• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Portland area must plays

elevated plastic

Double Eagle Member
I'm heading back to Portland in a couple weeks. While the lady plays the womens usdgc i'm looking for some fun courses to play. I've played Milo, Pier Park, Rooster, Hornings, Dabney, and Timber. Im playing Blue Lake with my woman for her practice rounds and i'm for sure getting atleast one round in at Milo. Are there any must plays within an hour or so of Portland that I haven't played yet? Looking to get 3-4 more courses in. Even if it a couple hours if the course is worth it let me know. Thanks...

Yep, Stub Stewart for sure....otherwise, it looks like you have covered the Portland metro pretty well. The rest of the metro courses are pretty tame compared to what you have listed. It might also be worth checking out Trojan too....

Play Stub in the morning and then Hornings on your way back to Portland. Send me a message if you want some company/spotter (which is very helpful at Stub).

Couple hours, Dexter is worth it. Roseburg is a BIG stretch, but Whistler Bend is fantastic. There are some courses around the Albany area, but I've never played them. If you go a few hours north. You have SeaTac and for me, it's one of the best ever. I played with the WA state champ (2 yrs ago) and he shot a +6. He was on cloud 9 after shooting "such a low score". There is also Stillicom, but after SeaTac, the rest just don't come close.

I've played Dexter and Whistlers. Whistlers was epic, but Dexter didn't do much for me. I'll check out stub and trojan I suppose. Thanks for the answers. Liver I'll send you a message when it comes closer and see if you're available to guide for stub. I'm on the fence about hornings again. Don't get me wrong Hornings is great, but it's alot of golf to play solo.

If you decide to do adair or bryant (albany, or) shoot me a pm. Well, adair navigates well with a map. Bryant is trickyer

Thx extra but I already played those and i'm wanting to check out some new courses. I enjoyed Bryant and will play it again some day.

Check out my played list of Oregon and I will be happy to explain any of the 45+ courses I have played if you have questions.

Trojan, Lucky Mud(in wash but worth it), and others. just a sense of distance out here 100 miles from Portland in Eugene to the south and Olympia to the north or an Hour and a Half. would show you around but will be working Worlds here.

Hippy007

There is an unlisted 6 hole course in Oakland, Oregon. It has some nice baskets, Bentley's I think there called.

Latest posts