• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Photos of Your Disc Golf Bag

I've been using an A-Series Grip (Discmania) for a long while now. It's been a great, durable bag over the years but I'm thinking about switching to a CS Series.

I've got a skinny frame and the A-Series has always felt like it was built for a bigger person. Does the C-Series feel tighter on your shoulders than your larger Grip? Is there any difference in the way it fits or is the only difference in the front storage?

Only difference is front storage. Feels like I'm not even carrying a bag

I use an old lunch bag that the silver interior came off. Holds about 20 discs with 2 side pockets that each hold a putter and a front pocket for first aid/insect/ suntan protection/etc ...sometimes i use a grabber i attach with a carabiner to get discs out of weeds cause i'm a big chicken man.

I use an old lunch bag that the silver interior came off. Holds about 20 discs with 2 side pockets that each hold a putter and a front pocket for first aid/insect/ suntan protection/etc ...sometimes i use a grabber i attach with a carabiner to get discs out of weeds cause i'm a big chicken man.

pics? :)

About 2 months in i'm grabbing a bit of everything so i can find what i like maybe pass on discs i decide are not for me on to my nieces/nephew or other newbie players
Dkw087iX0AA2SQo.jpg

Well looking around at some bags online....not ready for one with wheels or a big back pack ...and none of the Made for disc golf bags seem anything more special than my bag so guess i'm gonna stick with it for a while unless someone can explain why the disc golf bags are better

Well looking around at some bags online....not ready for one with wheels or a big back pack ...and none of the Made for disc golf bags seem anything more special than my bag so guess i'm gonna stick with it for a while unless someone can explain why the disc golf bags are better

Generally speaking, the materials for disc golf bags are tougher and meant to hold up with repeatedly being dropped, dragged, and caught on rocks, branches, cement, etc.

Additionally, disc golf bags are generally made with pockets to accommodate extras such as any extra layers you may wear, phones, extra plastic, etc. Things that would be commonly needed for a disc golfer but that a portable lunchbox or tackle box doesn't account for (and doesn't need to). water bottle holders, umbrella and stool holders, etc can also be helpful for the disc golfer.

There are some great deals to be had on quality bags that are correctly proportioned for disc golf and offer up some creature comforts that other style bags might not.

All that being said, there is no reason to rush out and purchase a disc golf bag if you are happy with what you are using. Hell, I used an old school backpack for 3 years before I got my first bag.

Last edited:
Generally speaking, the materials for disc golf bags are tougher and meant to hold up with repeatedly being dropped, dragged, and caught on rocks, branches, cement, etc.

Additionally, disc golf bags are generally made with pockets to accommodate extras such as any extra layers you may wear, phones, extra plastic, etc. Things that would be commonly needed for a disc golfer but that a portable lunchbox or tackle box doesn't account for (and doesn't need to). water bottle holders, umbrella and stool holders, etc can also be helpful for the disc golfer.

There are some great deals to be had on quality bags that are correctly proportioned for disc golf and offer up some creature comforts that other style bags might not.

All that being said, there is no reason to rush out and purchase a disc golf bag if you are happy with what you are using. Hell, I used an old school backpack for 3 years before I got my first bag.
yea plus my bag has the front pocket and if i wanted too could use one of the side mess pockets to put a bottle or umbrella etc in. The bottom is padded and is very tough and the bag is also i would generally have up to 6-8 bottles of water in it plus an ice pack or two for work. front pocket holds my extras and hopefully like you after i've loved it a while maybe i'll look for something better. Also the top opens up like most disc golf bags i've seen and stays out of my way.

My bag is below. I've had this forever now (probably 8-10 years at least, I would guess). I may get a new one in the next few years, but it pretty much meets all my needs. I love the Quad Shocks and I'm glad I added the DGCourseReview patch a few years ago since they don't seem to be available currently.

Attachments

• IMG_3468.JPG
    IMG_3468.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3470.JPG
    IMG_3470.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3466.JPG
    IMG_3466.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 72
Dipping some discs in pink dye turning out well I think

Attachments

• 3A608483-9DFC-4EEA-8082-7AA5D433E2E1.jpg
    3A608483-9DFC-4EEA-8082-7AA5D433E2E1.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 155
yea plus my bag has the front pocket and if i wanted too could use one of the side mess pockets to put a bottle or umbrella etc in. The bottom is padded and is very tough and the bag is also i would generally have up to 6-8 bottles of water in it plus an ice pack or two for work. front pocket holds my extras and hopefully like you after i've loved it a while maybe i'll look for something better. Also the top opens up like most disc golf bags i've seen and stays out of my way.

If you look around at goodwill, keep your eyes open for Embark backpacks. They're designed for school use, but are easy to set up for DG. My current bag holds 20 discs, with more if I wanted to cram it. 2 drink holders, front pocket holds 3 putters easily plus an "extras" pocket for mini, a other pocket for phone/wallet on the flap. This one also has a separate compartment for laptop, which holds drink bladder easily, or you could put a stiffback in there. So far, $4.74 for the bag, another dollar for a cutting board/floor.
My other one has been going strong for over 6 years, we'll see how this one does. Bottom of bag is extremely tough and durable.

Attachments

• 15360816365002899613791887390198.jpg
    15360816365002899613791887390198.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 20180827_143626.jpg
    20180827_143626.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 20180827_144209.jpg
    20180827_144209.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 95
If you look around at goodwill, keep your eyes open for Embark backpacks. They're designed for school use, but are easy to set up for DG. My current bag holds 20 discs, with more if I wanted to cram it. 2 drink holders, front pocket holds 3 putters easily plus an "extras" pocket for mini, a other pocket for phone/wallet on the flap. This one also has a separate compartment for laptop, which holds drink bladder easily, or you could put a stiffback in there. So far, $4.74 for the bag, another dollar for a cutting board/floor.
My other one has been going strong for over 6 years, we'll see how this one does. Bottom of bag is extremely tough and durable.
cool but i still like my lunch bag ...mess pockets on either side if i want to do a putter round or 1 putter and 1 mid

^ Brings new meaning to, "Put the biscuit in the basket."

Latest posts