• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a pic of your tombstone!

perfect tombstone with the sword facing down
A-DRbI7CYAAZzn-_zpse4b714d1.jpg

Sword in the (tomb)Stone.

So maybe this isn't the place for it, but I realized once I disc'd down I stopped getting thombstones a lot more. Does this normally happen when throwing super over stable or stuff that you don't have the arm speed for?

^right, but I feel like the discs come down at that angle more when throwing discs to fast. Maybe it's just me.

^right, but I feel like the discs come down at that angle more when throwing discs to fast. Maybe it's just me.

I have several - they are all thumbers :thmbup:

This is awesome. I've been looking for a reason to post this pic. Wasn't my shot, but still a good one. Not sure how it didn't hit basket at least.

E0A783A8-4378-4E93-AA88-BDF123EF46C3-42596-00000C1D750275B5.jpg

So maybe this isn't the place for it, but I realized once I disc'd down I stopped getting thombstones a lot more. Does this normally happen when throwing super over stable or stuff that you don't have the arm speed for?

Major reason is higher speed drivers have a sharper edge on their wing. Think lawn dart vs. baseball.

Also, because their rims are wider, there is more mass at the (sharper) edge to drive into the turf. Think of pounds per square inch for a woman in spike heels vs. the same woman wearing Chuck Taylor's.

I had a zone tombstone yesterday which is weird because zones are the opposite of sharp rimmed. It was muddy though.

GL Trident on a super spike hyzer. Would have been cooler if it was facing the right way.

Attachments

• IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 73
Been playing a week and two days...just proud when they go in the general, intended direction, but thought these were funny enough to take a pic of, unaware there was a name for it until I saw this thread