 for a clean course as opposed to playing a landfill I would do it in a heartbeat.

Good attitude sir. Keep up the good work!

My biggest pet peeve is people with a DGCR Number right around 37643.

I truly dont understand you guys. If i had worded it differently you guys wouldnt say anything.
Let me reword myself "I think it is funny when some people have super rare super nice discs and dont use them to their full potential."
I'm sorry for offending anyone, it wasnt meant to hurt anyone's feelings or put anyone down.

My biggest pet peeve is trash on the course.

I'll actually take this a bit farther. My biggest real pet peeve is people not respecting the course in general. Here's a few of the things that have driven me nuts over my years of playing:

1. After having just installed new, beautiful signs on our home course, I went to walk the course the next day and someone pulled on of the signs out and drug it halfway down the fairway and left it. They got to it before the concrete dried.

2. Park goers see the course and think "0o perfect place to walk my dog......unleashed......starting at the last hole and working my way backward, taking extra special care to walk around all the doglegs right when the players are trying to tee off." Even had a guy tell his dog "Get the frisbee" once.

3. A group of youngsters one night felt that the basket was the perfect place to have their raging drunken bonfire.

4. Snowmobiles

5. Then, of course, trash. Even when there's ample receptacles.

To the OP...Sometimes people just have to learn the hard way. You see, I throw by myself a lot, so I run into this problem quite frequently. Maybe they don't know to let people throw through, maybe their just being jerks. But with me.... If I'm on your tail and you don't ask if I wanna play through, you have about a 3 or 4 hole leeway until I'm throwing down on you. If that makes me a douche...oh well.

Not letting people play through= dbag
Throwing down on players= dbag
No difference....wait, you know better, big difference. :wall:

Originally Posted by Darth Anovin View Post
To the OP...Sometimes people just have to learn the hard way. You see, I throw by myself a lot, so I run into this problem quite frequently. Maybe they don't know to let people throw through, maybe their just being jerks. But with me.... If I'm on your tail and you don't ask if I wanna play through, you have about a 3 or 4 hole leeway until I'm throwing down on you. If that makes me a douche...oh well.

uuuuuuh...

be a big boy and use your words. if you are within speaking distance, you can always ask.

We have non cemented in benches at my course and it is so annoying because people always move them around on the course, whether its farther away even sometimes facing the opposite direction of the hole, it is just annoying.

1. People who have to bend the rules or over enforce them/cheat just so they can win.

2. People behind me who beach when I wait for someone to get totally off the hole before I throw (they assume I cant reach the basket in 1 throw, then I shove it in their face)

3. The word Frolf

4. People on Facebook who this that their stock discs are worth a million dollars

5. When Im playing by myself and the group in front of me decides to all throw more than one disc while I wait for them on every hole.

6. People who think they can throw far

7. People who think expensive discs will make them a better player

8. Lastly, rec players who try to help someone in their disc selection and form yet cant take their own advice and make themselves a better player.

Trash: Both of the human variety & garbage variety

Graffiti: What's that,you got an ace? Well, good for you, sign the disc that belongs to you, not the tee post or basket.

Poor Etiquette: From casuals & pros alike

Tree Vandalism: ok, you threw a bad shot, or maybe you just suck. That has to be the tree's fault, right?

Homers: league players that seem to think they own the course because they play there everyday. People that practice putting on a live basket while you're playing the hole

2. People behind me who beach when I wait for someone to get totally off the hole before I throw (they assume I cant reach the basket in 1 throw, then I shove it in their face)

haha; this. i like to pick up with random people while i'm playing. usually i throw 2-3 rounds at a time and it gets boring by yourself eventually, so hooking up with people to chat with is fun.

then you get to a hole and there's an awkward silence as they wait for you to tee off . . . but you won't because you don't want to hit someone . . . and they start to talk about how you must really be confident in your cannon (i don't have a cannon).

1. People who have to bend the rules or over enforce them/cheat just so they can win.

3. The word Frolf

4. People on Facebook who this that their stock discs are worth a million dollars

5. When Im playing by myself and the group in front of me decides to all throw more than one disc while I wait for them on every hole.

6. People who think they can throw far

7. People who think expensive discs will make them a better player

8. Lastly, rec players who try to help someone in their disc selection and form yet cant take their own advice and make themselves a better player.

/thread

When you play with some one you don't normally play with, and you have one weird drive or a goofy approach shot. Then they start trying give you advice the whole rest of the round. And when you start playing like you usually do they start acting like it was because of their advice. Nothing pisses me off more than hearing " low and snappy" after missing big on a 50' approach.

Also the word frolf, especially when it's someone your playing with.

Gonna get some heat for this but:
#1 people with obnoxiously long putting/throwing routines... Just throw the dang thing already!
#2 TDs that have terrible payouts
#3 that guy that has an excuse for every bad shot...no you didnt slip you just f'd up

Latest posts