• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Play It Again Sports

DJ Sticky Feet

Birdie Member
For you MN guys (or just in general) does the PIAS in blaine (or anywhere else) typically have good selection? Or should i spend my time somewhere else?

The one in woodbury is ok. I have heard the one in west st paul is the best because it is not far from acorn and kaposia. literally like 3 blocks from kaposia.

blaine is stocked with innova junk right now.. not much else slim picking IMO but fine for throwers if you like innova.

The one I've been to has no used discs and overpriced new ones. Depends on location I guess.

blaine in MN is mixed.. and you can bargin with them if you think a disc is over-priced they will sell it cheaper normally if the main guy is in there specially if you buy multiples. Few DC mixed in but lot less to pick from in the past few weeks than this summer. Sometimes people sell lots of discs at once to them but have not seen that in a while in blaine.

The one in woodbury is ok. I have heard the one in west st paul is the best because it is not far from acorn and kaposia. literally like 3 blocks from kaposia.

The one off Robert? By white castle? That one sucks. They have some innova. That's it. I live like 5 minutes away, haha. Never found anything good on the used rack either.

The one off Robert? By white castle? That one sucks. They have some innova. That's it. I live like 5 minutes away, haha. Never found anything good on the used rack either.

Thanks for the input. I will not make a trip up there then. I found a SE teebird and first run valkyrie at the one in woodbury. Have seen other SE stuff in their and a kc pro banshee, but all warped to heck. The Tbird and Valk i got were in dang good condition, but alas i got my use from them and have let them move on.

blaine in MN is mixed.. and you can bargin with them if you think a disc is over-priced they will sell it cheaper normally if the main guy is in there specially if you buy multiples. Few DC mixed in but lot less to pick from in the past few weeks than this summer. Sometimes people sell lots of discs at once to them but have not seen that in a while in blaine.

they have inked to **** dog bitten discs that are overpriced. i would hope they would come down on the price. i feel like the collectors hit up the blaine one though to try to prey on some oop. who am i kidding that is probably at every pias. was at the blaine one last week and they have a ton of dx and inked/spraypainted premium innovas. did see two 5/10 pds though

Thanks for the input. I will not make a trip up there then. I found a SE teebird and first run valkyrie at the one in woodbury. Have seen other SE stuff in their and a kc pro banshee, but all warped to heck. The Tbird and Valk i got were in dang good condition, but alas i got my use from them and have let them move on.

yeah, i usually go in there once a week or so; the used rack never really changed much this summer. there was a pink opto fuse, that was probably the most exciting thing i saw. it might be worth dropping by (dude gave me 7$ store credit for my vibram; it was funny because the guy who was there the week before said he wouldn't take it since nobody knew about it) for kicks if you're in the neighborhood. i'm not an OOP hunter, but i'm pretty sure i'd have noted if i saw something different than usual.

anyway, regarding PIAS, OP.

if you check out "air traffic" retail stores, they are a good alternative to finding discs at PIAS in my opinion. the one in rosedale mall surprised me. sorta by blaine-ish. not as good as burnsville's store, but full RACKS of 1.1 SOLFs, UV axis, QOLS, old "distance driver" stamped banshees, sort of cool stuff like that - things that get passed by because nobody who walks in there typically knows what they are looking for. i was pleasantly taken aback by their selection. no used discs - they had some of those down in burnsville, but they were all crap. if you are looking to make the trip, i'd call ahead with what you have in mind and ask if they've got it. much better selection than any PIAS i've been to.

i know it's way out of your way, but i thought it was pretty cool. they had stuff (the 1.1 solfs, namely) that GGGT and a bunch of other places don't.

This thread caught my eye so I figured I throw my two cents in ;)

I manage a PIAS in Longmont, CO. I owe my passion for disc golf to the store because when we first opened almost 8 years ago Winmark (the franchise owner) provided us with a "what to carry" guide and DG happened to be on it. I bought the first discs I ever threw just to be able to know a little bit about the sport. I just happened to become an addict.

Now that I've been throwing for those 8 years, what we carried originally is laughable, and exactly what you described. A bunch of Innova and not much else. Why? Because DG is still an extremely small sport! Once you're immersed in the world it obviously seems much bigger but look at it this way: the employees of those stores need to know just about everything about all the equipment for Baseball, Softball, Lacrosse, Hockey, Football, Wrestling, Ball Golf and Track and Field (I'm sure I'm missing some in there) in addition to fitness equipment like Treadmills, Ellipticals, Stationary Bikes and Strength Training Equipment. Unfortunately, Disc Golf generally takes a back seat, if the store carries it at all.

In my store we now carry the full line of Vibram, Latitude 64 and Innova and a good selection of Discraft, Gateway, Dynamic, Westside and MVP. I do special orders for anything we don't have on the shelf and guys do it all the time because we also have a disc loyalty program set up (by 10 get the 11th free). It'd be my recommendation to you guys to try and set up either a meeting or write a well written email to the store owner (I believe all the stores up there are locally owned) and approach them the way I approached my owners.

Let them see that DG = $$$ !!! Money talks, and DG is commanding more and more not only in sales, but also as a destination. I have customers coming from as far as a couple hours away because they travel to the courses in the area and shop while they do so. Our store also contributes a ton to local disc tourneys and leagues to help grow the sport. What goes around comes around fast in the world of DG.

Most stores can also use the education, enlighten them! Help them understand what's hot selling and why and why you think their stuff is overpriced. If you talk to the owner, or someone who cares about the welfare of the store (rather than just a regular employee) you'll be heard. And if you would like some help have them call the store in Longmont, CO for help. Ask for Andy (myself) or Chris (she's the owner). Together we've helped plenty of other PIAS's get started in DG or grow their market.

The one in Blaine is TERRIBLE. They charge like 6-7 bucks for trashed DX discs and the new prices for X outs are like 13 bucks for Champion. I went in with like 8 star and champ discs to see what he would give me and it was less then 2 bucks a disc. Literally 8 discs was like 14 dollars.

I stopped by there yesterday since my Dentist is next door. They had nothing. Bunch of trashed discs for overpriced money.

Seriously go down to GGGT. The prices are cheaper and the selection is about 10 times. Literally.

they have inked to **** dog bitten discs that are overpriced. i would hope they would come down on the price. i feel like the collectors hit up the blaine one though to try to prey on some oop. who am i kidding that is probably at every pias. was at the blaine one last week and they have a ton of dx and inked/spraypainted premium innovas. did see two 5/10 pds though

I agree, in yesterday and nothing at all. Saw a new X out Teebird, but 13 bucks, no thanks. If they charged reasonable prices they could move 2-3 times more stuff. I just went online and saved like 20 bucks.

Those PD's were P-lines though and thrashed.

GGGT is the place to go for better price and selection.

I agree, in yesterday and nothing at all. Saw a new X out Teebird, but 13 bucks, no thanks. If they charged reasonable prices they could move 2-3 times more stuff. I just went online and saved like 20 bucks.

Those PD's were P-lines though and thrashed.

GGGT is the place to go for better price and selection.

100% agree. i had a few mishaps with gggt but i still love em. yeah the pd were beat to f-word. why not spend $5 and get new. the blaine store is a miss for me for sure. ill go new and travel onward towards gggt and purchase new and know what the disc has been through

Dont forget the first run dx eagle, pre flight numbers coyote. I bought the SE leo but it flew bad, also got the 8x banshee and you could not of been more wrong about it. It was dirty and nasty on the surface to someone who might not be experienced in fixing ugly discs up and knowing how to remove surface dirt. I soaked it for a bit and took off 99% of the dirt, placed a book on top of the disc for a few days and it flattened right out because the old kc plastic was basically like dx. This is what the disc looks like these days after I made a $35 profit on it.

8x banshee by timj5304, on Flickr

The one I'm going to on Saturday carries a lot of oddball stuff. Mostly Innova and Discraft, but some DGA, Legacy, Gateway, MVP. They have GREAT deals on Gateway misprint stuff...like $5-7 great. I've also found Star Teebirds, Orcs and Leopards in the used bin.

One question, especially for the PIAS manager...is there a certain time of the week/year you see more variety in the used bin? I'm thinking with the holidays here, maybe people are selling off their used discs more.

The play it again that I go to has large selection of used discs! They also carry a nice selection of new discs and pretty much every manufacture. Play it again sports in Pineville NC is Awesome!