• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Is this a fairway? I'm not sure my cart will fit!!! :D
Looks like a blast and a half!

After a 2 1/2-hour car ride, sub-freezing temperatures, and stiff legs. I was not ready to see that on the first tee. That less than 10-foot gap is 200-feet away. I ended up to the right after deflecting a tree from the left. Yes, fun hole, wished I had a few holes to get warmed up on before seeing that.

After a 2 1/2-hour car ride, sub-freezing temperatures, and stiff legs. I was not ready to see that on the first tee. That less than 10-foot gap is 200-feet away. I ended up to the right after deflecting a tree from the left. Yes, fun hole, wished I had a few holes to get warmed up on before seeing that.

looks like a warm up hole bud

Texas has some gnarly, gnarled looking little trees it seems. Definitely a different look than up here. And trees you can throw over. One of these days I hope to see for myself.

I bet it's got some gnarly looking people, too. :p

It is interesting how the terrain and land ale, and really, the ecosystems change as you play in different regions.

The woods in TN, the Carolinas, an GA are kinda similar to the woods in the midwest, but you get a different feel because you get a different mix of trees. A bit different still in the northeast...where there seem to be more hardwoods and fewer pines.

Southern GA down through central FL, has a unique feel with all the palmetto and long leaf pine. Things change again in south FL, with all the palms and more tropical species, and fewer oaks.

One day I'll see how things really change playing in the desert southwest and the forests of the Pacific northwest.

I don't know who to credit for this photo, but this was taken at the Kayak Point Disc Golf Resort in Stanwood, WA. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=11555

attachment.php

Attachments

• D0513AFE-4760-4050-9BAB-B624BDE0E585.jpg
    D0513AFE-4760-4050-9BAB-B624BDE0E585.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 474
This morning at Walnut Creek Park outside Charlottesville, Virginia.

left- #5 short basket with lake in the background. Long basket further down to the left. Beautiful view. Tee is elevated. To the left downhill is #2 baskets, across water uphill are #2 elevated tee's.

center- #17 short tee is elevated a little higher than long tee. Just behind the trees on left is short basket about 300 feet away. long basket at 500 feet is just below the snow. Both par 3's.

right- #17 approach to long basket more than 200 feet away, the second elevated drop. Water to the left of basket, just a stunning green. Short basket to my left about 100 feet away. I played both baskets. Good excuse to have two throws from the tee.

Attachments

• PIC_2962.JPG
    PIC_2962.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 67
  • PIC_2984.JPG
    PIC_2984.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 63
  • PIC_2985.jpg
    PIC_2985.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 61
This basket placement is evil! About a month ago I made a return trip to Cannon Ridge in Fredericksburg, Virginia. This is the No. 11 B Pin on the main course, and also serves as the No. 8 on the putter course. The drop off is much steeper than it looks in the photo's.

-left looking from the fairway. The ridge is only a few feet wide. Notice the yellow rope to help you get down to the ravine to retrieve your disc, its about 15-20 feet down.

-middle looking from the No. 8 tee on the putter course only 32 feet. Also, the fairway for No. 11. It's about 3 feet above the basket, the depression in front of the ridge is about 4 feet deep, but solid ground. I bounce my putter off of the top of basket, down the rope I went.

right- from basket downhill No. 11 fairway to tee. It's a par 4 less than 400 feet.

Attachments

• PIC_2894.jpg
    PIC_2894.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 64
  • PIC_2895.jpg
    PIC_2895.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 59
  • PIC_2945.JPG
    PIC_2945.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 59
This is hole #6 at 162 feet Barnet Park in Kingston N.C, I played there last month. The gap off the tee is smallest I've played. The course just recently added some long baskets in unique locations and greatly enhanced the course, I ended up favoriting the course. What's funny is I was a few holes behind a threesome, and I heard in the distance 3 solid tree hits, I thought "I wonder which hole is so difficult"?

left- The gap is only 28 inches and about 10 feet in front of you. There's no going to the left or right and no line straight to the basket. I made the gap, but about 1/3rd of the way deflected to the right.

middle- The distance of my par putt, and a nice, elevated basket on a mound. There were yellow whiskers on C1 thru out the course. Not sure why this single whisker was next to the basket?

right- Looking back to the tee which is right center thru the trees.

Attachments

• Kingston1.jpg
    Kingston1.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Kingston2.jpg
    Kingston2.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Kingston3.jpg
    Kingston3.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 60