• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Please Sign Petition to Save a Course

Donovan

Longview Disc Golf Association (TX)
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Please help us in the DFW Area.

All signatures are helpful.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/143/202/232/save-bear-creek-disc-golf/

One of our older and very beautiful courses is under attack of being shortened from 18 wonderful holes to 9, so that the city can put in another Dog Park. This is one of our DFW Traditional courses and one that most everyone loves to play at. We need 10,000 signatures, so if you have just one extra minute (that is all this takes), please help us try and save this course.

They already have one dog park in the same vicinity. We need dog parks, but not at the expense of losing a disc golf gem like Bear Creek in Grapevine TX.

Thanks for any support at all.

They need the area it takes for 9 whole holes to make a dog park? That's either ridiculous or it would be a ****ing epic dog park.

I vote for 18*

Done. Also added a comment (politely) asking that if someone were to come propose a disc course that could only be opened if a pre-existing dog park needed to be taken down, would they do that? I sure as hell would, but we all know the real truth though.....

Done. Good luck with this. I like dogs but I'm guessing that Texas is not hurting for places to let them run (unlike, say, Manhattan).

Thanks so much, I hope we everyone who can sign does AND thanks for posting that you did this to help keep this post moving to the top for others that may have not seen it. Even if only for a few days, it will make a big difference.

-Donovan

I signed, but as a dog owner I realize that they simply might have more people on their side. Hope it works out for you guys.

You might want to mobilize your local club on this to teach people what kind of comments to post. Nothing too terrible in there but certainly some stuff that would raise eyebrows.

They are already have one dog park and creating another one at another park. They don't need to destroy this Disc Golf park to add a 3rd Dog park. There are other parks in this town that can be segregated without disrupting what is already in place. This is one of the oldest Disc Golf courses in the metroplex with that great design appeal. It would be a shame to see it go. That is why we are trying to rally behind this one in particular.

And yes, kind and thoughtful comments would go much further than harsh ones. Thanks.

Signed. Good luck to you Donovan. We had a similar situation last year at Will Rogers DGC in OKC. We were able to save our historic course via an online petition as well as some support from local politicians. Hopefully yours will be successful as well. I'll get the word out here as we've just gone through this. It can happen. We can institute change.

Hope it helps, Donovan. Bear Creek looks and sounds like a course that I'd definitely want to play if ever in the area.