• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Play with any injuries?

I've had a few falls that have damaged my right wrist and created some post-trauma arthritis. I've had 2 surgeries to clean up the cartilage, and they severed a nerve to try to dull the pain. As long as I avoid bending my wrist back too far or too quickly, I'm just fine. But that means FH or overhead shots are out except for shorter distances. I have a hard time throwing a ball (pitching or football) for the same reason. BH shots don't bother me at all so that's my game.

I played a 4 round PDGA with a torn Tricep in my throwing arm in october. Needless to say my scores were awful.

I also played with a torn lat muscle over the summer but it was just rec rounds for fun.

Torn ligaments in my knee, as well as an off center patella that causes some aches and stiffness. Usually it only hurts after I get done with a few rounds

2 herniated discs in my spine. the lower 2, L4 & L5. Hurts down my right leg, makes me limp. Rollers really seem to agrivate it. I've been dealing with the pain for 9 months or more but have started seeing a Dr about it again and hope to take care of it. 1 round of golf hurts and 2 is very painfull.

I partially tore my MCL 4 points into an ultimate game, finished it and the season (it was our second of 12 games) without going to the doctor. I've played DG with sprained shoulders and ankles, and a bad back.

I killed both my ankles in a round at OG a couple years ago. They roll at the drop of a hat now, so there's that. Throwing shoulder is toast from an ill advised thumber. I do okay tho.

Broke my left ankle (plant) and leg in three places had to start throwing fh while still on crutches and then a boot still really tentative to plant and rough terrain course are a bad word.

I've played with a broken index finger on my right hand (I'm right handed). I've also played with a torn rotator cuff (right shoulder). This time I hurt my knee (right knee) but I don't think I'll be playing anytime soon with this injury. I think it's a strained ACL & MCL.

I think I should learn how to play lefty.

I'm taking some time off of disc golf with a broken ankle. I want to be 100% back for a doubles tournament in a month because my partner is awful.

I have a bad lower back and when I tweak it, i primarily throw RHFH because I have a run up with my RHBH (primary) and it helps to keep my scores semi-decent. I also have two bad ankles (sprained each over 20 times by now) and it sucks when I tweak one during a round because of a root or dip in the ground, but I just ignore them anyways :D

Scoliosis in my lower back has forced me to drive FH. 1 big BH hurts, but is manageable, 2 in row is normally game ending pain for me..

I think I just sprained my thumb playing basketball Friday night. I'll try and play sometime this week and if it hurts too much I'll just learn how to throw lefty.

I've played with a broken index finger on my right hand (I'm right handed). I've also played with a torn rotator cuff (right shoulder). This time I hurt my knee (right knee) but I don't think I'll be playing anytime soon with this injury. I think it's a strained ACL & MCL.

I think I should learn how to play lefty.

I did a little research. I currently have a strained ACL and hamstring....damaged my MCL though.

VIVA Vicodin!!

I learned not to play or push through a round with any "assistance" such as that - the next day can be a beast. I would rather feel the pain while I play.

I have a bad lower back, still uncertain if dg helps or hurts it. I putt with a slightly bent over stance which loads up the muscles in my lower back, two rounds a day max or I will throw it outta whack big time.

I try to get good and warmed up before any serious backhands these days. Often get some good snaps and pops while warming up.

I am 26 but have problems that of a 45-55 year old man. Knees with no cartilage, chipped bones in my ankle, torn ligaments, broken hand (throwing hand). The list can go on. I have run my body hard and there are days I pay for it but most of the time I rather deal with the pain then not play sports.

Latest posts