• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pick the most stable disc

What is the most stable disc?

• Total voters
Here's the Discraft stability guide that I'm sure most of you have seen. The closer a disc is to zero the more stable it is. It seems like a pretty simple concept to me.

discraftstabilityguide.jpg

I'm done with this thread now. It's getting a little too silly in here. :sick:

stability n. , pl. , -ties . The state or quality of being stable, especially: Resistance to change

if you throw a disc straight... you have added resistance thru rotational speed. if you did not add enough resistance, then where the hell is your disc? is is NOT straight ahead. the discs natural stability over-ruled your resistance. so it went stable.

So a spinning top has rotational speed, but when it slows down it falls over and is now stable.

gtfo with your ****ty logic.

Here's the Discraft stability guide that I'm sure most of you have seen. The closer a disc is to zero the more stable it is. It seems like a pretty simple concept to me.

discraftstabilityguide.jpg

I'm done with this thread now. It's getting a little too silly in here. :sick:

128764072662442308.jpg

Then just to wrap up- my way works better.
When I say, "hey, you know that nuke you got for sale, how's it fly"

local;"it's stable" or "kinda flippy" ( so since I know how a nuke flys, I can figure out how it flys compared to others.

Dgcr; /describes how nuke flys (helps me in no way to figure how it flies)

So based on the group consensus I'll make a list of discraft over, under, and stable discs:

stable: comet, magnet, xl, rattler

under: stratus, meteor, glide, xpress, aSS, apx, putt'r

over: all others

Wow! I now see how useful using three made up references is- I can feel smug when I correct others on my view and I can finally get that "caution: overstable discs inside" patch, seeing that basicly every driver is overstable.

This is a great, great system;)

http://www.innovadiscs.com/media/PDF/innova-driver-chart-web.pdf

Are Innova wrong? I've often found the above chart a useful reference, and further the 'turn' and 'fade' values great ways to express a discs flight pattern.

It must be pointed out, stability on a personal level can't be quantified on a chart generalized against only other discs. But, while erring on throwing things that end up being too much or not enough disc for us to handle, a standard such as this helps us determine which way to go to find that stability.

Stability to me is our ideal range, neither over nor under and may come at any point in the chart.

K.

Let me ask this. For those of you voting that the Firebird is the most stable, than what the hell discs are overstable? What is overstable? You make no sense sirs!!!

You get it, right?.....OOOOVVVEEERRRR-stable?

forget discs...

Three dudes: John, Bob, and Tod.
They both pay the amount for rent, bills and expenses each month: $1500
John earns $5000 a month. Bob Earns $2500. Tod earns $1000.

Which person is most monetarily stable?
Which person is least monetarily stable?

Last edited:
genius-average-retarded

Do you follow this?

As you become less of a genius you get more average.
If you get smarter than retarded you become more average.

What have we learned from this thread thusfar?

1) Aproximately 55% of disc golfers use the term stable to describe a discs tendency to fly straight.

2) The other 45% of disc golfers use the term stable to describe a discs resistance to turn.

I have learned that every time someone picks buzzz, someone else picks firebird.

Latest posts