• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Physical Flight/Salient Terrible Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
VoR man since you love this bag so much I will gladly sell it to you!

dude....... read my posts. I dont like the bag at all. I have a Grip and am very satisfied with it. I just think starting a thread to bitch about a warranty claim that is being handled appropriately is weak. that is it.

how else do you suggest he word it.

the fact is this is the first time holes have worn through the bag. time will tell if this is a real defect or something else.

How about, "This is the first we've heard of a problem with the materials, but we'll gladly take a look at it."

That was tough, I know. Taking out the word "you" comes across a hell of a lot more neutral and friendly.

When you say "you are the first to bring up the issue," that does not read as neutral. It reads like you are implying that the customer is the problem, not the bag.

That is your opinion. I know my intentions. To the OP, the warranty process has been explained to you in an email. the reason why they have to repair it and can't send you a new bag is because there are no more contenders in stock. all of them are sold out. So it was clearly said your straps would be repaired but the holes in the bottom cannot. What you choose to do now is up to you.

I am in no way "bitching". I am providing the details of my experience with this bag and the customer service and asking for what I was promised. I made this thread to help people become informed and hopefully steer clear of this company. You have asked for more and more details and I have happily provided them.

How about, "This is the first we've heard of a problem with the materials, but we'll gladly take a look at it."

That was tough, I know. Taking out the word "you" comes across a hell of a lot more neutral and friendly.

im sure you would have found holes in the statement regardless.

:D

I said I would happily take a catalyst or any other bag of similar value and was completely shut down. So that is not the truth.

I still only see the pointing out of the issues there bud. If pointing out issues is "bitching" where you are from then so be it I will lose no sleep over your opinion.

the part that got me was that you said you filed with the BBB. do you even know the purpose of the Better Business Bureau?

"fostering honest and responsive relationships between businesses and consumers -- instilling consumer confidence and advancing a trustworthy marketplace for all."

meanwhile in china word has gotten back to the factory that a bag was made improperly so they took it out on the boy who made it.

67962974.jpg

Contenders were and still are made in the USA.

Sadly, this is par for the course regarding Salient discs and Physical Flight LLC

Maybe it just a misunderstanding.
I went to the website and read the warranty. I clearly says that if there are warranty claims after the bag has been received and used then the you pay to ship to Salient and they pay to ship back.

As far as the holes in the bottom that is always going to be a "he said, she said" type deal. Whether or not it is a "fault" of the company, they could always say it's your fault. It will be interesting to see if this type thing continues to pop up and if so, how will it be handled?

I understand how their warranty reads on the salient page but that is not how it was conveyed when I bought the bag from physical flight.

Summing this thread up...

I dont think this as bad as it sounds. they are gonna fix your bag. the warranty clearly says that if your bag is damaged after delivery that you have to pay to ship it back to them. not sure what the complaint is.

:eek:

I have a tablet. it stopped working. nothing I did at all. it had a one year warranty. i had to pay to ship it to them and wait for 2 weeks while they fixed it. I definitely didnt start a thread about it either. bc thats normal procedure.

Simple.

if they are fixing what they deem to be the defect, then they are fulfilling the warranty

Same thing happened with my straps on my PF bag. I shipped it back (paying for it myself) and the company fixed the straps and shipped it back.

They did everything the warranty said they would and I received the bag a couple weeks later, as they said I would. It sucks when these kind of things happen but I feel that they dealt with the problem in a reasonable way.

so you want a brand new bag for the one you have beat up over the past eight months.

This is the sum of the thread. You want a new, different model bag even though you've used the one you have for 8 months.

I have no idea how those holes got there, but they don't look like seam rips, the edges are frayed and dirty. That looks a lot more like user error than the bag falling apart.

Not accusing you of trying to play dirty, but that doesn't look like the bag failing, that looks like the nylon has seen some serious abuse.

The only thing I will say on this is the bottom of that bag is 1050D Ballistic nylon, some of the toughest material you can make a bag out of. you are the first that has brought up an issue like this. the straps on the other hand is a different story

Maybe it just a misunderstanding.
I went to the website and read the warranty. I clearly says that if there are warranty claims after the bag has been received and used then the you pay to ship to Salient and they pay to ship back.

Simple, and straightforward.

I agree with Benett and VoR, I'm sorry OP. If you check the other Salient thread, I'm no fan of how the Catalyst was handled, so I'm definitely not on their side.

A lifetime warranty means that during the lifetime of the product, it will be fixed. Generally speaking, if the manufacturer cannot fix the product THEN you would get a new, similarly priced product. However, they will fix your straps. Unless you have a paper copy or email stating "what they conveyed" to you earlier about not paying shipping, that's their policy. You pay shipping, no two ways about it.

As for the holes in the bottom, as Bennett said, those aren't on seams, which would be manufacturer defect. If your MIL is a seamstress, just have her sew it up, and move on if you're not happy with the timeline.

Thank you all for your input. I understand many of you do not see where I am coming from and that is fine. This situation is happening to me and I feel the way I feel whether that adheres to the warranty is irrelevant. I am an unhappy customer and that is all there is to say. I hope you all have a very happy new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.