• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FedEx/US Postal problems

I made a complaint about a package being dropped in the street in front of my house to fedex. They advised me I should set up an account and have delivery instructions on it. I had, years previously.

I rather suspect all the shippers these days feel like they can tell you to f-off since you have no real options.

I made a complaint about a package being dropped in the street in front of my house to fedex. They advised me I should set up an account and have delivery instructions on it. I had, years previously.

I rather suspect all the shippers these days feel like they can tell you to f-off since you have no real options.

We just recently had a similar issue with FedEx. We had ordered a new computer. I had delivery instructions set up to deliver to the back porch, and we were told that a signature would be required. We made sure someone was home the 3 different times the package was delayed. They ended up dropping on my front steps, feet off of a busy road, in plain view, and they said my wife signed for the package. She never even answered the door. Had it not been for the dogs barking, she never even would have known we had a package delivered. I called to complain, and was told by the call center agent that my complaint would be forwarded to the local hub and someone would be in contact. That was a month ago. Not holding my breath.

Man, in my old job we shipped/received probably 1000 packages a year, many with very expensive and fragile aircraft components. Never had this kind of trouble with either FedEx or USPS. UPS on the other hand...

It also seems to vary regionally and even from city to city.

But the overwhelming majority of complaints seem to be FedEx Ground. (especially to residential addresses)

I guess I can still get brown vans.

Uh ... might want to check UPS' Terms of Service, specifically, the definition of "Delivery." Absent purchase of delivery confirmation signature required service, dropping a package at the curb or handing it over to anyone who happens to be on the premises (or stick it in your mailbox)—including a complete stranger who happens to be hanging out in your driveway or front yard—fulfills the terms of service (and even signature-required services don't require the driver to ascertain or verify the identity of the person signing for the delivery).

Delivery" shall be deemed to include, but not be limited to any of the follow*ing: (1) delivery to the Consignee or the Consignee's actual or apparent agent or representative, or pursuant to Consignee's instructions, (2) delivery to the address or location specified in the UPS Shipping System or, to any person present at such address, (3) delivery to an alternate address or location, includ* ing to a UPS Access Point® location, (4) delivery in accordance with trade custom or usage, (5) delivery pursuant to UPS's driver release procedures, (6) delivery pursuant to UPS's Shipper Release proce* dures, or (7) delivery otherwise permit* ted under the Terms.

I am certain that business deliveries aren't an issue.

Eh ... not so much. FedEx around here SUX, with a capital S, U, and X. There's not a week goes by that they don't drop off packages at our office that are addressed a church on an entirely different street, and they don't get packages addressed to us. Or get text notifications of failed delivery attempts, when video from the security cameras at both our parking lot entrances show the delivery van driving by without even turning in. They've even delivered computers and project bids to my house (7 miles away, in a different zip code), even though the labels were clearly addressed to our office.

Remember the good old days, when you paid your $780 (equiv) postage, and handed your package with one disc to the pony express rider and hoped for the best, I'll be dammed if a pony express rider ever pulled such shenanigans.

Oh, we're going for ridiculous equivalence. Sorry, I must have missed that we're expected 18th century service in the 21st.

In the street, btw, was not hyperbolic.

Maybe talk to a lawyer for advice....some lawyers charge a minimum fee for just giving advice.

Time and advice are a lawyer's stock and trade. If you want free advice, seek it out on the internet.

As for seeking out legal advice on a $16.00 dispute, seriously, just pay the money and learn the valuable lesson that comes with the payment. Ask Fedex for the money back, and if they refuse, raise hell about forever if your time is worth nothing to you.

For some reason, this post brings to mind the 3 minute rule.

Time and advice are a lawyer's stock and trade. If you want free advice, seek it out on the internet.

As for seeking out legal advice on a $16.00 dispute, seriously, just pay the money and learn the valuable lesson that comes with the payment. Ask Fedex for the money back, and if they refuse, raise hell about forever if your time is worth nothing to you.

For some reason, this post brings to mind the 3 minute rule.

The poster was looking for options and I provided one. I had a friend who needed legal advice and the lawyer charged something like $25 for advice only. Of course, that's still spending more money than just getting the discs "out of hock". If it went to small claims, then the poster might be able to get the lawyer's fee back.

But if it was me, I'd just pay the fee...ask FedEx for the money back since their worker illegally put the package in the USPS mailbox....and if they don't refund the cost...post it everywhere, companies always ask for ratings/feedback - give it.

If I thought what was in the box was worth $270, I think I would have paid the $16 to get the package in my hands and then complain to the shipper, Fed-ex, post office or whoever was willing to listen.

If I thought what was in the box was worth $270, I think I would have paid the $16 to get the package in my hands and then complain to the shipper, Fed-ex, post office or whoever was willing to listen.

I'm thinking the people willing to listen to the OP's complaints are here on the internet.

Doesn't sound like FedEx or the USPS wants to listen to him.

Refusal was brilliant. Now the purchase contract has been voided and the OPs $$ should be refunded 100%. Maybe the merchant will decide that fedex isn't worth it, who knows.

Refusal was brilliant. Now the purchase contract has been voided and the OPs $$ should be refunded 100%. Maybe the merchant will decide that fedex isn't worth it, who knows.

The poster never said (to my knowledge) where the discs came from. It could be a private seller. But letting the sender know the issue MIGHT keep them from using FedEx again. It might not affect FedEx any....but the seller should know the issue exists.

I contacted the seller. It is InfiniteDiscs. I don't like putting this back on them; they don't deserve this hassle and expense.

I feel kind of like the bad guy for being able to unload the problem, and doing it. I just would not give that post office the satisfaction of paying them to undo a mess that they did not have to create in the first place.

The ass-hat [insert whichever business] drivers around here always block my driveway completely, then run through my yard to get to the neighbors house. There's always plenty of space for them to park anywhere else, and the neighbors driveway goes all the way to the sidewalk. I've also watched them just drop the boxes on the ground from chest height, toss them over fences, and generally dgaf. One driver left a package on my porch, directly under the clearly legible sign which read "All deliveries through gate. Thank you."
The pic of the delivery just barely showed the bottom of that sign. Then there was the POS that sat in the street, double parked, blaring some rap song where F&$%, B$%#, Ni&&##% was every other word. Homie drive off real fast after I yelled at his ass to turn that crap off, all the kids in the neighborhood could hear it. I've grown to dislike any and all delivery persons, regardless of employer.

I contacted the seller. It is InfiniteDiscs. I don't like putting this back on them; they don't deserve this hassle and expense.

I feel kind of like the bad guy for being able to unload the problem, and doing it. I just would not give that post office the satisfaction of paying them to undo a mess that they did not have to create in the first place.

You are putting the blame in the wrong place. It isn't the USPS fault...they didn't force FedEx to illegally deliver the package. I believe the reason for the rule is to stop people/businesses from putting flyers in other people's mailboxes - but ultimately, it isn't the USPS fault. I'd have a hard time believing FedEx and UPS don't know it is illegal to use the USPS mailboxes.

Now, with it being Infinite Discs, if it causes them to pull their deliveries from FedEx, that could be a big loss to FedEx. You could follow-up with FedEx and say that you let the merchant know FedEx is illegally delivering packages in USPS mailboxes and the hassle it is causing customers. They might realize they could lose business and make it right with you. But, if you already refused the package, there's nothing for them to reimburse you for.

You know the old saying: "don't blame the messenger..." In this case do blame the messenger (the driver).

The driver violated FedEx policy by leaving a package in a mailbox. If I was in this situation I would pay the Post Master to get my package (get a receipt) then file a complaint with FedEx. I wouldn't consider getting a lawyer involved over this.

Latest posts