• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Player Pack Quality

What would you prefer?

• Highest quality item and receive one?

Votes: 62 89.9%
  • Lesser quality item and receive multiple items?

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters

NPCTour

Birdie Member
Would you prefer a players pack with higher quality items and receive just one or a players pack with lesser quality and receive multiple items.

This of course does not include Disc Golf Disc's. Dx - Champion

Think:
T-Shirts - Dryfit
Flexfit Hat - Velcro Mesh one size fits all
Hoodie - Windbreaker

I second this recommendation.

Oh, and VonD is missing again?!? Check DGR!

Nope, not over there. I checked the popular bangsheds too....maybe the unthinkable has happened....maybe he got a girlfriend and left us for real life.

I think a good question is what percentage of the enrty fee should the player pack appear to be worth? 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%

How about giving me a voucher so I have a choice? The choice might be quality or quantity depending on the tournament. No matter how nice is it, there's not much enjoyment of getting something really nice if you have sixteen of them already, or if its something that you don't really use.

Granted, I know for a lot of club ran events that don't have a good spread of merchandise, this isn't a realistic idea.

There's also tournaments where I wish we'd just dump the whole player's pack idea, charge an administration fee equivalent to the wholesale-retail markup of the player's pack merch, tack on the associated PDGA and local tour fees, and call it good for sake of keeping the entry fee cheap.

scrapfish-
good idea there, but my questions merely are aimed towards something I am brewing of course. I can see your idea working for a C or B-tier event.
I am interested in something like a USDGC, WORLDS, type event where everyone gets a players pack for qualifying.
Lots of good things come from the USDGC players pack and people rave over the quality items in there such as the HukLab Hoodie or vest given.

scrapfish-
good idea there, but my questions merely are aimed towards something I am brewing of course. I can see your idea working for a C or B-tier event.
I am interested in something like a USDGC, WORLDS, type event where everyone gets a players pack for qualifying.
Lots of good things come from the USDGC players pack and people rave over the quality items in there such as the HukLab Hoodie or vest given.
Well with that in mind, at those type of events, I would certainly expect something beyond the ordinary.

My last B-tier, the Volunteer Classic, we got a champ glow disc, dri fit t-shirt, glass mug from a local brewery, scorecard clipboard, maybe a few other things. Best player pack I've seen!!

Glass mug from local brewery. Awesome. I wish local businesses did that around here. If they supported us I'd support them more.

Quality would seem to be a no-brainer. I don't know too many golfers who would like to get a bunch of stuff they have already gotten many times at previous tournaments. One nice signature item will be for more useful / memorable for the participant.

Quality.

Though I'm not particularly enamored with players packs at all, if I must receive one I really don't need my 40th tournament-stamp tee-shirt. Dry-fit with a cool logo beats 5 tacky tees.

How about giving me a voucher so I have a choice? The choice might be quality or quantity depending on the tournament. No matter how nice is it, there's not much enjoyment of getting something really nice if you have sixteen of them already, or if its something that you don't really use.

Granted, I know for a lot of club ran events that don't have a good spread of merchandise, this isn't a realistic idea.

There's also tournaments where I wish we'd just dump the whole player's pack idea, charge an administration fee equivalent to the wholesale-retail markup of the player's pack merch, tack on the associated PDGA and local tour fees, and call it good for sake of keeping the entry fee cheap.

This was done at last weekends tournament, we all got a voucher we could use, and could add it to any winnings if you wanted for a more desired item.

I always try and do something different with player packs. Right now for the CHAINSAW Classic AM players have a choice between a Dri Fit shirt or a Supercolor Buzzz. Players must preregister for the shirts.

Of the 50 or so AM players 39 took shirts, 12 took discs but about 15 players opted to add an additional $15 to their player fee and get both a disc and a shirt.

Glass mug from local brewery. Awesome. I wish local businesses did that around here. If they supported us I'd support them more.

Stuff like this is good. Little things make a difference. A coupon for a free milkshake (with purchase of cheeseburger) from a local resturant can be a tiny addition to a swag bag. It benefits businesses and the disc golfers.

For a massive event like worlds I would expect 2 custom discs, something special like a limited run of disc in a different plastic or a sparkle disc with an awesome stamp. I don't care so much for the clothing, but last year at AM worlds I bet they damn sure would have appreciated a 30 cent rain poncho in thier players pack.

Latest posts