• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Poll: How often do you wash your discs?

How often do you wash your discs?

• After every round

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Once every few rounds

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • Once in a blue moon

Votes: 84 49.4%
  • What a weird question. Who washes discs anyway.

Votes: 61 35.9%

• Total voters
Every few rounds I wipe them down with baby wipes and towel them off. I do like the feel of a clean disc.

Interesting that you are the first person in this thread who, like me, washes them to get them to feel better. Just kinda odd.

Yeah, different strokes and all that. I've been doing it since I can remember.

Like anything else, if it gets dirty I wash it.

I probably wash mine more in the winter because of the snow and mud.

I wash them in the kitchen sink with dish soap and warm water and then dry them off and put them back in the bag.

Same here, just no soap. Definitely more in winter and spring. But my two local courses don't drain well so it's muddy pretty often. Gotta keep my pretties looking good.

You should really wash your balls more often than that! :| :sick: :gross: :D

BnM in tub with lids:

world-frisbee-champion-in-the-bathtub-of-frisbees-picture-id540545574

I really with you hadn't photoshopped that mustache on my face :(

Pretty much never. I just wipe them down as needed while playing.

I clean the dirty ones as needed. Sometimes I will clean the less dirty ones. I always do a full soap and water scrub on discs that I am pretty sure went into poison ivy or poop. Sometimes I will dump my bag out and give them a bath with the hose.

My favorite soap is Boraxo powdered hand soap, it really helps you to get in there and give the disc a deep cleaning.

For my grip I prefer a clean disc.

Haven't washed my discs in over a decade and don't understand why people do. Washing them changes the feel of them in a way that makes them
Not feel like mine anymore. The closest thing to washing them for me is when I play an early morning round and it's dewy or I play in the rain

All of this talk of dew or rain is just nonsense. I guess if you have that stuff where you live then they sort of get washed all of the time. For those in dry, arid climates the only time a disc will see water is if you wash it or shank it into a pond.

Only once in a blue moon.

Now then here are examples. If I am coloring a new disc with a sharpie or in future disc dye. I got two Proline Titanic of the same color and the closer putter got a blue sharpie on the top and I tried to do originally with sky blue sharpie a water, rubbing alcohol thing to the disc. I also clean them with water and sometimes soap once in a blue moon for Mud soap more for geese and ducks when winter whether can happen when no snow/water. Impact I sometimes have to clean the rim as the disc will get dirt trapped in there that lets the disc get US in flight due the Hatchmarks not working the way they should.

Last edited:
Only wash discs after I know they've been in poison ivy.

From my own sad experience:
One note of caution, NEVER wash waxy/grippy discs (especially CE) with soap and water.
I believe this weakens the disc by removing the binder from the plastic.
At any rate, I washed a few CE discs to get them ready to sell and they all cracked within a few weeks.

This is the truth, even just enough time in water will do this. I put a 2nd run TL in the drink in my backyard course and pulled it out a year later. It felt more like dx plastic after its prolonged soak and broke in two with its first tree hit. I kept comparing the feel to my other CE discs and it was weird how it had morphed to feeling almost identical to dx from that buttery smooth CE goodness.

All of this talk of dew or rain is just nonsense. I guess if you have that stuff where you live then they sort of get washed all of the time. For those in dry, arid climates the only time a disc will see water is if you wash it or shank it into a pond.

Not necessarily, those in the Prairie states and Canadian Provinces/areas of Provinces will see that every so often. In winter in some parts they get washed every time if one has snow.

Last edited:
The one time I washed my discs I regretted it. Every single one felt different until they got a little dirty.... never again!

Latest posts