• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Peter's Vacation itinerary week of April 26 - May 4

Peter S

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Day 1 Saturday 4/26) drive from home Ft. Lauderdale Fl area to Sarasota to play Lakeview park. May stop & play in Tampa area if time permits. 22nd St. park or Floral park as we head to our cabin in the woods (Chiefland, Fl).

Day 2 Sunday 4/27) Drive to Jacksonville to meet friends & play Four Palms & Springfield DGC. back home to cabin in woods.

Day 3 Monday 4/28) Live Oak, Fl. Magnolia & Heritage Park & Gardens DGC.

Day 4 Tues 4/29) Blue Angel park Pensacola, Fl (weather permitting)
rest, mow grass at the cabin if rain. Jonesville is close to the cabin if it clears up.

Day 5 Wednesday 4/30) Drive to hotel room in Augusta, Ga. May stop to play somewhere in Atlanta on the way weather permitting.

Day 6 Thursday 5/1) Hippodrome N. Augusta, SC & Pendleton King Augusta, GA.

Day 7 Friday 5/2) The highlight of the trip!!! IDGC in Appling, GA. All 3 courses all day Friday!!!

Day 8 Saturday 5/3) Head back to Florida & to the cabin in the woods to be 1/2 way home. Play Perkerson in Atlanta on the way back down.

Day 9 Sunday 5/4) Drive back home to south Florida to be back at work for Monday exhausted.

Route feedback, company or guides welcome for the Georgia portion as the only thing set in stone is IDGC.

day 1. why those two? it sounds like you are playing one in sarasota, one in tampa and one after tampa?
why not whispering pines instead of floral park?

am i correct in assuming you return to the cabin after day 3 and 4. and you play all three at blue angel right? that's a long drive and drive back for one day

why go through atlanta? especially both ways. that adds at least 90 minutes to the drive over going through jacksonville. unless there is a course you really want to play on the way

Some of those are great courses, but I agree with Reposado as far as routing. Unless you have a specific reason to be someplace on a certain day, you'll probably find more efficiency taking I-75 one direction, and I-95 the other. I'd recommend going through Atlanta only once, whether that's before or after the Augusta/IDGC area... less driving time = more playing time. Perkerson's great, and the IDGC is something to experience - disc golf the way it should be.

Other recommendations:
Ocala Greenway looks like it might fit comfortably into your route - few courses in FL have real elevation, this is one 'em... and it's close to Chiefland.
North Georgia Canopy Tours is a little out of your way, but damned, it's worth it! I defy you to play here and not think it's great.

just my $0.02 ;)

Last edited:
or for that matter, why go through tampa at all if you aren't even definitely playing a tampa course. why not go through orlando and play one there and one or both in ocala.

also if you go that route, you can play okahumpka. if you arent sure if you have time for a third, make the third course a nine. (and one that i prefer to floral anyways) T2, Okahumpka, Ocala Greenway. that's a solid first day. although with the hour you save over going through sarasota, you could play three 18s anyways

the rest of the trip seems focused on getting to the best possible courses but that first day involves some pretty pedestrian courses where better ones are not further out of the way

revised

Day 4 Tues 4/29) Tom Brown park Tallahassee, Fl (weather permitting)
rest, mow grass at the cabin if rain. Jonesville is close to the cabin if it clears up. (blue angel is too far from Cabin in Old Town, Fl 32680.

Day 8 Saturday 5/3) Head back to Florida & to the cabin in the woods to be 1/2 way home. Play Perkerson in Atlanta (Jeff) or Tom Triplett in Savannah on the way back down.

Yes, the motivation was to pass Atlanta to play with a friend.

Floral park was due to being close to 19 & easy [park to play till dusk & drive in the dark to the cabin. (watch out for deers though around Crystal river!)

Was thinking Lakeview park as easy warm up and have not been there longer than others in area. Cutting through Tampa as thinking of Clearwater disc golf. Passing on the usual stop at Cliff Stephens due to tourney.

Usually always drive up north & back home via turnpike and have played Orlando to death. However, still love Turkey lake and Gordon Barnett. Decided to take the long way this time up I75 since I am on vacation.

or for that matter, why go through tampa at all if you aren't even definitely playing a tampa course. why not go through orlando and play one there and one or both in ocala.

also if you go that route, you can play okahumpka. if you arent sure if you have time for a third, make the third course a nine. (and one that i prefer to floral anyways) T2, Okahumpka, Ocala Greenway. that's a solid first day. although with the hour you save over going through sarasota, you could play three 18s anyways

the rest of the trip seems focused on getting to the best possible courses but that first day involves some pretty pedestrian courses where better ones are not further out of the way

Yes, I also Love Ocala Greenway & Pine Oaks Ocala. My icon is a shot from Pine Oaks Ocala. Before Jonesville opened, Ocala was my next go to if Northside was flooded when staying in Old Town, Fl 32680.

I live in Sunrise, Fl and we have the cabin in Old Town, Fl so the drive is usually The Turnpike into I75 so most times we do either Orlando or Ocala when time is short. Since we have more time we are re-visiting some out of the way places we have not been to in years.

Day 4 Tues 4/29) Tom Brown park Tallahassee, Fl (weather permitting)
rest, mow grass at the cabin if rain. Jonesville is close to the cabin if it clears up. (blue angel is too far from Cabin in Old Town, Fl 32680.

probably for the best. pensacola is really a separate trip. just too far in a different direction.

Was thinking Lakeview park as easy warm up and have not been there longer than others in area. Cutting through Tampa as thinking of Clearwater disc golf. Passing on the usual stop at Cliff Stephens due to tourney.

Usually always drive up north & back home via turnpike and have played Orlando to death. However, still love Turkey lake and Gordon Barnett. Decided to take the long way this time up I75 since I am on vacation.

that makes sense. have you considered cypress point since you are going right by it? or is that still the warm up part?

i'd still recommend whispering pines though. especially if you havent been there. its on the same road as floral, even. you could do both if you dont stop in tampa

Revised: Sunrise, Fl to Augusta, GA 4/26-5/4

Day 1 Saturday 4/26) Pack up car, stop to visit mom as we head north. Continue north to play Floral park in Floral City, FL. Continue to cabin. (light warm up day throwing after late start packing car & long drive)

Day 2 Sunday 4/27) Drive to Jacksonville to meet David & play Four Palms & Springfield DGC. back home to cabin in woods.

Day 3 Monday 4/28) Live Oak, Fl. Magnolia & Heritage Park & Gardens DGC.

Day 4 Tues 4/29) Tom Brown Park Tallahassee, Fl (weather permitting). Back to cabin to mow grass. Jonesville is close to the cabin if I pass on Tom Brown.

Day 5 Wednesday 4/30) Drive to hotel room in Augusta, Ga. May stop to play somewhere by Atlanta to see Jeff on the way weather permitting.

Day 6 Thursday 5/1) Hippodrome N. Augusta, SC & Pendleton King Augusta, GA.

Day 7 Friday 5/2) The highlight of the trip!!! IDGC in Appling, GA. All 3 courses all day Friday!!!

Day 8 Saturday 5/3) Head back to Florida & to the cabin in the woods to be 1/2 way home. Play Tom Triplett & or The Sarge on the way back down.

Day 9 Sunday 5/4) Drive back home to south Florida to be back at work for Monday exhausted.

Latest posts