• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Poll: Power Putter or Finesse Putter

Power Putter or Finesse Putter

• Power..I bang chains

Votes: 70 32.9%
  • Touch..I finesse it home

Votes: 143 67.1%

• Total voters
I tend to slam it in with a hybrid spin/push putt. I use a 400 series PA1 for circle work and a 350 PA3 for most outside putts.

More often touch....or a 'pizza toss' with touch.....I put with Pa3 or PA1 SE. Also carry 400 PA4 Pa1....mostly putt putt with SE Pa3 Pa1 though.

happy moderate. sounds silly but i am definitely not one or the other. i am an assertive putter and currently using kc aviars. may switch to XT if i can get my hands on them and enjoy them.

i would say im more of a finese spush putter .. banging them with Protege Clozers .. well i dunno know that i think about it lol .. i do hit the chains pretty hard but i dont putt very hard if that makes sense at all :eek:

CT Challengers, Power. Shoot from the Hip, Lots of spin.

Soft spush with Organic Wizards. Trust the LSS and loft it in... If I miss it's not going far.

Pretty soft pitch putt with SS Warlocks. Just fast enough for it to arc a minimal amount, but definitely not a laser.

i do both, just depends on the situation.
for banger: i have 3 judges
for finesse: aviar, and soft judge

dx aviar all day. and im in the middle

well recently i throw a gstarrr aviarD and only that. works out well for me. it doesnt feel like a toy compared to the kcp aviar

I smash the chains on 5 footers! Outside of that, I'm a fairly gentle push putter with Wizards, currently Dog Toy proto Wizards.

I got 2 MVP Eclipse Soft Proton Anodes. If I'm in the circle they are going in fast. Outside of the circle it's my Neutron Envy with a gentle hyzer:thmbup:

If it is inside the circle, I putt hard with a Medium Dagger. On long putts, I will float a little more but still with a Medium Dagger.

I'm a bit of both, depending on the day and my commitment to the round. Generally more finesse than power though. Wizards are the weapon of choice.

I have a friend who is the living definition of a power putter. I've seen the basket shake when he smacks the chains. But when he misses, he really misses and ends up adding an extra stroke or two.

Latest posts