• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Playin' in the Rain.

I personally prefer dirt teepads to concrete teepads in most conditions. At least with dirt, you know to wear cleats in all conditions. With concrete, you're screwed when it is wet or icy.

This may be a topic for another thread, but I've always thought that wearing cleats on a dg course was frowned upon. Cleats on a muddy teepad will tear it up for future use when it dries, doesn't it? ...leaving ruts, etc.?

1)fill your bag with mud.
2)swear as much as possible
3)kicking your bag from time to time helps
4)if none of this seems to work, threaten never to play this silly game again.
5)if i were you i wouldn't listen to a word i just said. it's rain, it just happens. hold yourself with the same confidence in your game in or out of the rain. just play your game.

funny you mentioned shamwow...they suck!! we tried 'em this past weekend at a tourney in NY

I wonder if it has to be wet to work properly just like a regular leather chamois. (?sp) After the rain I played in last last weekend I'm considering stashing an old chamois in my bag. I dryed my discs till the towel was as wet as the discs. Then the only thing the towel was good for was wiping most of the mud away.

Speaking of mud, I've found those tennis shoe hikers to be the best for a round on a wet and muddy course. (Of course I had to fall and slide face down after a shot to figure that one out. Learning for me is often embarrassing:p)

Looks like I'll playing in the rain tomorrow...anybody think it would help to wear my Under Amour glove which are close to receiver gloves?

I played 2 really fun rounds in the rain at our monthly this weekend. I still subscribe to not fighting the inevitable wetness. Accept it and adjust.

I did lose by 1 point which I attribute to not taking my bag off on a 5 foot putt and shanking. So stupid.

I wonder if it has to be wet to work properly just like a regular leather chamois. (?sp) After the rain I played in last last weekend I'm considering stashing an old chamois in my bag. I dryed my discs till the towel was as wet as the discs. Then the only thing the towel was good for was wiping most of the mud away.

Speaking of mud, I've found those tennis shoe hikers to be the best for a round on a wet and muddy course. (Of course I had to fall and slide face down after a shot to figure that one out. Learning for me is often embarrassing:p)

The microfibre towels work well. Even when they get damp, they remove most of the moisture. Use two: I keep one that I use to dry the disc as much as possible (asn this one will get wet), and a second to wipe just wear I intend to grip it. The second towel won't get wet hardly at all and you'll always have a dry spot to hang onto.

Fade towel doesnt work great.

One course I go to has rubber mats for tees and they are absolutely horrible when wet and would rather not have them still when dry.

Waterproof boots, hat with a brim- Absolute must. Umbrellas are for tourists & wimps. (140+ days a year of rain here in Oregon)

One of my favorite rounds was Thanksgiving morning this year. Pouring down rain, everyone added about 5 strokes, but it was a blast.

For cold weather I like the fingerless gloves with the mitten part that folds over. Keeps your hands warm while walking, and I throw just as badly with them on as I do not when not wearing them.

I just bit the bullet and ventured out into the overcast, rainy, less than 40 degree weather yesterday and I geared up.

Skiing socks + Waterproof shoes/boots PLUS... wait for it... Toe Hotties.. like hot hands but with an adhesive to stick to your sock. = Heaven, plain and simple.

I also bundled up layers with the outermost layer being an insulated pant/shirt or water resistant jacket, etc.

i love microfiber towels, but if i know its gonna be wet, next time i'm bringing a chamois, its the onlyway 2 towels would make a round with the ability of actually drying discs
for slick concrete pads, you can have a 3rd towel and lay it down on the teepad and use it for your footing (it is legal on the teepads)
good luck stayin dry, i think a cart with an umbrella holder would work the best... but when you get to your lie chances are the branches will soak you just the same, but keep your feet dry - boots, waterproof socks?, when i played soccer the mexican refs used plastic bags over their socks, inside shoes... that works great, but looks goofy, in a pinch its the shizzz
could try a rain coat... but long sleeves bother me, so i'm unsure about a heavy rain coat, a trash bag with 3 holes would be much less of a hindrance... but would snag/tear easy on wooded courses
nice ideas about a birdie bag, i'll have to give it a shot
i have issues with my fingers pruning up after a full round in the rain, the 2nd round feels brutal on worn skin,
depending on your bag, either cover it always and only put clean discs in - or like my bag its just easier to keep mud out, but leave the drying until your going to throw that particular disc
bring ziploc bags for cigs, cell phone etc
if its a 2 rounder, a change of clothes and shoes is priceless
i dont mind being wet, but thinner clothing weighs lot less when wet, instead of a sweatshirt wear a long sleeve tshirt, once its wet temp will be the same, but much less interference
cleats work great, i use an astroturf type cleat so i dont dig ruts - i wouldnt do that to a nice lawn course, but most our courses seem to be muddy most the time anyways

i'll try to think of more, but just plan ahead to be wet, if thats an issue, stay home and play on DGCR

The Bubble Bunch had the right idea.

557_1.jpg

ZOLTAN!

Yes, the Snuggie. Robe worn by the highest ranking of the Templar Disc Golfers...

LOL I read that earlier and, no joke, my mom texted me asking if the fiance or I got any of the kids "that hooded blanket with sleeves" and I chuckled and replied "NO"

She is thinking about it.

A sunggie and a viking helmet would be the best.

I bet you would show up all over the internet if you golfed in that.