• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Please help Columbia, MO disc golfers

jamela1989

I started playing disc golf about 2 months ago. I really enjoy the game, but have not gotten a technique down yet. I have been searching for someone to contact who can just spend a few hours with me to help me with my technique. I would really like to improve my skills and be able to play with other people without having to use a kiddie score : / . I have talked to people about finding a beginners group, but they suggested the best thing would be to practice with a professional or find a clinic. If anyone could help, or put me in contact with someone who can, that would be great. Thanks so much

I started playing disc golf about 2 months ago. I really enjoy the game, but have not gotten a technique down yet. I have been searching for someone to contact who can just spend a few hours with me to help me with my technique. I would really like to improve my skills and be able to play with other people without having to use a kiddie score : / . I have talked to people about finding a beginners group, but they suggested the best thing would be to practice with a professional or find a clinic. If anyone could help, or put me in contact with someone who can, that would be great. Thanks so much

Find George Smith who is the best Pro in the area or even Fred Garvers and ask them for some tips.

Thats a good idea, but I cannot even find their email addresses or anything.

Ask someone out at the course who looks like they know what's up.

They are well know players around there and most locals know them and I'm sure many know how to get in touch.

I had George's number but lost my phone not too long ago.

I have to agree with Jamela1989. I have also been looking to see if there is anywhere in this area for someone to help fellow disc golfers with their game.
I am addicted to the game despite the fact that my drives both forehand and backhand suck!
Yes,I do go out and practice throwing in a field but it sure would be nice to have someone there to show me and tell me what I am doing wrong.
I know the game would be much more enjoyable if I had better drives (read - more distance)but I have never seen or heard of anyone offering lessons.
I know that some say go and play with other disc golfers who are better than you(that wouldn't take much of a search ;) )I have done that and my experience has been that when they ask you I will tell them that my drives are not very good. Trying to give them warning before I play. I guess they must think that I can't always drive 400ft as opposed to my normal 300ft. No! When I say my drives are bad I am talking more about 200ft on average.Once we start playing I am usually so nervous about screwing up that I usually do and once they see that my drives suck they start walking off when they are through with there shots,not waiting for me to finish . My advice to those who ask someone to play and they tell you they are not very good is after you see them play and they aren't very good,either offer to help them or don't freaking ask them to play!I have had this happen to me twice. Ask me to play and then walk off when they see I'm not so good.
bastards..
But I digress.. I would love to know of any type of classes to learn how to get more distance on your drives .. I am sure I am not the only one.
I want to play in some tournaments but not with the way I play right now.
Wow..I sure feel better...
Sorry Jamela1989,I didn't mean to hijack your post. I hope you find someone to help you out!

Last edited:
Video recording yourself will tell you a lot since you can't really see yourself and might not realize what you are actually doing(vids don't lie). Vids from the side and behind are the best angles, and throwing putters/mids/fairway drivers. You can post it and get helpful advice. There are several good tutorial vids on youtube if you have not seen them as well as other technique resources online.

Latest posts