• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Player Profile

34 y/o, and been playing ~ 5 years. I've played sports my entire life (golf, baseball, football, hockey, weight lifting, wrestling, bowling, etc) and consider myself to have a fairly athletic build (6'5" & 210lbs). I'm rated 970 and used to max out on distance 450-500'. I play about once a week now, and don't practice at all. I used to get out about 4-5 times a week. Never did field work, and the only putting practice I really do is warming up before rounds.

*For the last 15 months I've been battling injury, so I haven't competed really at all. I'm certain my distance and scoring have suffered because of it.

I'm 22, been playing about 3 months. Only throw about 550 on golf lines, but poppped one 676.2 into the wind the other day with bad footing. I putt about 12 times a week. Haven't ever played a rated round, but I figure most are around 1028. Haven't played any other sports other than water polo, rock climbing, soccer, jai alai, snowboard-cross, and ninja warrior.

p.s. Gluten free and peanut allergy.

I'm 22, been playing about 3 months. Only throw about 550 on golf lines, but poppped one 676.2 into the wind the other day with bad footing. I putt about 12 times a week. Haven't ever played a rated round, but I figure most are around 1028. Haven't played any other sports other than water polo, rock climbing, soccer, jai alai, snowboard-cross, and ninja warrior.

p.s. Gluten free and peanut allergy.

Can I have your autograph? Haha

I was born March 10, 1940, I'm 20.

I am the greatest disc golfer ever. Ken Climo averts his eyes when someone thinks of me.

I will roundhouse kick a disc for a one for any course when I play.

If this isn't enough information, <KICK>.

Uncle-Rico.jpg

Last edited:
I'm 48 and have been playing about 19 years although I used to play much more than I do now. I also had a back injury about 10 years ago that has never gotten back to where it was beforehand. I play about once a month in the summer and a bit more in the fall and winter. I have a basket where I work and occasionally throw putters into it. I also have wide open fields all around my work and throw in the field maybe a half dozen times a year. I throw roughly 300 on a golf line and only slightly more when throwing all out.

I have played dozens of sanctioned events over the years but only 0-3 per year over the last 5-6 years. My current rating is 963. I own/run a top rated course and virtually never have time to play it.

I played basketball in high school.

I am 45 y/o, in fairly decent shape (5'8" 155lbs) and playing a into my 4th year. I have always been involved in some sort of individual type sport (running, road or mountain biking, racquetball). I am not a team sport sort of guy. Guess I never really caught the bug. I throw with accuracy to about 355'. Putting practice occurs about 3 times per week with 1 day usually (if I can work it in to family life). Most week I get about 4 rounds in. If work is slow, I will throw a putter round over lunch. My major goal for last summer was to putt 25' in at 85% and to pass a 300' throw. I am trying this summer to extend my putting to 35', add distance and some accuracy to the short game. I have yet to play a tournament. I hope to start hitting some leagues and then try a tournament next summer.

I'm 55, have played almost 20 years, am over the hill, and startled to realize that the hill was so small. I live on a disc golf course but don't play it often. My distance, if that word can be used for it, peaked at age 44 and my rating at 51, neither of which my mind accepts when I stand on a tee facing a water carry, so my hobby is filling a pond with beloved drivers.

I'm 25 years old, still in ok shape but a little overweight. I started playing about 1 month ago. I've been playing a solid 2-3 times each week and out of the dozen rounds I've played this site says my rating would be around 780-800 (best round being 876 last week). I can throw around 250'-300' but haven't quite found the throw yet (especially with drivers). Haven't played in a tournament yet but I'm excited to try a casual trilogy event later this summer.

I've been playing for 6 years. I'll be 44 next month. No athletic background, overweight smoker who gets about 4-5 hours sleep a night. Started playing to hang out with an old buddy. First throw I decided I could do that better and never stopped throwing. Thajlt first year I played 2-3 rounds a day 3-5 days a week all through winter.
Now I'm 1-2 times a week. I throw an accurate 280-320. I might touch 370 once in a while. I have a basket in the ground in my backyard but I don't use it nearly often enough. Much of my play happens in the early morning some I am accustomed to playing alone or with my sons or my aforementioned buddy. My best tournament round was a 940-something. My rating proper floats in the 850 -860 range. My casual rounds are better by far. Mental game. That's my rolling stone.
Cheers

My name is Austin... "Hey Austin" (in unison)

I'm 17 years old and have been playing for around four and a half years. I can throw upwards of 500 ft. but have never really measured. My rating is 1002 currently but am starting to really step up my game. I practice putting maybe twice a week and play 2-3 casual rounds a week with 2-4 that come with tournaments on the weekends. I have won a junior world championship and 9 open tournaments including an A tier. I have played sports all my life from basketball to soccer and wrestling.

I'm 24, been playing for 12 years. Recently quit smoking and cut out the heavily processed foods which helped drop some useless pounds off. Played Ball golf my Freshman year of highschool, XC and track my Sophomore-Senior years. Ran a little bit of back-road distance after high school. I try to take my kayak out whenever I get the chance and get a little exercise there.
Disc golf: On average, I probably get out and play at least a couple rounds of 9 four times a week. I have a personal practice basket I use about 2-3 times a week for putt practice. Field work about once a week, usually on days I can't make it to the course or on windy days (+30mph) I have learned how to use these Kansas winds after about 3 or 4 windy field days.
Last time I played in a tournament was over 5 years ago but I do plan on getting back into the tournament scene, asap! Not quite sure what my rating would be, never have been a PDGA member but if the DGCR rating is anything close, it has been around a 990. I can hit 350 accurately, 400-450 pretty accurately and 450-550 is a reach but the lack of accuracy isn't worth the distance. I keep improving every day. I effing LOVE this sport!!!!

26 years old from Sweden, about 6'1", 190 lbs.
Played for about 4 years, throw about 450 maxed out.
I play as often as I can, about 3-6 times a week.
Rated 942.
Practice putts as warm up before round, if there's time.

Well, I'll start out by saying that I don't have a pdga rating yet, I'm not a member just yet, hopefully next year I won't have to travel as much and can play more tournaments.

But I'm 26, about 6'2" 215 and used to play college and semi pro baseball. I was a pitcher and corner infielder.

I have had several sports related injuries, but a broken femur and torn ACL in one leg are the ones that bother my some in DG.

I mainly throw sidearm, since I was a sidearm pitcher and it came pretty naturally. Forehand drives are 400-450 with a few past that on a good day. Backhand is only 330-360 but I gain a little distance with every few weeks in the field.

I throw in the field for about an hour 2-4 times a week and usually play once a week, but usually multiple rounds. This week I played two days and a total of 96 holes. 60 one day 36 the next.

Since I'm not a member I don't have an official rating but using our local clubs tools I shoot rounds in the low to mid 900s most of the time.

I'm 35 years old, and have been playing just under two years. 5'8" tall, 155lbs. Played baseball and wrestled throughout high school, and continued playing baseball until just a couple of years ago. A recent back injury stopped me from playing baseball, and lately Plantar Fasciitis in both feet has slowed down my golf game. Also, just had a baby almost 7 months ago, so tourney play has also slowed for me.

PDGA #54900, currently 922 rated. 330' max golf distance, with my average drives more like 300-310' with good accuracy RHBH. Field practice five times a week for an hour, alternating drivers, mids, and specialty shots (RHFH, OH, etc) daily. Putting practice in the early evening at least four times per week for about 30 mins. each time. I'll be lucky if I play a real round of disc golf once every two weeks.

Latest posts