• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Plastic Finding Season - Post Yours

a 1x Beast is the old mold.

I've only found 1 disc and that was a couple of weeks ago at leagues. we were warming up and a club member thought he dropped a $20 somewhere on the first couple holes and we were helping him look. he spotted the disc in the creek and I clambered down to get it. It was a DX Firebird with no markings. I put it in the club's lost and found box. how do all you guys find all these discs? I know we've had arguments about lake dredging and about calling numbers but let's set that aside. where are you guys finding so many discs?

I have found: (no names or numbers)
Champion wraith
pro wraith

returned:
QJLS
Champion Wraith

I lost:
Champ teebird
dx leopard

I've found

omega ss
pro candy fb
champ sidewinder
old 1st run banshee
black teerex x (surprisingly @ night too)
star road runner
z xl
1st run groove
champ groove
11x fb
pearly orc
ce leopard
avenger ss
pro d buzzz
star boss

I play alot of wooded courses that also have rivers or ponds in them. Most of the time it's under shrubery,in high trees,behind rocs,in water.

I found an unmarked quest disc yesterday - 10m Lazer or 100m Lazer something like that... the one with the dimpled wing, and pop top center.

I just left it in the club's lost and found bin.

Found:

Proto Star Champ Boss
CE Teebird (TL)

From the same guy I was playing behind... Mailing both back to him... He will be playing in the Lemon Lake tourney next month and really needs them

Ohhh... I just birdied...

Last edited:
^I was very very very tempted to keep these tasty bits of plastic... That's about $200 worth. The guy should thank my Philosophy degree. I couldn't find a suitable argument that would persuade me that it was alright to keep 'em.

I have a good one to post: I haven't been playing that long (serious now for only the last few months) and just recently lost me first disc - DX Wraith on hole 21 and Joseph Davis State Park in NY. Tried to go back and find it with no luck. I never have much luck finding discs, usually the people that I am playing with end up finding them when they lose their disc. The last time I went up to JD, sitting there right in front of the tee box is a beat up DX Eagle with dog bites on it. So basically I end up finding my first lost disc and losing my first disc at the same hole of a course I do not play all that often!

a 1x Beast is the old mold.

I've only found 1 disc and that was a couple of weeks ago at leagues. we were warming up and a club member thought he dropped a $20 somewhere on the first couple holes and we were helping him look. he spotted the disc in the creek and I clambered down to get it. It was a DX Firebird with no markings. I put it in the club's lost and found box. how do all you guys find all these discs? I know we've had arguments about lake dredging and about calling numbers but let's set that aside. where are you guys finding so many discs?

I don't find many, and the ones I do I return, but I use to find em by throwing really crappy shots;)
in the morning you can find em on the fairway from those that were cleared out at dusk.

found:
champ viking
champ boss
champ roadrunner
hookshot #3

lost:
11x teebird
11x whippet
11x eagle-L
d challenger
z predator
polaris

dx banshee
champ monster
c. sandstom valk x 2
orion ls driver x 2
champ destroyer
champ orc
star destroyer x 2
dx birdie
bar stamp cheetah
star xcaliber
dx viking

...i think that's what i've got so far, since disc huntin' season started.:thmbup:

Last edited:
I don't find as many as you'd think. I'm in the brush alot but it's my friend that has the knack for finding plastic. Just the other day at Chavez Ridge I did find a Pro Katana with a Jimi Hendrix dye and no ink on it tho.

found a 12x champ teebird and a champ monarch in the same week, no names or numbers. Gave the monarch to the gf to try out, and the teebird will make a good backup for mine if I lose it.

So far this is what I've found. All but one (the buzzz) were found on the new course in Pickerington, OH. That course will eat your disc if you happen to go off the fairway, grapevines and raspberry bushes everywhere.

Star Wraith - Returned
DX Wraith
1st Run Star Mako
Dyed Dicscraft Force
Champion Destroyer - Returned
ESP Buzzz - Returned