• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Planning a golf trip to St. Louis

snax

So about 10 friends and I are planning a weekend trip to St. Louis...mainly to play the course in the cave at Crystal City. We will have all day on Saturday until we hit up the cave at around 8pm and prob until 2pm on Sunday when we will leave to play as many cool courses as we can.

We have not decided on a location to stay yet, we will figure that out once we figure out what courses we will be playing so any course within ~50miles or so of downtown will be considered.

I would rather spend a little more timing driving between courses to play the best / most fun / unique courses rather than play a bunch of crappy courses that are located close to each other. I would be plenty happy with 3-4 courses on Saturday and maybe 2 on Sunday plus the cave!

Something like Endicott Park looks like fun, has good reviews and is something similar to what we usually play here in Oklahoma City. Or even Rock Spring Park...but I could be wrong about these courses and thats why I we are asking for local advice.

Thanks St Louis People!!

while there are many fine st.louis courses to be played...
your only an hour away (from the river) to be able to play the #1 ranked course in illinois, #23 overall here on dgc review. that would be centralia il.
centraliadiscgolf.com come check us out.
IF you cannot make it (and you'll regret it). endicott, jefferson barracks and sioux passage are all good fun.

Rockspring, Endicott, and Sioux Passage are solid; I did those in one day my first trip down there. Jefferson Barracks is solid too. The pictures show the courses well. Quail Ridge is pretty good too, not as long but fun wooded shots with elevation or trees.

White Birch is old school, very short with odd lines crammed into a small area, a fun Steady Ed design. El Shaddai had some solid holes but some dinky ones too.

When I was down there a few years ago, some of the signage was pretty basic. Without a killer guide I would have been in trouble on some courses, like Sioux Passage or Endicott. Maps are very helpful.

Endicott, Jefferson Barracks, and Sioux Passage are the big 3 in St Louis. I have never croused to river to play, but I have heard good things about centralia, but i haven't played them so i cant really chime in. I have also heard good things about west city and jokerst in the festus area (near the cave).

Carrollton park is a different course. It used to be a subdivision so it makes for some interesting disc golf.

GoodDriveBadPutt said most of what I was going to say. Rockspring and Sioux Passage are close to one another and are both a lot of fun, and the trip to Centralia is definitely worth it.

The courses in Festus are not as good as St. Louis' best ones. They are pretty flat, and long. I would rank them: West City, Engler, Potosi, and Jokerst (it's only a nine but fun with elevation).

Can't go wrong with Sioux Passage, Rock Spring, Endicott, and Jefferson Barracks. Others worth a go are Creve Coeur if you like long and flat. Carrolton is different...long with strategic placement of all shots with subdivision roads as OB and is difficult to navigate. Out west is Quail Ridge however it can be very busy. El Shaddai Ranch is a fun private course open to the public for 3 dollars a day.

was at a tournament yesterday and was told that the cave complex was being shut down for safety concerns. #1 being that the complex only has one in/out and that violates safety/fire codes.
anybody know more on this?

I don't know which way your coming from, but...

Souix Passage and Rockspring are close together and both worth playing. these are north of STL. Our newest course, Carrollton Park is also worth playing, but can be hard to navigate (find a local, I mite be available, hit me up). All take about 2 hours to play.

Endicott is my favorite. It is centrally located in the city. It can be played in under 2 hours.

Jefferson Barracks is in south county and is maybe the best course "in" STL. It can be crowded on the weekend, there is a random draw doubles there at noon on Sat. It is about 2 hours, unless crowded.

Crytal City is about 45 min south of STL.

West City and Jokherst (9) are both right next to Crystal City. West City is freaking awesome. Don't miss this one. Bring some throw-aways, cuz I always lose one here, but it's worth it. Also I don't usually recommend a 9 hole course for a road trip, but Jokeherst is fun and can be played in like half an hour.

Foundation Park in Centrailia IL is a top 25 course. It is an hour and a half fro STL. Give it a look, it will be the highlight of your trip.

where in the area are you staying? that might help with what courses to hit on which days. centralia is worth the trip, and there are some other solid courses in illinois either going out to centralia or coming back. you could hit 3-4 of them saturday and then another 2-3 actually in st louis on sunday. in st louis i prefer carrollton, sioux passage, and endicott myself. in illinois centralia, woodland park, horner park, silver lake park, and rock spring are all decent.