• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Phenix Custom Bags

Christy has a streamline and we are both waiting for the new bags to come out so I can get one.

I have had my Core for about 3yrs. now and will have to say the best thing I ever did to it was create a lumbar support. The Line-x can be rough on the lower back ever when the bag is fitted correctly so I got some bubblewrap and cut it to size to fit under the back padding creating a cushion for my back, just used black duck tape to keep it in place and it is still holding up great.

I have had my Core for about 3yrs. now and will have to say the best thing I ever did to it was create a lumbar support. The Line-x can be rough on the lower back ever when the bag is fitted correctly so I got some bubblewrap and cut it to size to fit under the back padding creating a cushion for my back, just used black duck tape to keep it in place and it is still holding up great.

pics?

Im amazed no company hasnt made a bag yet with a nice padded back section. That would clinch it for me and im sure many others on what bag to purchase.

Yeah and the new one does have better back padding:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 155054_153036114741955_109086385803595_271128_7094161_n.jpg
    155054_153036114741955_109086385803595_271128_7094161_n.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 150551_153036088075291_109086385803595_271125_5381692_n.jpg
    150551_153036088075291_109086385803595_271125_5381692_n.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 166
Yeah and the new one does have better back padding:

Tell me about that center pocket. Are there small pockets inside for organizing smaller items? Also, does the center pocket have any support for when discs are leaning into it? What are all those clips for around the top of the bag? Final question, does it have a rain fly?

Thank you in advance kind sir.

I just took my custom Core for its first round today, and even got to use the rainfly. I'll put some pics up in a second. Bottomline is I love this bag, it's a tough, Dirty Harry mixed with John McClane kind of bag. I got the line-X b/c I wanted a bag I could leave as an heirloom, lol. No, but it is very relaxing not having to worry about putting your bag down in a wet spot, you can really just think about your game and nothing else.

Pros:
Line-X: it's tough as hell and the bee's knees.
Simplicity/functionality: Nothing crazy or useless on this bag and everything is a breeze to get to, especially discs.
Pockets: One big center pocket big enough to carry extra discs or a rain jacket,also a smaller zipper pocket lining one side that's good for wallet, phone and what not, the other side of this pocket just has a little clip hanging down for keys. Side pockets are big enough to put your fist into comfortably and have little pencil holders hidden inside. The Mini pocket is cool, the little pockets inside are great for holding little odds and ends like loose change, golf pencils, and scorecards. The putter pocket is perfectly shaped. It will hold 3 putters if you don't mind cramming them in there but it holds 2 flawlessly.
Rainfly: It works great and is easily accessed/utilized. The velcro attachments let you into the bag without having to completely undo the rainfly.
2 big drink holders: Always welcome.

Cons:
Line-X: It's tough but it's heavy, probably added at least a lb to the overall weight.
Weight: With the Line-X, it's got some heft to it. Fortunately, once you get the quads on though, it's no worse than any other large bag I've used.
Rain fly: With this old style, it doesn't cover the putter pocket. Kind of sucks.
Back pad: It's not as padded as the new style coming out. With some ingenuity this could be modded pretty easily but I don't think it will bother me enough to result to that measure.

Bottomline:
I love this bag but if I had time to spare I would wait for the new style with the better rainfly and thicker back pad to come out, just b/c it's that much closer to perfection. Overall, I'd definitely say it looks decidedly more durable than a Revo Carolina and probably a notch more durable than a GB Kong. It's a more dummed down bag than those and I kind of like it that way. But it is pricey, however a lot of that price is easily forgiven considering you get to design the color scheme and that's hard to beat.

My Custom Core pics:

Here it is with the rainfly on:
0224111137.jpg

Topless pic:
0224111138.jpg

Inside of that Center pocket:
0224111140.jpg

Side view, including DGCR bling:
0224111142.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the pics but it gives you an idea. I'll buy a digital camera one of these decades. :rolleyes:

phenix tells you on their website that the line-x adds 1 pound of weight, FYI.

Yes, and it's worth it IMO.

I do remember one small gripe about this bag. I got the red quads to match the bag but they appear to be of an older style b/c the edges aren't really padded like my navy blue ones, so it kind of digs into your flesh a little bit more. Not that much of a con but I'm such a stickler for details and for the price I wanted this to be the ultimate dg bag, so I guess I'll have to settle for the penultimate bag instead.

I'm patiently(not) waiting for the redesigned Streamline.

I'd be willing to take the old one if they'd let me custom color :/

About time brotherdave stepped up and bought that bag. Very cool. Now I can be seen with him again on the course. Now if he would only lose that pink Ion...