• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Play 9 holes with Greg Barsby

SoCalDg'r

Par Member
Went out to Hart Park the other day to play Suicide Flatts, and guess who stopped to play a round on their way to Vegas for the tournament this weekend, none other than Greg Barsby, his girlfriend, and a friend of his by the name of Matt, i didn't catch his last name, but i believe he was also a pro player, but not on team Discraft. To make a long story short, it was a bad ass round. They only had time to play the first 9. He took notice of a first run pink 165g nuke that i was throwing and wanted it for his girlfriend so he offered to trade me something for it. We went back to his pickup so he could find something to trade from his 200 some odd discs he had in the bed, but he really didn't have anything I wanted, when out of nowhere he reaches in and grabs a blank whit disc that is beat to hell and says to me "You want my proto nuke?" It took a moment to process what he was saying, but when he flipped it over and showed me where it said on the rim "test NUK 171 10/9" I just about **** my pants, he the proceeded to autograph it and write "sick bombs u-235" on it. Needless to say it is probably the most bad ass disc i will ever own. I would also like to note that it is not identical to the production runs, it is thinner overall, he said that it was changed before production to give it more glide so it would be less like a boss.

Matt Orum.........youngest player to win an A-tier in MPO. Also made the finals at worlds a few time.............oh and he has an 1100+ rated round.

1100-rated? Isn't that illegal or something? :D

hahaha - soon you ll be needing to register youself with the authorities for being bad ass dangerous with a circular piece of plastic.

Just wait til captain america movie comes out and then you will feel 1000 rated as you cruise down main street with you 'shield'

Yea Matt cranked one out 550' with a nuke, insane, never seen anyone bomb one like that in person.

Yeah I got to play with them last week as they were hanging out at Golden Gate Park in San Fran...cool guys. We talked a lot about course design and tournies.

Latest posts