• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Pick 1 Trilogy Disc to Make Me a Believer

Shimmer

Birdie Member
As the title says, I am looking for the grand poobah, the crem della crem from the Trilogy lineup. I have chalked up my previous purchases to bad luck. However, after acquiring several different molds in various weights and plastics, I began to wonder if it really was bad luck, or if there was consistency issues I was missing out on.

So if you could put one disc in my hand that would be enjoyable to throw and fly as it is intended to straight out of the box, what would it be? (add weight plastic if it is applicable)

Please exclude Rivers, Saints, Warships. I exhausted my patience with these particular molds. As always, I appreciate any and all feedback!

A few of my favorites- Fuse, great understable mid, Saint Pro(didnt know if that was included in the exclusions)- I like it a lot more than the regular saint, Stag- very Teebird like- Bolt is a fun distance driver, And the Scythe is a nice OS Driver. All of them in the Premium stuff- Gold Line/Tournament/Fuzion

Its hard to pick just one.

If I had to pick one, just one, it would be the Westside Giant. I've never had a bad one. I've had some that flew different than others, but never a bad one. Fast, glidey, overstable. It's an invaluable disc in my bag.

If I had to give you an exact specific Giant to seek out, it would be a 169g Tournament Plastic Sea Green Giant. Will fly like a fresh beefy Destroyer, but better. Happy hunting.

The Opto Pure. The only good Trilogy disc that offers something new.

Goldline Fuse 175g. For me this is the perfect understable mid.

175 Opto XXX
Flat as Possible
Will fly as advertised. This and the Trident clicked for me.

Lat 64 has debateably the best plastic, but glides for days... And then some...

Escape without knowing why the other discs didnt work for you. Why did the other discs not work for you?

^^^^^ Yeah this too. Better representation of the company than the XXX. 174g Opto Pures are the bees knees once the razor sharp flashing wears off.

In my opinion it's one of the few actual unique offerings from Lat64 that brings something brand new to the table in terms of flight, everything else is just an attempt at recreating a classic mold.

Mini-Buzzz is mostly accurate... Does glide a little more I'd say. The great thing about them is they fly predictably at all power levels. You can give them tons of power, and they hold the line.

They are bad in headwinds... Really bad... Just don't go there...

The Opto Pure. The only good Trilogy disc that offers something new.

I second this. Opto Pure has been a staple in my bag since the first day I tried it out.

Giant, opto pure, zero pure.

Tp giants seem to have more variance than the VIP. They range from faf to genuinely domey. IMO get a VIP for a true giant experience. that said, I love them both.

There are lots of domey xxx out there but I still love them.

Opto pures are amazing and I've never had one fly weird compared to another. Zero pures are hyzer flip machines.

Last edited:
It's an interesting question to think about, because IMHO Dynamic's offerings are fairly distinct from Latitude and Westside's, which are much more similar. Those latter two focus on glidey finesse discs, whereas Dynamic's are almost souped up versions of more classic designs. Kind of like a more modernized Legacy.

Since you've tried the stalwarts for Latitude and Westside without success, I think you should try something from Dynamic. My personal favorite is the Suspect: a slower overstable midrange, it's like a slightly longer, slightly less stable Zone. The HSS is fantastic enough to handle headwinds and a good rip, but it also has a subtle enough fade to be workable in a variety of situations, especially as it wears (it loses LSS before HSS). I have a cycle of three Suspects going that cover everything but my most understable midrange lines.

If that sounds like the kind of disc that would interest you, maybe try one in Classic plastic. It's Pro level durable, allowing you to see how the mold cycles fairly early and make an opinion of it. It's a wonderful disc IMO.

trident all day I see the drone in your sig. and the trident is a longer drone in my opinion. The judge is another great mold.

Thank you everyone thus far for your suggestions! In regards to what I did not like about the Saint in particular, I purchased somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-8 of these in various plastics and weights. Between 167-175 some in GL, some in Opto, I had 1 massively OS, 2 turn and burns, one domey stable that flew like a brick, and the others were just meh after throwing them for awhile. I loved how my buddies flew, but mine never seemed to have anywhere near the same characteristics.

Warship was the same way - Either stable to the point it wasn't worth taking the time to break it in, or ended up being flippy and couldn't handle anything outside of a finesse shot.

My three favorites are Pure, Verdict and XXX. It's hard to tell you which one will be best for you. I am leaning toward the Verdict. It's less stable than your Drone, a little faster and oh so workable. It makes an excellent flex shot, FH, OH, BH. Powered down it acts OS, full power it is straight and fast with a decent fade.

trident all day I see the drone in your sig. and the trident is a longer drone in my opinion. The judge is another great mold.

I couldn't agree with both of these discs more. I recently picked up the Judge, but it is the beez neez. Tridents just do Trident stuff, which is go left and give decent skips if needed. I carry multiples of these molds.

Latest posts