• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Second picture...

is there a tee-pad in there?
or did you land in the middle of a bunch of rocks?

Thanks for the question!
Thats the rocky edge of the dam on hole 15. There's a DEEP water crossing about 300' from the tee- I layed up to this edge of the dam and threw across from there.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    83.9 KB · Views: 46
Happy Halloween, Y'all.

Haunted-Labyrinth-2021.jpg

Spooky-Arms.jpg

Happy Halloween, Y'all.

Haunted-Labyrinth-2021.jpg

Spooky-Arms.jpg

My clubs annual Halloween tournament. This is such a great event. We bring in a professional theatrical staging company and a bunch of volunteers. We decorate, light, fog and sound fill the putting course at Rolling Hills. Play one day round on the regular course and two night rounds in the Tomb of Terror. Casual tournament that we really try to direct at family and friends. Here are the trophies.

https://www.facebook.com/A3Disc/photos/a.622787777735967/5084235371591163/?type=3&theater

And a hoodie as part of the players' pack

https://www.facebook.com/A3Disc/photos/a.622787777735967/5084235201591180/?type=3&theater

Cannon Ridge Fredericksburg, Virginia became an instant hit when I played it a few months ago. First 11 holes ravine play with an open water carry on no. 8. The last 7 mostly long bomber open.

-On left No. 8 tee from the woods up and over a dam to the basket in the owners backyard a 400 plus foot carry.

-middle photo looking from the basket to the tee over dam, tee is back in the woods. This view reminded me of Ledgestone's Eureka Temp No. 1 where your teeing over the water to the basket on other side of dam watching coverage.

-on right looking high above from No. 7 fairway down to short tee No. 2. which climbs straight up the hill to a hanging basket. Fun course!

Attachments

• PIC_2376.JPG
    PIC_2376.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 65
  • PIC_2377.JPG
    PIC_2377.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 67
  • PIC_2375.JPG
    PIC_2375.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 68
Cannon Ridge Fredericksburg, Virginia became an instant hit when I played it a few months ago. ...Fun course!
I absolutely love Cannon Ridge! Did you also play the 18 basket par 2 course? A few of the baskets are in the spots where the Union Army had artillery in the Battle of Fredericksburg during the Civil War. Hence the name. Super cool!

I absolutely love Cannon Ridge! Did you also play the 18 basket par 2 course? A few of the baskets are in the spots where the Union Army had artillery in the Battle of Fredericksburg during the Civil War. Hence the name. Super cool!

Yes, Cannon Ridge was flat out fun! I had planned on playing the par 2, but traffic was slow getting there and I lost the time to play. The par 2 looked like it had some difficult to reach basket placements and may of taken longer than expected to play. It just gives me an excuse to get back up there play the main course, and get up earlier to include the par 2. I did see some artillery placements dug in on the ground, I think on hole 11 and another hole I'm not remembering.

Course Additions

I received approval to add 3 new holes to the 9 hole course at Central Assembly of God in Cumberland, MD. We have started work on the new holes. These 2 pics were taken at the very beginning of the process.

New hole #7... yes, there will be a fairway. :D
picture.php

New hole #8... almost made itself! :thmbup:
picture.php

We are also upgrading the baskets once they are back in stock with the supplier. If these additional holes are as well received as the course itself, we hope to be able to work our way to 18 baskets. These holes will definitely add to the challenge of the otherwise mostly open course. The holes won't be very long, but they will be challenging.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Lake Marshall will host DGPT Silver Series Event for the first time October 28-30, 2022. Photos from my second visit, looking from the owners driveway:

On the left Lion's course across #12 fairway to its island green par 5, 1000 plus feet. In the background right #18 fairway, and the small gap left #11 tee

In the middle Lion's course looking up the #18 fairway par 5, 900 plus feet.

To the right Lair's course #1 basket in the foreground, fairway runs right to left hidden in the woods, long par 4 with a drop to basket. And to the left in picture way in the background #2 green along the water, a par 3.

Attachments

• PIC_2273.JPG
    PIC_2273.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 54
  • PIC_2275.JPG
    PIC_2275.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 54
  • PIC_2274.jpg
    PIC_2274.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Its the last hole coming back near the parking lot, so one of the mostly open ones, at least for the first half of the hole.

Saw a groundhog & a couple of deer that day, no bears though.

Played Casey Logan in Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina this morning. My third visit this year and ranked in my top 5. Long tees to long baskets I consider very difficult and each hole has its own unique features.

On the left is a window tree on No. 5 just about impossible to putt thru, there are several window trees on the course whether protecting baskets or on the fairways.

In the middle No. 17 longs is the narrowest gap I've played and this hole is 330 feet. It does open up about 180 feet out.

On the right is No. 18 the fairway doesn't open up all the way to a roller basket at 645 feet. Today I made it cleanly for the first time for a birdie putt, but 2 putted.

The local club is one of the best works I've seen. In the 20 months I've played here on 5 visits the course has transformed stretching out long tees and baskets. Adding paver tees, distance markers, and clearing out brush. Just amazing.

Attachments

• PIC_2748.jpg
    PIC_2748.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 82
  • PIC_2749.jpg
    PIC_2749.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 77
  • PIC_2750.jpg
    PIC_2750.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 78
Played Schumaker Pond this morning in Salisbury Maryland.

On the left walking out to the No. 3 tee on the dock.

In the middle the short basket is straight away at 328 feet, and the long at 397 feet on the hill above short.

On the right looking back toward tee.

Gotta admit I was a little shaky on the tee, I was afraid my follow thru would put me in the water. I got it over okay, but ended up with a bogey on the long basket.

Attachments

• PIC_2784.jpg
    PIC_2784.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 87
  • PIC_2785.JPG
    PIC_2785.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 82
  • PIC_2786.JPG
    PIC_2786.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Latest posts