• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Plantation Ruins DGC at Winget Park. Charlotte, NC.

Mike C

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer

Mobile friendly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRBaGP22D8Y

I thought this was a very fun course. Happened to be right next to my parents house so I had to check it out. Not the toughest course I've played, but I wouldn't call it a pitch and putt either. Plenty of fairly tight fairways ready to knock down a sloppy drive.

Lovely course. Unfortunately, it's on the opposite side of Charlotte from where I come into the city and it's a drive getting to nearby courses so it sits low on my priority list of plays when I'm in the QC.

Show off! OK....nice ace!

Is that a garbage pail they are playing for the drums?

Although on the short side; Winget is really well designed and maintained. I'm still waiting on a birdie on 13; I seem to always clank my putt high when I get a decent look at the basket.

Although on the short side; Winget is really well designed and maintained. I'm still waiting on a birdie on 13; I seem to always clank my putt high when I get a decent look at the basket.

We let a couple play through on 13 and we watche as the girl took a 6 or so and the guy took a 3 or 4. Then I stepped up and threw it perfect, and my mom said something like "Mike you make it look so easy but watching those people makes ya realize how tough it can be!"

I agree about navigation etc. I played Renny Gold the next day and got so lost trying to figure out where to throw. You'll see what I mean when I post the video.

Winget had some of the easiest navigation of any course I've played, and few pins that weren't easy to spot from the tee. Excellent signs and tons of benches.

Last edited:
Lovely course. Unfortunately, it's on the opposite side of Charlotte from where I come into the city and it's a drive getting to nearby courses so it sits low on my priority list of plays when I'm in the QC.

Its only about 7-8 miles from Renny. Makes a good combo--have an ordeal at Renny then have some fun at Plantation Ruins.

We let a couple play through on 13 and we watche as the girl took a 6 or so and the guy took a 3 or 4. Then I stepped up and threw it perfect, and my mom said something like "Mike you make it look so easy but watching those people makes ya realize how tough it can be!"

I agree about navigation etc. I played Renny Gold the next day and got so lost trying to figure out where to throw. You'll see what I mean when I post the video.

Winget had some of the easiest navigation of any course I've played, and few pins that weren't easy to spot from the tee. Excellent signs and tons of benches.

Just follow the gold or silver(gray) arrows and you can't get lost.

I think he's saying he wasn't sure where the fairway was going which I can relate to. Nice vid Mike, wish I could of made it down that way to get a round in.

Its only about 7-8 miles from Renny. Makes a good combo--have an ordeal at Renny then have some fun at Plantation Ruins.

True enough, I'm just not crazy about Renny either. I've probably said it before but thanks again for all the good work you do for the courses, Tom. :)

Just follow the gold or silver(gray) arrows and you can't get lost.

Pretty much everything between 10-17 threw me off. A few of them were obvious but some I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing, and just rolled with whatever felt right. I was with my family so I wasn't trying to explore a bunch, walking up and down the fairways repeatedly, was tryin to keep things moving. Next time I head out I'll try to find someone to join me :)

Pretty much everything between 10-17 threw me off. A few of them were obvious but some I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing, and just rolled with whatever felt right. I was with my family so I wasn't trying to explore a bunch, walking up and down the fairways repeatedly, was tryin to keep things moving. Next time I head out I'll try to find someone to join me :)

I think '78 was talking about transitions. You're right, in that there's a lot of blind tee shots out there. Takes a couple of rounds to know what you're trying to do everywhere.

Great Video... Congrats on the ACE it was cool to watch. From my NOOBIE perspective you make the whole disc golf thing look too easy. I throw a lot of RHFH so I was paying attention to yours, you just seem to flick it out there.

By the way the families commentary in the background was nice, you could tell they were enjoying your play.. My families usual commentary is more like "Dad how many times are you going to throw", or "I'm ready to go home now".

Latest posts