• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Philo on pga.com

You would think that if you're going to air something that you don't or hardly cover, that you would do your homework. Wait, not even students want to do their homework so why should announcers?!?!?! This Is a microcosm of today, you want it but don't want to work for it. SO GET IT RIGHT NEXT TIME, ESPN OR WHATEVER LOCAL TV CREW IS COVERING IT.

This perfection you seek; have you ever seen it elsewhere?

Maybe you could be the guy who "should send ESPN or their local TV stations the facts about disc golf, mainly the difference between what a Frisbee and the typical disc(s)"

The most amusing part of this video going viral like it has, at least for me, has been the different takes the various outlets have on it. They're all trying to be different than the last one with their commentary but at the same time are less than well informed about what's actually happening in the video, so they end up calling it silly things like a "trick shot" (as if the flight of the disc was unusual), an 850 foot throw, and a double albatross.

The biggest thing though, is that this is getting shared around by non-disc golfers. I can't say I've seen that with any previous clips, even the Feldberg ace last year that blew up similarly. I've got friends who don't play sharing it and tagging me (their token disc golfing friend) as if I wouldn't have already seen it. Fun stuff.

Golf Digest Magazine: "You need to see the greatest disc golf shot of all time to believe it"
http://www.golfdigest.com/story/you...test-disc-golf-shot-of-all-time-to-believe-it

Cool. My favorite part of the write-up is "The best part of the video might be the flyover of the hole at the beginning. That had to be filmed after Brathwaite's shot, right? Or does the Beaver State Fling get U.S. Open treatment?"

Yes - while ball golf has dozens of cameras, state of the art equipment, and Johnny Miller doing color commentary (they can keep him), we have it pretty good in the disc golf world. Well done, CCDG.

Cool. My favorite part of the write-up is "The best part of the video might be the flyover of the hole at the beginning. That had to be filmed after Brathwaite's shot, right? Or does the Beaver State Fling get U.S. Open treatment?"

Somebody did a drone flyover on all the holes before the event.

51x3y_ughbmtBhnQRb4rTfsvBPxQtfLoOhAmyhfjx0rv9FyXICndPf_ULmSL4iNjSdpS7mo1VPeybuSxBTxLZj8-1I-mVZAbet5gBAC5UkTCcsvkjqkXvKt8_CET_ft6nwvDpXubHiGoxjNS5GAspCT7RUb72pUKzajxej89C7cMMK8i9TUMcLB0bg0cT3aAsPLn2Ou5v5bec3FtrcKJN6MDpAWx5m6ReC2qfcb7i_xFlsUPXugfCBI_11Xzk2ZqUqMe_jf4O4IJ1Z2QKTKBMhKWL9WuhYswD8PD-j-bNrzkYVt7XQnG36ITnKkQ9X30nKfwyFjPqha9r3o1EhNI9ZdgplhspEeCvM9Swz-lJat_HMdWo4Jp7_v8U3S5UpXxd8tIdzKm2p8lm-GgkAFIzUEO91pbQJLQNHG8795MHrcCRCsW2gAFGtiHHVqVoqgYOTBWj8uuL0G9RBW9W-yXOFCdmctfQxb6gmJBpQjHHsrSbTqFHh_W-o9Fs3a2gtKvBLvBnoxMeBIPtOD2LDM2n5QBBant48OxpWCdUY73BX4LgpBVN7ch4zF32fsVD45LDNpmYGG2d7f68gVXcUFXu0JttbC2VTE=s911-no

An amazing shot and an equally amazing video capture of said shot.

Thanks! So happy Paul caught the catch perfectly!

Yes - while ball golf has dozens of cameras, state of the art equipment, and Johnny Miller doing color commentary (they can keep him), we have it pretty good in the disc golf world. Well done, CCDG.

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

This has got to be the most famous shot in DG history. Easily over 15 million views online, and it's been on TV a bunch too. Growing the sport!

Thanks! So happy Paul caught the catch perfectly!

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

This has got to be the most famous shot in DG history. Easily over 15 million views online, and it's been on TV a bunch too. Growing the sport!

That is amazing Ian, glad you guys were the ones to get it all on film! :)

So can you say how many outlets you've granted permission to use the footage? It sounds like a lot.

This is blowing up even more. There have so many people at work come up to me and tell me about this shot. "That's the thing you play, right?"

That is amazing Ian, glad you guys were the ones to get it all on film! :)

So can you say how many outlets you've granted permission to use the footage? It sounds like a lot.

Thanks!

ESPN, FoxSports1, ABCSports, NBCSports, SBNation, Bleacher Report, The Weather Channel, KSBY, KATU, a station in Texas, Rueters asked but their terms were insane, The FB Page McLovin', a couple other FB pages too, ESPN again to use it for other than Top 10, I'm sure I'm forgetting some too, o yeah some web news in Check Republic, and New Zealand. It's been nuts. :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Thanks!

ESPN, FoxSports1, ABCSports, NBCSports, SBNation, Bleacher Report, The Weather Channel, KSBY, KATU, a station in Texas, Rueters asked but their terms were insane, The FB Page McLovin', a couple other FB pages too, ESPN again to use it for other than Top 10, I'm sure I'm forgetting some too, o yeah some web news in Check Republic, and New Zealand. It's been nuts. :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

EFF YEAH! That's awesome for you guys! Congratulations!

Thanks!

Very cool, so if McLovin asked for it I wonder if they talked about it on the Dan Patrick show, most likely they did.

This kind of viral video is marketing gold. These days, a viral video is one of the only ways to penetrate the zeitgeist and gain meaningful exposure to people who never even knew disc golf existed. The power of viral videos is one of the reasons why traditional ad spending is plummeting across the board, even ad spending on relatively popular platforms and news organizations.

Is this the first disc golf vid that will get 1 million views on YouTube? (It's got almost 900K now and 1M is pretty much guaranteed.)

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, what kind of terms was Reuters trying to impose? They were using your video, after all.

The New Zealand article was actually one of the best-written out of the bunch. It was respectful, and you could tell they'd done some research and appreciated it as an athletic achievement.

Is this the first disc golf vid that will get 1 million views on YouTube? (It's got almost 900K now and 1M is pretty much guaranteed.)

Holy ****. Really?! That's pretty amazing for all parties involved!

How much does ccdg get per view on the Youtubes?

Latest posts