• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Poll: How often do you wash your discs?

How often do you wash your discs?

• After every round

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Once every few rounds

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • Once in a blue moon

Votes: 84 49.4%
  • What a weird question. Who washes discs anyway.

Votes: 61 35.9%

• Total voters
I'll only use soap on a disc if it gets into pine sap, or something else that won't come off easily with just water. Poison ivy and poo would both qualify, but fortunately I don't find myself in those very often.

Im not personally sensitive to poison oak. I have had some discs that just don't seem to have the grip brand new and in my own mind there must be some releasing agent or something from the molding and I wash them. That's about it. If they land in wet goose poop or turkey or a cow pie I'll probably wash them, but even then i'll waste a towel or two and water seems to be enough.

I'll only use soap on a disc if it gets into pine sap, or something else that won't come off easily with just water. Poison ivy and poo would both qualify, but fortunately I don't find myself in those very often.

Poison Ivy is a problem for me but not as bad as others it only stays where the juice touched on my skin. The Poison Oak is much worse but fortunately with that plant the leaves need to be ripe with some red/brown color on the green leaf. I only one time had a bad experience with Poison Oak and Disc Golf, the leaves were early on just into being ripe. With Poison Oak I need Dawn in the most concentrated forms.

Poison Ivy is a problem for me but not as bad as others it only stays where the juice touched on my skin. The Poison Oak is much worse but fortunately with that plant the leaves need to be ripe with some red/brown color on the green leaf. I only one time had a bad experience with Poison Oak and Disc Golf, the leaves were early on just into being ripe. With Poison Oak I need Dawn in the most concentrated forms.

ALERT*** More Casey misinformation. I try to ignore it, but as usual, this is information that someone could believe and it could cause harm. :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

The oil (not juice) from poison ivy or poison oak is present throughout the lifespan of these plants. Including in the winter when they drop their leaves, the stems can still contain and spread the oil (Urushiol). The "ripeness" of these plants is not an indicator of their ability to transfer the oil to another surface.

Casey, if you wish to dispense medical advice, please spend the couple moments to at least consult the Google.

I wash mine every couple of weeks. Extremely hot here and I need to remove the sweat and oils. I let the disc sit in hot water + dish soap. Not only does it clean them, it also helps bring them back closer to the stability they had when new.

I usually wash my discs before every roadtrip which is about 4 or 5 times a year. I have found the discs are easier to spot when i go into tall grass or thick rough if I remove some of the grime that accumulates on the disc over time. Also I have found that warm water and these SOS pads help take some of the sheen or slickness off the surface of the disc. I gets excited about my clean discs.

Attachments

• 20200802_070312.jpg
    20200802_070312.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200802_071542.jpg
    20200802_071542.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 23
My towel almost always takes care of anything the course can do to my Discs right there on the spot. A few holes are near some muck here. It's rare when I even need to do that. Yesterday I let a friend use my towel to clean some muck off a putter that went too aggressively past a basket at Vicksburg Recreation Area on #10, for example. I have washed some of my Discs in the sink once or twice over the years, so I chose "Once in a blue moon."

ALERT*** More Casey misinformation. I try to ignore it, but as usual, this is information that someone could believe and it could cause harm. :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

The oil (not juice) from poison ivy or poison oak is present throughout the lifespan of these plants. Including in the winter when they drop their leaves, the stems can still contain and spread the oil (Urushiol). The "ripeness" of these plants is not an indicator of their ability to transfer the oil to another surface.

Casey, if you wish to dispense medical advice, please spend the couple moments to at least consult the Google.

I said the wrong thing, I forgot the correct name for it at the time Oil. :mad:

The other part of the Poison Oak is true but the oils affect me most when the leaves of the Poison Oak are Turing a red/brown color with the green still on them.

I am :mad: at myself not you ru4por.

Last edited:

The other part of the Poison Oak is true but the oils affect me most when the leaves of the Poison Oak are Turing a red/brown color with the green still on them.

Casey, the issue isn't that you made "an" errant post, or misspoke. It's that you have a consistent, well-established pattern of doing so.

We're all human and make mistakes from time to time, but the frequency with which you post inaccurate statements is remarkable.

If you want to help anyone who reads your posts...

Spend more time researching your facts, and less rambling from one incoherent thought to the next.

< gets pummelled with rotten produce

I live in the Northwest and prefer to do the majority of my playing in the winter. So they get plenty wet and the towel cleans everything off. Good to go.

Don't listen to these haters, Casey. They're a bunch of disc washers anyway. :|

most folks think were stupid for carrying 15-20 frolf disks anyways

and if we were to give our entire bag a bubble bath

DFW has the slimmyist black clay. It's fine if it's dry and even if it's just damp. If it gets saturated, it's slick and gets on everything. If I notice it's becoming one with my discs, they get a bath. If not, the morning dew can make the discs slippery all over again on the next round. Otherwise... no.