• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

328' forced carry? Where's the bail-out/drop zone?

Straight at the pin need at least 290' to keep it dry. You can bailout anywhere on the left at least 150' to keep trees from interfering on approach, and for a drop zone the forward tee is on land with the water still on the right.

My last good photo of the season before the trees dumped their leaves. Nov 15th
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20211115_140216a.jpg
    20211115_140216a.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 306
Love the rock cairns![emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to be rude, but I'm sick and tired of rock cairns everywhere.
I'm OK with 1 or 2 here or there, but some places (especially beaches) they are everywhere you look. :wall:

Not to be rude, but I'm sick and tired of rock cairns everywhere.
I'm OK with 1 or 2 here or there, but some places (especially beaches) they are everywhere you look. :wall:

Phttttttt! [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

heard of 17 to 19 in some areas of the tc

beautiful pic

is that the willow

Correctemundo. Best winter course because they clean the walking path religiously, which means a better "alternate" tee pads on most holes than in July(the tee pads here are waaay too short and uneven with the ground). Willows safaris well.

Correctemundo. Best winter course because they clean the walking path religiously, which means a better "alternate" tee pads on most holes than in July(the tee pads here are waaay too short and uneven with the ground). Willows safaris well.

ohh yah i feel that completely

i only played there in the summer and i thought it might get windy with it being so in the open and the lake

we do the road/paved/alt tee idea only on one hole up in central mn

I'll admit I am a founding member of the "get off my lawn" club. :gross:

Not sure it would make any difference, but all of my cairns are on my course, on my land. Some have a history, I saw something special there, felt something special, marking a turn in a seldom used trail, an uncommon wildflower, etc. Most of them are quartz, colors running the gamut from clear crystal to orange to rose and red. Some delicate and a foot tall, others very large stones and over five feet.... all dry stacked and all eccentrically built.... looking as if gravity forgot it's job. Kinda found art for me. Something to do with my OCD. [emoji106][emoji41]

Not sure it would make any difference, but all of my cairns are on my course, on my land. Some have a history, I saw something special there, felt something special, marking a turn in a seldom used trail, an uncommon wildflower, etc. Most of them are quartz, colors running the gamut from clear crystal to orange to rose and red. Some delicate and a foot tall, others very large stones and over five feet.... all dry stacked and all eccentrically built.... looking as if gravity forgot it's job. Kinda found art for me. Something to do with my OCD. [emoji106][emoji41]

The first time I saw a rock stack I thought it was sort of cool...unnatural, but cool. Then I started seeing more and more of them and the coolness factor went away.
I went to Mackinaw Island a few years ago and you couldn't look down the beach without seeing rocks stacks literally every 20 feet. I understand that a lot of State and National Parks are the same way. I am firmly in the "leave no trace" camp.

I may alone in my opinion, but I see rock stacks as unnatural eyesores.

Played The Monster at Fighting Creek this morning in Powatan Virginia, just to the west of Richmond.

Left- Long first tee drops down, back up and dogleg left. Short par 5 less than 500 feet.

Middle- #14 shared tee about 235 feet. The landing area is only 10 feet long. On the backside just 2 feet from basket is a long roller of about 100 feet.

Right- #15 looking down from the short tee not able to see basket or my disc thrown from long tee which is about 350 feet a hard dogleg left open tee. A crash the canopy throw. All I heard was my disc hitting branches. Found the disc.

Attachments

• PIC_2866.JPG
    PIC_2866.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 44
  • PIC_2864.jpg
    PIC_2864.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 48
  • PIC_2865.jpg
    PIC_2865.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Is this a fairway? I'm not sure my cart will fit!!! :D