• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a NOT cool disc golf photo

Making a complaint to your Postmaster who can do something about the problem will do more than posting pictures on DGCR can. I'm just saying.

Oh I did, and just posted the picture bc I thought it would be a good one for the not cool disc golf page. Thx for your sweet reply though. :clap:

I have not had the folding problem but everytime I have to go to the Post Office to pick up a disc that was shipped in a box I think about going to Lowes and getting the biggest mail box they have!

When I don't buy locally, I order from four different online disc shops. Even if I only order one disc, I write in the comments section and ask them "Please ship in a box or the mailman will cram it in the mailbox." ALL of them have done this for me at no extra charge. :D

I have not had the folding problem but everytime I have to go to the Post Office to pick up a disc that was shipped in a box I think about going to Lowes and getting the biggest mail box they have!

This. If your buying discs online, you should invest in a bigger mailbox. I am actually kind of lucky, I live in a condo with a locked mailbox stand. It has wide flat boxes that several discs can fit into no problem.

Last edited:

I did this last year, and it was the best ~$40 I ever spent. The mailbox looks good, and the discs are bend-free. No more worrying if the mail carrier crammed the package.

You might be addicted to disc golf when....

you buy a larger mailbox to accommodate all the discs you receive in the mail. ;) :p

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416322651.879439.jpg
After $35K in new course development you Wouk think someone would at least check google for how to spell disc correctly...sigh

View attachment 50634
After $35K in new course development you Wouk think someone would at least check google for how to spell disc correctly...sigh

After taking time time to bitch about a misspelling, you'd think you'd take advantage of spellcheck. :rolleyes: :p

Edit: beat me to the punch...:hfive:

2mi59j.jpg

Buddy blew up. Was a good disc. 15 degree F . Hit a tree about 50 foot out on a 290ish hole he was running hard at / pin high fast targeting. The boy has linear fast speed.

Check out this little beauty from Corbin Park in Post Falls, Idaho. I went back there to visit last summer and totally forgot about it until I was walking up there to tee off. It's been there for years. I try and trick myself into thinking it's an giant Arbys hat icon every time I see it, but I don't think that was the intended meaning the artist was trying to convey.

I've got a pic of the exact same thing in Ohio. Probably shouldn't post mine. Our vandals were better artists so no mistaking it for an arbys hat.

View attachment 50634

I don't have a picture, but after the city spent $200k+ on renovating the Zilker Park DGC in Austin, they recently reopened the front nine. I played the course the first week it reopened, and people had already been signing the baskets with their aces. The course will probably be trashed again within a year. Why can't people just sign their discs and be happy? No one gives a flying **** about a 200' ace on a par 3 course.

This is why we can't have nice things. :(

yeah, I figure, in the post a photo threads, you should always...when you comment, even if the pic has to be google image searched to do so.
8227a832_m.jpg

yeah, I figure, in the post a photo threads, you should always...when you comment, even if the pic has to be google image searched to do so.
8227a832_m.jpg

Probably wouldn't have made much difference, but next time they might want to pour a little more than a 5 lb. chunk of concrete around the sleeve. ;)

Stand and deliver. At least three Japanese adult men can tee off simultaneously with that much room OR barely one American.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 649